“Lovely & convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Principe Eugenio

Save Saved
You added Principe Eugenio to your Saves list
Principe Eugenio
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Principe Eugenio 90, 00185 Rome, Italy (Esquilino / Termini)   |
Ranked #431 of 1,264 hotels in Rome
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Lovely & convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is located at 5 mins walk from the metro station and the bus & tram stops right outside. The rooms are extremely clean and spacious with exceptionally helpful people at the reception. We didn't find the area or location bad,we were out till about 10 pm and it was fine. For us the only concern was the breakfast; there were cold cuts, cereals, eggs, cake, bread & coffee and we found it just about average

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was hesitant to write the review , my reason , i dont want to be booked next time i am in Rome , but I have to be fair and honest , so I take my risk . ( i always plan my trip the very last minute , literay) i want to begin to say , as world well traveled , and solo traveler 90% of the time , i have stayed in luxury hotel , like 4 seasson in Tokyo , Sofitel in Dubai , and and few youth hostel when I was in my 20's . This BB it is very good for the price, the room is big , bathroom is inside, near metro station Manzoni, and a few bloks to Termini central station . They serve a basic breakfast , continental , not bad to get you thru lunch. before I booked the hotel , read some of the trip advisors post, some post lead me to believe, that they were people not very well experience travelers, so i took my chances and went for my on judgement and some of the good review of the more experience travelers. This is Rome and if you want luxury , you will have to pay for it, this is perfect , for what I wanted to accomplish, Rome under €100. Per day. Voila , I did it , Thanks to this hotel . And for some of the post you read saying that the area is unsafe , i feel safer here than anytown US , no guns. Just use your judgments , and do go wondering in the wee hours of the night by your lonesone. As a single woman , ( that always managed to have a unsolicited bodyguard to want to tag along with me) this area is safe , I got my hair done today in a salon two doors down the hotel for $12. I mean for the same thing i would have pay in the US 40 with tips . I am getting my hair done again before i go back home. But what is for sure , next time I am in Rome , hello Prince Eugene. Loved it , a decent meal under €20 around the corner .

Room Tip: Rooms are quite , you will be guarantee a quit night .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a weird one ... The hotel looks pretty sketchy, the area is pretty sketchy. But inside, especially in the rooms, the hotel is awesome. They are nicely furnished, and very clean.

The area is sketchy - but also very close to Termini station, which is a great central point.

The people running the hotel were very accommodating (they let us check in early, leave late), and they spoke enough English. They needed our passports for the check in, which my travel companions didn't like, but this used to be very common in Europe.

The room was great. Bed was fine, nice furniture and bathroom. Tile floors. Our room faced the street, but was quiet. Our companions' room faced the courtyard, which was lovely.

The breakfast was good, there is a grocery across the street. Streetcars to the main station run down the street and the metro is not far.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Take the Vittorio Emmanuelle metro exit and go towards the Maggiore exit. The metro has four exits, all situated around a rectangular park. So, if you exit on the wrong road, it could take a while to find your way. When you get to the top of the stairs, head right. Cross the road and you should be in Principe Eugenio. It is a yellow Hotel sign sticking out from the side of the building. There are directions on what button to press - they will open the door for you.

The neighorhood was okay, but I definately would not want to walk around trying to find my way if I were travelling by myself. It is close to the metro, bus, and tram, so it's pretty easy getting to the main attractions. It's also about 1/2 of a mile to the Colisseum. We went out one night to take night pictures of the Colissem and were followed for about 1/2 a mile with some guy yelling at us. He stopped to hand around a staircase, staring at us, only when we arrived and walked up to the police. So again, exercise caution, especially if you are travelling alone.

The manager of the hotel also cautioned against pickpockets, as did many random locals who would just come up and warn us. We had things pretty well hidden and secure, but you know it's iffy if the hotel manager tells you not to trust a single person.

Anyways, that being said, we really liked the hotel. Our room was big, there was a/c, a safe, and mini-fridge. Wifi was free and breakfast was included.

You do have to hand in your key every time you leave, but that was never a problem for us.

As it's not a touristy part of town, there were some great restaurants - we had some good pizza, Indian food, and fabulous ice cream (it was our favorite of all the places we tried). There is also a good sized grocery store across the street.

I would stay here again - it was a reasonable price...just maybe not by myself. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed there for 5 nights. Location convenient, 3 bus stops from train station (15 to 20 mins walking distance), also close to some of the tourist spots like Coloseum. The inside of the hotel is way better than its outside, so don't judge simply by its outside. We stayed in ensuite room, the room was very clean and very spacious with balcony. Air-con and Wifi worked very well. Hosts were very friendly despite limited English, they helped us to print boarding pass and the reservation to Vatican museum. Breakfast lasted until 10am, it would be better if breakfast could be refilled even we woke up late. The breakfast was always very limited when we came to the pantry at 9:45am. It is just almost opposite to one of the best Gelato in town G. Fassi that you cannot miss it! My boyfriend said a bit noisy from the road at night but did not affect me as I am a deep sleeper. Good facilities with affordable price, would consider to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is in an old building. The reception is on the second floor while some rooms are on the first floor. We kept waiting at the 1st floor door then went upstairs to realise that the reception is on the second floor. Our room was on the first floor. It is very safe. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are clean. It is a little far from the main attractions. The nearest subway station is a good 5 min wallk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel was clean and safe. The internet was reliable and the staff were friendly (though English was sometimes a challenge). The breakfast was decent, but could use some improvement. The hotel is not really a "hotel" per se, it appears to be a one-floor flat that has been reconstructed to have several guest rooms. The Coloseum was an easy 20min walk away. It can be quite noisy at night (from the street, not from within the hotel), so for those who are light sleepers, I may recommend a place further from the city center.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Principe Eugenio? Share your experiences!