We agree with the chorus of TripAdvisor members, whose reviews sent us here, that this is a thoroughly enjoyable, luxurious venue only minutes from most major sights but surprisingly peaceful and non-commercial. Our room, a smaller suite (#7), was spacious, amply air-conditioned and luxuriously appointed with antiques and a marble bathroom. Views from the rooms are unimportant even if the hotel is justifiably proud of their well-kept private rear garden and proximity to several parks, which, incidentally, were deserted during our five-day visit. We had originally considered two boutique hotels, including the popular Portrait Suites, on the Via Condotti, but were very satisfied with this property and will not hesitate to return. Highlights are the breakfast buffet, which is sumptuous, the basement-level fitness center, and the overall sense that you are visiting wealthy relatives rather than a commercial establishment. We disagree with one TripAdvisor member who found the atmosphere akin to a mausoleum. It is just lively enough during July so that you don’t feel you are in an empty theater. I will say that it is awkward ringing the front doorbell and waiting to be let in every time you return home. Moreover, we found the staff inconsistent and, while mostly very accommodating, believe we encountered the front desk employee who wrote a bitingly sarcastic reply to the abovementioned TA member. His sour-ness was noted in person over and above his perfect English-language skills. But beyond these expectable issues this is a premier property which we highly recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel
- Spalletti Trivelli Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The urban Villa of the Spalletti Trivelli Counts rediscovers its vocation as host of business and leisure travelers, connoisseurs of art and wellbeing. In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a splendid Italian garden, elegant and refined environments furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive energy bar, sumptuous rooms with every comfort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Villa Spalletti Trivelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.