“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #34 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's difficult to add anything to previous reviews, but it really is that good. Spotlessly clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfasts, managed by people who obviously care about their hotel and their guests. The importance of the quiet road should not be underestimated - rome is a noisy place. Plenty of good value restaurants within 10 mins walk and the bus/ rails stations are literally 5 mins stroll.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This clean comfortable hotel is close to the train terminus without being anywhere near the noise! It is a 20 min walk to the main areas, but you feel very safe in Rome so it was no bother at all. The room was very good - we had up-graded to a larger room when booking. The bathroom was very high spec, with modern fittings - a full size bath and shower over and lots of space! The bed felt hard but was really perfect and HUGE! As for the breakfasts, well how can you fault such a vast array of fresh fruit salads, yoghurts, croissants, cereals, toast and there were some hot offerings of bacon and scrambled eggs / mushrooms too if you wanted that. The waitress looked after us well by bringing espressos/freshly squeezed blood oranges and a smile! The staff were all very professional. We had a power cut one night, but some low level lighting made it possible to get to our room and proved not a problem. I would say this is a great base and would stay there again myself. Rome had so many attractions and going in Feb meant that there was not a lot of queuing to do! I would recommend getting the special Roma ticket for 3 days of free transport and access to the most popular attractions prior to going.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very clean rooms with lots of lovely little touches - free soft drinks, good toiletries etc. Excellent customer service & a brilliant free continental breakfast.

This hotel is a little walk (20 mins) from main sights but is located by the main terminal so public transport is easy. We love walking though so were happy to save £50 a night and say outside.

A brilliant, friendly hotel with great communication prior to stay. Book here!

• Stayed February 2013
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After an easy walk from Termini Station, we were greeted with warm hospitality. Though incredibly early for check-in, we were given suggestions for whiling away the hour it took for the room to be ready. Accommodations were immaculate and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was wonderful. All employees exemplified excellence in their "service with a smile."

Room Tip: We had a standard room, lower floor, facing the street - for light sleepers, traffic noises might be...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of January/early Feb 2013 in a Deluxe double (but I imagine standard double would have been just as nice but without a whirlpool bath!). It's main credit is its staff, who are so friendly and helpful. The hotel provide you with city maps/information on arrival and when asked can recommend restaurants to you. Being our first visit to Rome, we found that all the main attractions are very spread out from one another so it is impossible to find a hotel that is near everything! This hotel is around a 15 minute stroll to the Spanish Steps/Trevi Fountain, and perhaps 30 minutes or so walk to the colosseum. It is in a nice quiet location, despite being less than 5 minute walk away from the Termini station! The rooms are clean, and what you would expect from a 4 star European city hotel. We would highly recommend this hotel, and we had a lovely Roman experience here. Ps they provide you with a free mini bar in your room with a selection of non-alcoholic drinks, tea, coffee etc and biscuits which they top up each day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel after reading many reviews on the tripadvisor. It was much more than what I had expected. From the moment I had booked my reservation to the arrival at the hotel. I´d like to say that Doreen (at reception) was as cordial in person as she was in our correspondence via email. Needless to say, all the other members of the staff were attentive to all my needs. I stayed in room 102 (non-smoking floor, I take. All doors are marked non-smoking). The only drawback was a guest on the same floor who ignored the signs and was smoking in his/her room - obviously, when I left my room one evening, the hallway smelled like an astray. I commented this fact to the staff on duty.
Back to the hotel. It is really a short-walking distance from Roma Termini (the main train station). When my train arrived from Florence, I just walked out and turned right straight to Via Marslala (immediately I was able to see the Rome cityseeing bus stop #1). I just crossed the road (Viale de Nicola Enrico),another short walk on Via Gaeta and there I was. Once again, I felt very welcomed by Doreen and the bellboy (I cant remember his name) who helped me with my luggage and explained how everything worked in the hotel. I did not use the sauna nor the gym(which is free of charge), but this will be for the next time. My room was fine.. the only thing I would suggest is to switch those blankets for duvets. I am allergic to that and before I went to bed, I made I stripped them from the bed. The breakfast room is charming, and there is a great variety for breakfast. The staff at breakfast was always concerned about my well-being.
From the hotel, you can walk to Piazza Republica, Via Nazionale... a whole host of places. I felt very safe in the area, especially for being close to a major train station.
One this for sure, I will go back there again very soon.. Doreen and staff: thanks for making my stay rather memorable. Thanks for helping me with the Roma Pass and for giving me advice on how to get to the Vatican City.
For those on their first visit to Rome, I´d suggest you take the tube at Termini (walking distance from the hotel) towards Batistini an get off either at Otaviano/Piazza San Pietro or Cipro/Musei Vaticano (use your Roma Pass). I tried bus 64 but it is really too crowded.

Room Tip: I personally liked room 102. very close to the main floor and you do not need to take the lift all t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited Rome for my girlfriends 40th birthday. It was about a 5 min walk from the train station. The room was available earlier than we had expected as we had an early flight. The staff were helpful and polite. We booked a superior double room- it was lovely. Spotlessly clean and free mini bar!! We had a great 3 nights and even when there was a power cut (no fault of the hotel) they showed us to our room by torch light. Breakfast was great- good choice and plenty to eat. No noise from train station and great location for walking to most of the main sites- also plenty of buses stop at the Termini so you can get further afield. All in all I would recommend this Hotel. Should we visit Rome again we would definately stay again. Excellent!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Diocleziano? Share your experiences!