“More than your money's worth!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pensionato San Paolo

Pensionato San Paolo
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Pensionato San Paolo
You added Pensionato San Paolo to your Saves list
Viale F. Baldelli 41, 146 Rome, Italy (Ostiense)   |
Ranked #965 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Lausanne, Switzerland
“More than your money's worth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This was our second trip to Rome, and we decided to stay in Pensionato San Paolo for the second time.
The staff is nice and helpful, rooms are clean and big enough for two. It's only a few metro stops away from downtown and is located in a safe area. Metro stop is less than 5 minutes away on foot (200m - 600ft.).

I'd highly recommend you stay there.

Staff also speaks a variety of languages, among which are Italian, French, English and German

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I spent one night at the Pensionato San Paolo, travelling alone on a business trip. I chose this place just because I was arriving late at night and leaving early in the morning, and it was close to the place I had to go to and to an underground station (which is a plus in Rome).
Room and bathroom were small but not tiny, both with a nice window. However, the room was stinking so much that I couldn't sleep: the old carpet smelled of smoke or something like that, and I couldn't breathe. The problem was that you couldn't leave the windows open as there is a huge terrace connecting all the rooms, so anybody could enter.
Besides, the bathroom needs a radical renovation and the shower box was so small that I had troubles washing myself (and I'm a young woman, short and thin).
Breakfast was not as bad as I expected after such a night, but if you want an espresso and a croissant you have to pay for them and since in Italy everybody drinks espresso rather than American coffee, it's a bit unfair to me.
I wouldn't go back to this hotel. I'm sure you can find something better for the same price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Pensionato San Paolo? Share your experiences!