“Not for families or Americans who know better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Rose Bed and Breakfast

Blue Rose Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blue Rose Bed and Breakfast
You added Blue Rose Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Via Principe Umberto 35, 00184 Rome, Italy (Esquilino / Termini)   |
Ranked #2,031 of 2,893 Rome B&B and Inns
San Antonio
“Not for families or Americans who know better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The apt. is ok, kind of cold and the mattress in the middle room was like barbed wire wrapped around hay. It left a bruise in my back. I had lost my luggage and when it was delivered in the afternoon while I was napping the maid put it in a clost . My friends discovered it about 9 hours later when they happened to open the closet. THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS QUITE DISGUSTING . It is an immigrant neighborhood, mostly Asian and African. No good places to walk to or shop. I was grabbed as I walked down the street by two African men. The train station is close and it is dirty and stinks. I dont know why anyone would stay here unless they thought it was the cheapest thing they could find. Like I said the apt. is ok but the neighborhood sucks.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We ended up at the Blue Rose because we'd made a mistake with another hotel, and were very grateful just to have a place to sleep. Trouble was--we hardly slept! The bed was perhaps the most uncomfortable bed I've ever tried to sleep in. And breakfast? It was just some packaged pastry left in the kitchen. This place is not staffed, and the woman who checked us in spoke almost no English, so she basically just handed us a key to the building and disappeared. Other notes: not a great neighborhood, no alarm clock (typical...but still)...and there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. Cheap--but I don't recommend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

This Bed and Breakfast is located in a very poor neighborhood. We certainly did not feel comfortable walking around at night. The woman owner was extremely rude. Be prepared to share kitchen and possible bath with strangers. For $130 euros it was not worth it. We went down the road to a nice hotel with a full breakfast, closer to the station and in a better neighborhood for 145 euros, complete with a/c and a working elevator.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

Didn't know what to expect when booking this apartment. But found it excellent for our needs. I don't think I would like to go there and share it with strangers. But for my friends and I it was first rate as we had the place to our selves. I agree with the earlier comments the lady who ran it was a sweet lady, I suspect a real BABE! in her day.Some people see cheap then wine when they don't get Five star service in life you nearly always get what you pay for. For me it was an excellent stay in a beautiful building in a bit of a run down area ?????We shall return.

• Liked — Beautiful building with everthing I needed
  • Disliked — Everything was fine no complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

This B and B is not in a good part of town. Though close to the Termini we did not feel safe walking around this area at night. Little hot water for you to bathe in especially if you're not the first one in. Don't mean to give such a bad review to these owners but we could not believe someone recommended this place and we could not wait to leave!!

Stayed October 2006
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

Date; 16 September 2007
Reviewer: A tripadvisor member, Singapore

We have just returned from a five day stay in Rome. We stayed at the bluerose b/b. We were welcomed by the very nice Italian lady owner, who cheerfully waved at us from the window of her b/b. It was a very welcoming sight for us, weary travellers, who had been trollying our luggages from termini station.

For the price we paid, 360 euros for four nights for a family of 3, it was a bargain. Though some of the furnishing looked old, the room was well decorated, spacious, charming and had an airconditioner which worked quite well. The bathroom was huge and the hot water was adequate. The bed collapsed in the middle of the night but the owner was so kind as to replace the bed immediately.

Breakfast was self-service and simple, croissants with jam, butter, tea/coffee bags, and fruit juice. If you are the sort who need to start off the day with a heavier breakfast, it is recommended that you buy your own sausages, etc from the supermarket near the termini;. Light cooking is allowed.

The negative side is that if all the rooms are occupied, you may have to take turns eating in the kitchen, as there is only one breakfast table with four seats. The kitchen utensils are pretty old, but still in working condition.

The owner does not stay on the premises. She will check you in and for checking out, all you need to to is to leave your keys in your room door. It is all a matter of trust. No credit card payment but full cash payment on checking in.

It is actually like having your own apartment and sharing with other guests. We felt very safe indoors as the security inside is good. As for the area, it is quite seedy but one gets used to it. You have to come back early in the night as it is not very safe to be out in that area later in the night. Other than that we had no problems.

For the price we paid, we were very satisfied. If safety and security is one of your major concerns, it may be better to stay near the tourist attractions, e.g piazza navona, spanish steps, etc but one has to pay a higher price of course.

Stayed September 2007
oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

Our first night in Italy (my first in Europe).

My daughter and her friend got there before us, and weren't allowed to leave their luggage there for the hour before we got there.

There was NO air conditioning. There were 2 air conditioners in each sleeping room, which were running because we could hear them, but there was no cool air coming from them.

It was 29 degrees (C); 85 degrees (F) all night - miserable!

The next day we asked if we could leave our packed luggage there while we went to see some sights (an hour or two).

The nice Italian lady said we could - for some money. They when we tried to pay her for leaving our luggage, she said no, we would have to leave and take our luggage.

Nice intro to Italy!

• Liked — we were only there one night
  • Disliked — hot as hades all night
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Blue Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!