After reading the many five-star reviews on this website before our trip to Rome, I fully anticipated writing a glowing report upon my return. Unfortunately, I cannot describe our experience as "Excellent" and, at $1500 per night, my rating of "Very Good" is a push. At first, I ranked the property "Average" but must acknowledge certain aesthetic features.
Unquestionably, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is a grand, well-located structure--filled with some beautiful antiques. The public rooms have a rather hushed museum feel. The suite we occupied is spacious, with a pretty garden view. The linens are quite lovely and the bathroom bright and well-equipped. A note, the lighting in the room is uneven. The choices are: a series of dim lamps or a continuous up-lighting mounted on the full room perimeter embedded in the ceiling trim which basks the room in hospital-like florescence.
Reception, a series of side-by-side desks crammed under the main foyer stairway, is a hive of activity--several people glued to their computers as if they worked at NASA. With twelve rooms to manage, I cannot imagine what they are tending to but, for when approached, they seem slightly annoyed at the interruption. The words aloof and indifferent come to mind. English is a problem here and in the breakfast room.
The "honor bar" is a nice touch and breakfast OK. I kept looking for all the "remarkable" service but it eluded me.
Lovely building, stellar location, sweet young greeter, quiet ambiance, garden, spa--these are the positives to take it over the "Average" hump.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The urban Villa of the Spalletti Trivelli Counts rediscovers its vocation as host of business and leisure travelers, connoisseurs of art and wellbeing. In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a splendid Italian garden, elegant and refined environments furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive energy bar, sumptuous rooms with every comfort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Escapio, T4B, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Villa Spalletti Trivelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome