“Great place to stay! Super friendly staff and nice clean rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Conte House I
191 Via Merulana, 00185 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #441 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to stay! Super friendly staff and nice clean rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

A great location about 10 mins walking distance to the Colosseum.
The owner, Fabio, treated us like friends and was extremely helpful and welcoming!
He gave us some great tips on where to buy things cheaper than in the typical tourist locations, including a supermarket just down the street that has everything you need including alcohol.
This was our best hotel experience out of the 5 different hotels we stayed at during our trip throughout Italy. Good breakfast including meat and cheese, coffee, orange juice, etc. There were also some good little restaurants very close by that had decent food at good prices. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back soon (I hope)!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

The owner of this place has recently changed. A new owner Fabio is friendly, helpful and speaks good English. The service is good. Everything that was advertised was indeed delivered. Overall, we had a good experience in this bed-and-breakfast - a nice change from a 4-star hotel in Rome where nothing worked and an access to the Internet costed around 5 Euros per hour!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Contehouse, Direttore at Conte House I, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And our commitment to make the holiday enjoyable was awarded. Thanks again for time dedicated to write a comment. I still hope to have you as our guest.
greetings
Fabio

Been to Conte House I? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Conte House I

Address: 191 Via Merulana, 00185 Rome, Italy
Location: Italy > Lazio > Rome
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Airport Transportation
#64 Best Value Hotel in Rome
The Conte House is the ideal choice for you to get the most out of your trip to Rome. We aim to welcome you, assist you and keep you safe so you can enjoy all the marvels of this historic city. Our hostel features: Free Wi-Fi,breakfast included, privates bathroom, guest kitchen and free luggage storage.The Conte House is within walking distance of all of Romans most famous landmarks: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, Campidoglio, Santa Maria Maggiore...are just in a five/ten minutes walking distance! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Conte House I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Conte House i Hotel Rome
Conte Hotel Rome

If you own or manage Conte House I, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.