If you're only in Rome for a short while (4 days or so) and you want to save money and stay in a clean safe place, then the Paradise Pension may suit you.
When looking for a place to stay in Rome at an affordable price, it was a challenge to find something in a good location.
Paradise Pension is in a great location. The neighbourhood itself always felt safe and has a good mix of residential and shops. In addition, the Metro is located about 3 doors away, however we ended up walking to all attractions from the Pension.
To get this kind of deal, there are some compromises, but overall, we were satisfied with our choice.
- Great neighbourhood and location
- Very secure building (3 locks / doors to get to your room and always someone on staff)
- Clean room wih nice spartan decor
- Flat scrn TV
- Water temp/pressure good
- Fairly sound-prood (except for street noise)
- Free WIFI (some reception problems)
- Friendly staff
The not as good
- Room got warm.....fan compensated. OK for September, but imagine it could get ubearable for some people in summer.
- Compact bathroom - don't drop soap in shower....not much room to bend over
- No breakfast.....however I did manage to get some take out at the (very good) corner store, although take-out doesn't seem to be the norm in Italy.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.