After spending just over a week in Naples and the Amalfi coast we arrived in at the Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa hotel and checked into our Junior Suite. As it seems with all large city hotels the room was quite small but was clean and decently decorated. After reading other reviews I looked forward to trying the fancy shower. It was indeed very good but it was so small. Anyone over six foot would struggle especially as there was a seat in it which could not be moved.
The receptionists were helpful even if it did take three request to get an extra pillow.
Breakfast was fine apart from the coffee out of the machine which was terrible. Ask the waiters for cappuccino which are freshly made and were excellent.
Also I know beer prices in a hotel are high but I do object paying five euros for a small bottle of beer.
The location was fine and the public transport links were excellent, tram 8 takes you to the Largo Argentina where there are numerous bus links or down to Trastevere station where you can catch a train to Fiumicino airport, bus number 3 takes you over to the Colloseum and the H bus takes you to central station. All stop within about fifty yards of the hotel.
However all in all I felt the hotel was overpriced especially after staying in excellent hotels and B&Bs on the Amalfi Coast which were half the price.
Trastavere is a good location which was quiet during the day but came alive at night with many restaurants and bars trying to attract your trade. Returning to Rome I would look at staying in the area but not at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA is an exclusive place for who wants to spend a pleasant holiday in Rome. Thanks to its location is the ideal place for discovering the beauties of the city in comfort. The hotel offers different types of rooms to meet the different needs of its guests: who travels with family, for business, for couples and for friends. After a day of walking or working, guests can finally enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in the exclusive SPA and being pampered by massages, rose petals and hot drinks. The historical centre is easily accessible. The hotel is indeed located in Trastevere area, a few minutes walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trilussa Palace Congress And Spa
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel Rome
- Trilussa Palace Congress Rome
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Rome