“2 nights at Rudy's B&B” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2,012 of 2,885 Rome B&B and Inns
Hampton Beach, New Hampshire, United States
“2 nights at Rudy's B&B”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. It's a nice place. We met Rudy, seems like a good guy. We stayed in the room just past the check-in desk on the right. Clean, there's a TV up on the wall, bathroom has a shower and all the usual bits. First morning there were other people using the water and we could only get scalding hot or freezing cold, nothing in between. Second morning we were up at 4am to catch a flight, and the shower could be adjusted without any problem.

There's an elevator, but you have to get your bags up 4 or 5 steps to get to it. Being on the 5th floor is nice and quiet. However, you can hear people outside and next door to your room easily. Bring earplugs. We paid 76 euros per night for 2 people, 2 nights.

It was our first trip to Rome and on the day of arrival the street protest about the austerity measure happened to include the block of Rudy's B&B, and the next block. It was pretty much over by 7pm when we arrived, so the police let us under the yellow tape and we were in easily. Who knows if this will happen again, but Italy's austerity measures are making people mad so if one is scheduled be careful anywhere.

We found this place through the crosspollinate website, after trying to stay at the Beehive hostel and finding it full. Steve at crosspollinate worked hard to find us a place to stay on short notice. 5 stars to Steve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bunbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed three nights. Hotel was called Bed & Breakfast Rudy, but said they didn't do breakfast. The service was very ordinary. The hotel was walking distance to train station and our room was clean and comfortable, but was too hard to get to. From the street we had a key to open the wooden door, then go up a lift, then open a door that led us up a corridor to then open another door to our room. The reception was on another level. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at B&B Rudy for 3 nights. The room was comfortable, at best, and it's located conveniently close to the metro A line. However, I think it would be possible to find a much nicer place for the same price. The owners seemed disorganized and one of the workers was extremely rude to us. She didn't speak a word of English and insisted on speaking to us in Italian, and when we didn't understand her she got frustrated and cursed under her breath. She also knocked on our door early every morning to clean before we were ready to leave for the day. Perhaps my biggest complaint is how they nickel and dime you. Our room was advertised as having free breakfast and free air conditioning, but then they told us we had to pay extra for air conditioning and breakfast. Very frustrating. Anyway, it wasn't horrible and it was in a decent location. So if you can't find anywhere else to stay, stay here, but I would recommend looking elsewhere as there is much better accommodation available in Rome.

• Stayed June 2013
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked a room at Rudy's but when I arrived I was taken to another hotel (Cosmos b&b). I was not informed earlier that I will be relocated (I contacted the hotel a day before arrival and the staff confirmed that everything is fine). I think it is not fair at all. The second b&b was located farther from the centre and the room was very noisy so I was not happy with that change.
i cannot tell anything about the hotel itself but I was very disappointed with its customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Parma, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice place to stay for a little/medium time in Rome; very friendly personell. The give you keys for mor frredom in coming back. Change towels once after two nights. I asked for the recipe/bill, but they didn't give me in time, even if they promised me in the room. A litle bit of rumors in the streets all around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Merced, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was a bit skeptical of Hotel Rudy after reading some reviews, but after spending four nights at Rudy I can say Hotel Rudy is a great value. When I look at hotels I primarily worry about cleanliness value, and location. I can now say Hotel Rudy was very clean, better than most actual hotels (Rudy is family run). The value was great, half the price if not cheaper then others in the area. The location was perfect, just a couple of blocks away from Termini and an easy walk to many attractions.
Note that it is basic, not spectacular, but nothing to complain about like many others have. The hotel now leaves you a small fruit juice and prepackaged roll for breakfast in your room daily during cleaning, rather then the coupons others have complained about.
On a final note, make sure you know the address before arrival, there is no sign just a call button on the door that reads "Rudy B&B"

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there for 5 nights.
We were greeted with jot by a lovely lady who didn't know English yet consisted on speaking Italian to us, which we don't understand obviously.
The "breakfast" consisted of 2 coupons for a snack-bar per day which gives you an average coffee and a not-that-good-Croissant covered with a weird-yacky-sweet-thingy.
We got a room with a very noisy toilet. We got moved to another room (pretty fast I must add) but the water in the shower there kept switching from hot to cold all the time.
Wifi was free and good.
All in all, I think we payed too much (85 euros/night) for not enough.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.