“Nice hotel in good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Sunrise Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Cilento 3 | Montesacro, 141 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #658 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Hannover, Germany
“Nice hotel in good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights during our trip to Rome. Although we had some trouble to move into the room due to water damage at first, a solution to this problem was found quickly. The staff was friendly, our room and bathroom were clean and the breakfast buffet was satisfying. There was a jacuzzi, too, but unfortunately it was closed because of bad weather. You can find a small supermarket, a pharmacy and a bus station (connection to city center) very closely located. If I ever come back to Rome, I’d definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were lovely. Best of all was the Jacuzzi on the roof, it was lovely to hop in after a long walk around Rome in the heat. The surrounding area is very quite as it is about 15 minutes away from the city center but the upside to that is there is a brilliant bus service right outside the hotel that brings you directly into the center, it lets you off at the Termini station. Would stay here again, lovely place

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed there for a week.
The staff at the register desk were very nice, smiling and helpful.
They speak English very well, we had no communication problems even
though we don't speak Italian. They even helped us to organise a trip
to Tivoli, checked the train schedule and printed it for us.

The room was clean, quiet and spacious enough. Cleaning staff did
their job perfectly every day. Big bathroom with a tub. (A little bit
of mould on the ceiling, but nothing really problematic.) New
furniture. Adjustable AC. The bed was extremely large but the pillows
and mattress were way too soft for us. (It may be an advantage for
some people though...) Breakfast was average, nothing special but
nothing bad. Neighbourhood is not luxurious but safe and nice. Public
transport to the city centre (buses and subway) is rather fast and
close to the hotel. 3 minutes to the bus stop and 25-35 minutes to the
centre. Hotel's internet connection is only useful when you want to check
your mailbox. (It's quite slow and you need to login every 15 minutes
or so.)

We would stay there one more time if we visited Rome again :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cesky Krumlov
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were really satisfied with our choice. Price was more than reasonable and we got so much for it: quiet location in a residential area, a comfortable and always clean room, very good staff, AC... We could reach Termini Station in less than half an hour. Buses were going frequently and we did not have to wait for more that ten minutes. We stayed for six days there and we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here for a four nights while on vacation in Rome in June. I choose this hotel from a discount website because my trip to Roma was a last minute decision so I needed something comfortable and affordable.

To my surprise it was further out from the city center than I had figured. (I let the discount website know they needed to revise their map). I wasn't worried about getting here from Roma's main attractions since I was willing to bus to things I wanted. But even better was that I discovered a new metro stop had opened days before my stay. It was an easy 10min walk from the hotel to the closest metro station.

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, but the single accommodations were tight given the "star" rating assigned. What troubled me was the poor comfort level of the bed. After days of being out and about in this busy city in the hot summer sun and on foot, i really wanted a nice restful sleep. Unfortunately, the bed mattress was uncomfortable and did not provide that.

Other amenities were fine. The hot tub on the roof is not that much of summer attraction, but I did sit rooftop one day and enjoy some sunbathing.

The breakfast food was good and plentiful and they even had pretty good coffee from an automatic coffee maker. The staff there too was nice. It was a well appointed dining room and clean.

The neighborhood was fine. Nice small places to eat, get coffee and have a nice meal. Knowing some Italian in this neighborhood is important.

I liked staying here, it was a quiet and nice hotel, but I might want to be closer to city center next time.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room for a little city view. Take advantage of their free breakfast to save a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is located away from the main downtown area, however, not to difficult to take a bus. The bus is mostly crowded and you have to push your way in and out. I was travelling with my husband and the first couple of nights were given an extremely small but cute room. As we were travelling with two medium size suitcases we had to put one on top of the other in the room as there was not enough room to lay them side by side. Since our stay was for one week I asked to be move to another room as this room was really too small for two people. We were moved after two days to a much larger room. Breakfast was served buffet style and always plenty to eat. Hotel staff recommended a couple of restaurants close by. These restaurants were quite good, however, we did have a couple of surprises when we received our meals probably due to the communication barrier we didn't get what we thought we ordered. There is a series of 34 steps up from the main street to the hotel, unless you approach the hotel from a back street which isn't as convenient when walking. The hotel was clean and comfortable in what I would describe as a residential area of Rome. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here with my partner when could not find anything near the town within budget. Had read much about convenient bus route that takes you to the termini (Central Station) within 10-15 minutes and took the plunge. The buses are plentiful and reaching the center isn't inconvenient at all, though there is a good flight of stairs to the hotel. (There must be another way to reach though the stairs are very apparent and I saw most others use them too). A slight problem if you have lots of luggage.

The rooms are fresh and the hotel is clean. Breakfast wasn't much to boast of, usual selection of bread, eggs, bacon, cheeses, cornflakes etc. If you aren't expecting a grand buffet, you shall not be disappointed. They mention a Jacuzzi though for all practical purposes, assume this hotel does not have one. It's a very decent place to spend the night while the day is spent at the city center. I didn't regret staying here one bit.

Room Tip: You can get a day travel pass from the Tabacchi right at the corner of the hotel (6 odd Euros). Pass...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunrise Hotel? Share your experiences!