“Hate It...Dont Ever Stay There” 1 of 5 stars

Alpha Via Veneto Suite
Via Sicilia 153, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Ranked #970 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
puerto rico
“Hate It...Dont Ever Stay There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

Dont ever stay there....and dont believe the pictures, they look fantastic but in reality is a motel . and the service was TERRIBLE too . I almost cry when I arrive there. Imagine we change reservations the next day...luckily!!!

• Liked — nothing, I almost cry
  • Disliked — the service and the room, terrible. Imagine they forgot to record our reservations
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

MFEMFEM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2006

Last place available for a local meeting. It's basically some dodgy rooms on the top floor of a residential block. Let's start at the beginning. I spent 15 mins walking around to find the front door (a dodgy plaque is all that signifies this place). Then got into tiny shaky lift. Reception is as welcoming as the Bangkok Hilton. When the websites includes "paintings" as an amenity and feature, you know you're in trouble! The room wasn't clean and not welcoming. Dirty bed covers, awful TV reception and not even a glass for some water (no tea or coffee either). Bathroom stank and breakfast was a cold coffee and some pre-packed biscuity thing with peach marmalade. Avoid this place at all costs. Luckily I was only there for one night, I would've slept in the park if I had to stay another night.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Value for money, service, cleanliness, everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Socorro New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2006

Never, ever stay at this place. It was booked for my first three nights in Rome. They were over-booked, but lied and said they had electrical problems. They sent me to a dump across town without a private bath or elevator. They did not pay for the taxi ride. The next night they failed to give me a necessary key, so I was locked out until 1 a.m. No one answers any phone numbers, even emergency ones. I was able to get to my room only when another couple arrived after dinner. They helped me search for the appropriate key. After all this, this horrible B&B gave me only a 10 Euro discount, and were rude at that. It is the worst service I've ever had in my many years of travel.

• Stayed May 2005
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2005

We recently went to Rome for a wedding and stayed in this doss-house!I nearly cried at the thought of hanging my beautiful dress for the wedding in the shabby old wardrobe! This is definitely NOT a hotel and is basically an apartment "converted" into a "hotel". We had to get drunk every night to go back to this place only to find the "night-porter" asleep in a sleeping bag inside the door!!We did look at the "brochure" that they had on the counter and pointed to the nice room on that asking to be moved to that room!We changed rooms on the second day but it was only marginally better...although compared to the first one it was the Hilton! What's worse is that our travel agent booked this!We had picked a hotel in a brochure that she showed us and then she discovered that it was cheaper to book the same hotel online, so she did...however, it was not the same hotel!! Be careful not to confuse this place with the Hotel Veneto!! All I can say is sleep in a car rather than in this place!

• Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2005

four 40 something women travelled to rome to see the sights (we had been before). Arrived at veneto suites at our quad room, which looked lovely on the internet site.The lift had no light in. The suite was absolutely disgusting, it was cold, dirty and smelt of damp.It was raining when we arrived + there was no heaters anywhere.Within minutes of arriving we were pested for all 1,000 euros we owed for the 5 nights.We had no quilts on the beds only thin sheets, the sheets had stains on them.Underneath the beds was thick of dust and rubbish. We were given thin towels, which we had to go + ask for new ones after 2 days. The dirty wet towels from ALL residents were stored in a red linin bag in the corridor which leaked onto the floor.The "breakfast" consited of cold coffee + a pre packaged crossant.We all recieved some kind of insect bites. The bathroom was disgusting with no ventilation + the shower leaked all over the floor.The room and bathroom were never cleaned, so absolutely stunk.Smoking was disallowed,probably because there was no smoke detectors.Also the balcony was unsafe as it moved and the window shutters were "plywood". My advice "give this a miss"

• Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2005

This is not a real hotel. This a dumpy apartment on the 5th floor of a building that someone turned into a hostile (at best). The pictures posted on expedia and elsewhere on the web are bogus. The guy at the front desk admitted as much and apologized profusely. See the pictures I just posted. That is the real hotel. We were scared to stay here and left an hour after arriving.

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

Just come back from a few days in very hot (37-40C) Rome, looked at the alpha via veneto suites on the website, thought it didn’t look too bad for the price and booked 3 nights! What a mistake we made! They have a cheek calling this place Suites! Should have been more like a sweat box! Arrived at a little door in a rough street with a plaque saying alpha via Veneto suites on 5th floor! Went up a very sad, old, smelly and tiny lift, to meet a scruffy reception desk with several doorways off the area, these were the rooms. Our room was very small, tired looking furniture, but I will say clean. It said air-conditioning on the website, but there was no air conditioning, we were told it was broken, but there wasn’t even a unit on the wall or any sign of a unit ever being there! We complained and were told we could get a room the following day that had air-con, but none became available. The poor lad on reception was even sweating with just a fan blowing around hot air, give him his due, he was helpful (and wasted at a dump like this) and said he didn’t blame us for not staying here, it was ridiculous in that type of heat to not have air-con! He got the Manager on the phone, who told me he would have a unit with us the following day, but there was no way we could spend another night of only 2 hours sleep, we couldn’t even open the double doors as the street was too busy and the noise would have kept us awake! Even if we had of slept we would have been woken up by the woman at 6:45am banging cups and pouring water in the percolator to make the breakfasts (a coffee and a croissant), which was just outside of our door! After some arguing and us threatening to contact the agents who we booked this through (Travellero), funnily enough he didn’t want us to do that, he eventually said we could get our money back the following day, for the 2 nights we had paid for! We left the hotel, feeling very relieved and happy to check-in to another hotel (which was v. expensive, but worth it!) and then started to enjoy our holiday in Rome! Got our money back eventually after 2 trips of going back to them!
Summary: If you want something fairly cheap (but 100 euros a night was way over the top, more like 50), that looks like a doss house and you don’t mind sweating then fine!

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Alpha Via Veneto Suite? Share your experiences!