“Beautiful place, wonderful location” 4 of 5 stars

Sunset Roma Guest House & Suite
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Dei Serpenti 97, 00184 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #89 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful place, wonderful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Every bit of the room breathes Italy,spacious room that was enough to house 3 of us. Lovely host which made me switched on my laptop just to write this review so that anyone else who comes to rome can enjoy it as much as I do.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hotel Sunset was a wonderful stay!! I stayed with a family of 5 and we had two rooms. One room had a double bed and the other a double bed with a single bed. The room was very clean and the bathrooms were awesome!! The concierge was very helpful and gave us tons of information about restaurants. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here in June during our first visit to Rome. Andrea had been very helpful in helping with the arrangements for our stay, and we stayed in the apartment / flat on the 3rd floor. This was a wonderful room for our family, with three beds for us and the two kids. Leaning out the window were restaurants on the one side and the Colosseum down the street the other direction. Andrea provided great recommendations for dinner and gelato on the same street, and a little market one street over. The location is wonderful, just a few minutes from the Colosseum and Forum, and about ten minutes from Trevi Fountain. We will certainly stay there again if we get the chance to return to Rome!

Room Tip: The flat / apartment is great for families and has plenty of room and a small kitchen area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel three times now (and submitted a review after the first time.) I hesitate to recommend this hotel again for fear that the next time we come to Rome, it'll be too busy! As many reviewers have noted and I echo, the Sunset is in a wonderful location, literally blocks from the main historic attractions. (A look out a street-side room window and one can easily see the Colosseo.) The hotel is charming and Andreas, the owner a gracious host. The rooms range from comfortably adequate to luxurious. All this for a fair price. Yes, there are no elevators but Andreas is there to help. The street-side noise mentioned in my previous review weren't noticeable at all this stay so either the windows have been upgraded or the garbage & recycling trucks have a different schedule! Do not miss the Gelateria down the street it's epic! Another "don't miss" is the Travernelle restaurant around the corner - the fettucini alfredo is awesome! Finally, this hotel was featured on CNN's Travel site several months back - if that's any help with your Rome hotel decision making!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'm not a man of many words, but I have to praise this hotel. We travelled around Italy and stayed here for 4 nights in total. 3 Nights when we arrived to Rome and 1 night before flying back. Both times we stayed in rooms that were big, airy and clean. The bed was brilliant, though be warned that it's not soft! I do not like soft beds myself, so I enjoyed it a lot and sleep was long and refreshing there.
Guy at the front desk was also very helpful and gave good tips for other Italian cities.
If I ever need to go back to Rome, that's the place I'll stay. I've recommended it to my friends and the ones who have stayed there, share my thoughts.

Room Tip: I stayed both in a room that had windows to the street and courtyard. Street room had some slight no...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Hotel Sunset was a great place to stay. It was central to all of the major attractions. We could see the colloseum from our window. No matter what you do you will walk a ton in Rome, but this hotel was safe, secure, and comfortable. I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I were doing an 18 day whirlwind trip in Europe going to see London, Paris, Berlin, and Rome. This was a great hotel! The price is perfect and the rooms are updated and modern. The man at the front desk was SUPER helpful and friendly and he showed us some great places to eat close to the hotel. We had to check out at 5am and they let us check out the night before. The location was perfect for walking to the Colosseum, the Trevi fountain, and finding a bus stop to get to the Vatican, and the location was very safe. The ac did turn off at night like the one reviewer said, but we had double windows in our room and it was deathly quiet outside for most of the night. People who live in the area do hang out on the street where the hotel is, so it is noisy during the day, but it is a big city, and everyone we ran into was very friendly. My one complaint was that two of the towels did not seem clean, but they were replaced immediately. We would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Roma Guest House & Suite? Share your experiences!