“Misplaced reservation” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #444 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Misplaced reservation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Made a reservation in August, and when I showed up the day of the reservation, they had no record of the reservation in their system although they were able to pull it up on booking.com. I ended up having to pay an extra 80 Euro at another hotel for such a short notice room for one night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Conte House is an amazing hostel. The staff are really helpful and friendly and the hostel has all the facilities needed whilst travelling. Most importantly, the location is brilliant, with most historic sites just a 10-15 minute walk away. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Ioannina, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere , nice rooms and the stuff is very helpful !
not to mention the breakfast that was really nice also and we could eat very well so we can go sightseeing later with our stomachs full ! the people working there helped a lot with info about the city when necessary and by recommending cool bars to see the way people party there and restaurants to try the local dishes .
I think it was a unique experience and i will definitely stay in the same hostel when i visit again Rome in the future !

Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

That was really amazing :) Emanuel, he is so kind and helpful... You can ask everything to him and you'll see exactly hospitally. If you're looking somewhere that's relax and not crowded, here is true way :))

Room Tip: there are already 5-6 rooms :) small but excellent :) they're so friendly..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
La Canada Flintridge, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was nervous about visiting Italy since I had been pickpocketed and had my hostel room ransacked in previous years. This hostel immediately made me feel safe and comfortable. The staff was always going out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home. As soon as I arrived, they handed me a cold bottle of water free of charge. I arrived at breakfast a little late one morning, but they let me have whatever food was leftover and asked if I wanted more. They were always fun to talk to, recommended great places to eat or visit, and were available for any need. The hostel itself was cozy and clean. The internet and power shut down several times in one evening, which was a little annoying, but the staff always responded within the minute to fix it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the main floor (where you will be checking in) because that's the only plac...

Randers, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Great central location, just 15min walk to colosseum. Nice host, ok wifi, but connection best in kitchen where there is also a stationary pc (with internet) you can use. Facilities are great, we had a shower but others had bathtub. Great room with aircon (although noisy-remember earplugs if you are a light sleeper or come at a colder period ;) ) Restaurant close by that is ReAlly cheap and really good-ask your host!

Bethany, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed three days at Conte House last week (late July 2013) and had a great experience. The service was very good, the room was very clean and the extras were fantastic. I was impressed with how helpful the staff were with all my enquiries. The breakfast was very generous and delicious. I liked that there was a full bathroom for every room. When I asked where to buy a transformer/charger the staff member actually found one in their store room and lent me one. The location allowed me to walk to all my destinations and there were many nice stores in the area for food and other shopping.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Conte House I? Share your experiences!