“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bed and Breakfast Giovy

You added Bed and Breakfast Giovy to your Saves list
Bed and Breakfast Giovy
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Via Principe Amedeo, 85/a, 185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #1,424 of 2,888 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We went on a budget trip so this worked perfectly. You see a lot of people complaining about how it wasn't what they expected but you cant expect much if you are paying a low price. The rooms were clean and looked after well. The staff were very friendly and helped us more than we expected. it is very close to Rome Termini the main station in Rome.

The only downside to our stay here was that the WiFi in our room was not as strong as it was in other places so we couldn't use it effectively. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I didn't have super high expectations for this place to begin with, but there were a few things that were a bit difficult. First off, breakfast had a lot of food items, just none that really work for breakfast. The wifi does not reach all rooms and there is no seating area. The owner is not very friendly and does not speak English. That being said, the most wonderful concierge can assist you in the mornings! Raihan sat with us for a half an hour in the morning to show us all the attractions and explain to us the easy ways to get around. He was unbelievably accommodating to us for all of our needs. Lastly, if you stay here, do not stay on the first floor or you will be woken up every morning at 6:45am every morning by moving tables around for breakfast!

Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The B&B was what we wanted for our short stay in Rome. The room was clean and met our needs. The breakfast was reasonable as there was a lot of choice. The location was good for the train station, which is the reason we chose the B&B, but the area around seemed a little bit dodgy in the evenings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I picked this B and B because of past reviews. I wanted a place where the manager spoke English and could give me some recommendations on where to eat, etc. where there was a "homey" feel. I did not find that here. I think there may be new owners. Minimal English. When I asked for a restaurant recommendation, I was told that there were three restaurants on the street. Yes, there were, but not all were good. There was no seating area in the B and B, so you just have the room. The wi-fi did not work in my room, so I pulled a chair into the hall and used it there. Raihan was very helpful, but seemed to be there only at breakfast.
If I need a place in Rome next time, I will find another place to stay. Note: Hotel Maryellen and Giovy is next door. It is totally seperate and different than B and B Giovy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hampton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Within a five minute walk of the central train station in Rome, we found B & B Giovy and loved it there. The staff were extremely helpful and gave us excellent advice about our car-less, tour-less, visit to Rome. In other words, we wandered around on our own, but had excellent advice from the staff. Examples of good advice: if you are there for three or more days, definitely buy a Roma Pass. Also, don't take the train to the airport; instead, take the "airport" bus for less than a third of the price. The bus is right next to the station (remember only a five minute walk away!) and leaves every half hour beginning very early in the morning. The B & B's breakfast is fine. The room is spotless and very quiet. The only reason this doesn't have five stars is that the room was too small for us to do our daily floor exercises. And the beds were not terribly comfortable (my husband disagrees, though). Good restaurants also within walking distance. And the not too distant gelato place had soy gelato, in addition to their delicious traditional gelato.

Room Tip: Ask for a somewhat large room if you need space. Also, we had two small beds despite being a marrie...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Earlier reviews on this B&B were better than recent ones and it appears that this B&B has lost the plot. I would have rated it 2 stars except for some excellent service from Raihan who served Breakfast but also gave advice on places to see - such as a new shopping mall a bit of a distance out of Rome central.
The room we had was ok but did not have a "clean" feel about it. It wasn't dirty but it wasn't appealing either. The bathroom is very, very small. The walls are mouldy and the tiles are worm. This B&B needs a makeover to make it brighter and more appealing.
The breakfast was , mmm interesting. Cereal was provided but you had to have it in a cup as they didn't have bowls. Otherwise, yoghurt, cakes and oranges was provided. Stale white sliced bread and croissants were also available. A very good coffee machine occupies a large portion of the bench space. The eating area is very small (consistent) and room only for 8 people at a time and that was a squeeze.
The WIFI is dreadful and the worst I have experienced. Constantly losing the signal. Prior to arrival, I checked if they could print a voucher for me and theyu said no problem. On arrival, i was told no printing and pointed to the nearest internet cafe'. This was poor. Raihan later printed something for me but the guy that told me no, never apologised. The B&B is very handy to the train station and also the airport bus but that is really the only positive that this B&B has going for it, oh and also Raihan.

I certainly would not stay at this B&B again unless they improved the whole feel of the place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Bed and Breakfast Giovy? Share your experiences!