“Great host, wonderful food, fabulous location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katja's Bed & Breakast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Katja's Bed & Breakast
You added Katja's Bed & Breakast to your Saves list
Via della stazione di San Pietro 16, 00165 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #2,183 of 3,081 Rome B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Great host, wonderful food, fabulous location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

Gianluca was a gracious and accommodating host. My son (twenty one) and I stayed in the room with bunk beds. Although small, it was very comfortable. The food was amazing. The location is ideal - close to the train station and a short walk to the Vatican. The neighborhood is safe with lots of restaurants. I highly recommend this B&B. Thank you Gianluca for a wonderful time in Roma!

• Stayed December 2009

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Roman Holiday (a.k.a Katja's B&B) was the best and my most favorite accomodation among all the other hotels and B&Bs I've tried in my 5-week European tour. First of all, the Pope was literally my neighbor for 3 nights (how cool is that?!). It was walking distance to The Vatican and accessible by bus to all other important sights in Rome. The price was definitely a plus factor given the location, the cleanliness and the safety of the B&B.

Gianluca was a very gracious and attentive host. He gave clear instructions going to his place, picked me up from the bus stop, suggested nice restaurants, prepared delicious and well-presented breakfasts, and even packed lunch for me on the day that I left (very early in the morning). It was one thing that my room and the whole B&B was comfortable, charming, safe, affordable and accessible. But more importantly, the best asset of this place was definitely the excellent service and friendliness of its owner.

I highly recommend this gem of a place if you wish to have a really great Roman holiday.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Wow - what can I say: the breakfasts here were the best we had all trip (a month long European adventure). Our host, Jeanluca (the owner), cooked us up a tasty breakfast every morning (scrambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, meats and cheeses, vegetable plate, juice, coffee, tea, and packaged pastries) - it was a delicious start to our days. There was so much food that we had enough to pack up for lunches - mmmm! Also, Jeanluca is an extremely helpful guide; he told us about the sights, how to get around by bus, and traditional restaurants to visit. These positive aspects more than made up for the small downsides of the place (i.e., the cramped room, old furnishings, lack of A/C, etc.). Also, the location was great (a 5 minute walk from the Vatican). All in all, a terrific place to stay in Rome!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Katja's B&B for 3 nights in May as the first leg of our honeymoon and we both could not think of a better place to stay in Rome. Gianluca was friendly, helpful and one of the best hosts we have ever stayed with. He (and Katja who was away) offer a home away from home with comfortable rooms (small but all you need), great food and brillant advice on places to eat and wines to drink and just all round value for money. The location is superb as it's close to everything but far enough away to offer peace and quiet...waking to the sound of church bells every morning was wonderful. Thank you Gianluca - you made the start of our trip all we could have hoped for and we can't wait to come back and stay with you again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

My friend and I stayed at Katja's for four nights recently and could'nt fault the place. Gianluca was the perfect host, helpful, polite and a good cook! Location was great, bus stops at end of road. Stroll to the vactican and local restaurant excellent value. Would definately recommend, but would prefer to stay quiet!.....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

This cozy B&B was way above my expectations for the price. The owners were warm and welcoming. The breakfast was big and kept me going all day long.

The location is just outside the inner city of Rome so you will get a full nights sleep. a bus runs every 10 minutes in front of the location to the Termini or center station. The B&B is a short walk from the center.

Great place!

• Liked — warm coziness
  • Disliked — Bed was a bit stiff.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Katja's should be kept a secret so I can go back anytime I like! The location is fantastic for the Vatican and buses also into Rome (Both 600m away).

Luca was the perfect host and gave us some good tips on restaurants to eat at. He also got up at 5.30a.m. to say goodbye and gave us sandwich's in leiu of breakfast for our train journey.

Room is small with double bunks, however, if you're into great locations, clean rooms and great host and need a room to just sleep in this is for you. Won't send the bank broke either.

Only question my stay raised was is Katja Luca's imaginery friend?

Strongly recommend this B & B.

• Liked — Great Location and friendly host
  • Disliked — Small room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Katja's Bed & Breakast? Share your experiences!