“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #410 of 550 Specialty lodging in Rome
Montreal, Canada
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Mattress were uncomfortable, the room smelled really bad, the guy at the « front desk » didn’t care at all AND my iPod got stolen in the « luggage room » witch is pretty much in front of the front desk, in the living room/kitchen. NO hot water, shared bathroom. We were 2 young adults so we didn’t really care about the comfort. We had a good laugh.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just no. We had a terrible experience. As three female college students, we booked a room together in the "B&B" next door, however, we were put in the Two-Ducks Hostel and SPLIT UP. Two girls placed five floors below! Sketchy staff with unfriendly attitudes, we were appalled at our treatment. Hot water was random, and the kitchen was atrocious. No bed bugs, the location, and other guests at the hostel were the only thing that bad the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Good things about the hostel: really close to Termini, bed was comfortable, wifi worked perfectly, you can smoke in the hallway (instead of going down 5 floors, although I suppose if you don't smoke that's a disadvantage!)
Bad things about the hostel: where do I even start!? The showers are literally a trickle of cold water and there is NO room at all to undress/move at all, very grotty (dirty dishes everywhere, moulding fruit in the kitchen, questionable bedspreads, random wet patches on the bed), VERY hard to find (no sign, right at the bottom of a shady wee alley... luckily we had a navigator in the group who had a good idea of where he was going!), nobody at reception... ever. We waited a good 15 minutes for the door to be opened. We stayed for 3 days and literally saw one guy at reception for about 5 minutes the whole time; there was always a sign saying 'be back in 20 minutes' and a phone number that didn't work. The whole thing is tiny; pretty sure it's just a regular flat. On to more serious matters; there was money stolen from my purse while I was sleeping (my bag was under my bed). Granted, I shouldn't have left it unattended without a lock or something but still, it's pretty shocking for someone to go in to your bag, open your purse and steal money then put it back exactly as you found it! Nothing else was stolen so they obviously knew exactly what they were looking for.On top of that there were pretty shady characters in the hostel at the same time as us, granted that's not the hostels fault, but it did make me somewhat uncomfortable. Finally, the 'reception' is a teeny desk with no computer, no information and most of the time no receptionist. Everything was scribbled down on paper, passport details and stuff. The guy phoned some other dude and asked who we were, he seemingly had no idea we were coming. Then he told me my name and reservation dates just to confirm and both were wrong even though he'd just written it all down... Oh and also his English is terrible.

Bottom line, just don't do it. I looked at the reviews on hosetlworld and they didn't seem too bad, I will definitely come to Trip Advisor first the next time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 nights. As others noticed there are still no sigh of hostel at via calatafimi 41. When you somehow manage to get in you find out that there are no towels, almost no dishes in the kitchen, water in the shower is not reliable, beds hardly have any blankets, there are only one electricity socket in the room and there are no breakfast included.
Though the location is pretty good, the Wi-Fi was working and we had our own keys so you can come back whenever you want. The place was pretty clean however staff after cleaning rooms leaves them open.
If you don't have better options it's ok to stay in this hostel for few nights but you should d definitely look for other options.

Granada, Andalucia, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

we stayed at this hostel for 3 nights a couple of weeks ago (nov 2012). A) the hostel is located on a shady side alley with no visible sign. the actual hostel office is 5 floors up in this shady apartment building. the reception was lackluster, the hostel itself dirty and not very warm/welcoming. B) after paying, we were told that our actual room was 4 blocks away in a separate apartment complex...as 3 girls on our own it was a little creepy. we go to this room, and it's dirty, everything's out of use, no soap etc.

also we paid more because we confirmed, which kind of beats the purpose of confirming.

i would highly NOT recommend this hostel . we felt unsafe the whole time, and it really wasn't that cheap; other much better ones were available in the same area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE, Doesn't matter how cheap or convenient it is. The hostel staff WILL steal from you. I only left my belongings in the hostel for 10 minutes while I went to the shop (only staff were in plus there was only one other person in the hostel staying at all) and they had gone through my stuff and stolen money.

I confronted him (the bigger guy) about it and he just shrugged.

I will be calling the police when I get out of here tomorrow (hopefully they come and at least scare the staff)

Other than that, I'm about to try and get some sleep with - although I am sleeping with a fork from kitchen beside me as I believe they could try something again now I confronted them

• Stayed August 2012
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hostel ruin Italy's reputation at a whole. They will allocate you a room which is not as stated, dirty, unfriendly, smelly, rude and dishonest staff. Do not leave your luggage for them to take care although they allowed you to do so because they will ransack your luggage and steal your belongings and when you confronted them, they will just say, don't accused me, anything, email them. this is utter rubbish.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Two Ducks Hostel? Share your experiences!