“Design over function - everywhere” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma

You added Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma to your Saves list
Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Filippo Turati 171 | (Esquilino/Termini), 00185 Rome, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #519 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Design over function - everywhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for four nights on points and had booked a club room. Upon arriving we noticed how modern the design of the hotel was (on further inspection it was not quite as nice as it looked).

We got a small suite (basically a room with an extended sitting area) which we initially really liked. But the problems with the room were really quite annoying:
- No windows to open, AC set to Heat, no way to get fresh air into the room or make it cooler (December this year was unseasonably warm).
- The shower is a complete disaster. Whoever designed that needs to resign from designing things. There is a tub with a rain fall shower head. Unfortunately the shower head is in the middle of the shower - and the glass partition also only goes to the middle of the shower. Most water ends up on the wood around the tub - and then flows around the tub to where the partition ends and flows straight onto he floor... Absurd.
- There are almost no outlets in the room. One was hidden behind and ironing board, we found another one in a drawer below the sink and a third one by unplugging the (non-functioning) Nespresso Machine. When traveling as a couple with two iPads, two iPhones and two camera batteries to charge every night that is a problem... Maybe a power strip would help...
- The noise, oh the noise. During our first two nights there was shouting and screaming in the hallways at various times during the night. I was this close to bursting out of the room and yell at those people (maybe I should have).

Positives:
- The bed was good
- Breakfast was good as well
- Easy to get to from the train station (even though that platform 24 is a looooong platform to walk with baggage).
- If you are fine with walking you can reach almost all of Rome on foot. 20 mins to the Colosseum, 5 mins to the next Metro station. And pretty much no more than 2.5 miles from any point of interest in Rome. We usually took the Metro in the morning and then ended up walking back to the hotel at night (and yes, we did walk about 12 miles every day).

Bottom line: Even though it was a free stay I'm not sure I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard - the windows open in those rooms (unlike the rooms facing the t...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Out of the Radisson hotels we have stayed at over the last year in 17 different countries, this Radisson in Rome is absolutely the worst facility ever! This hotel has tried to take an old failing facility and add glitz and glitter in the most common areas to give the allusion of a modern building. To be even more convincing, they keep everything very very low lit so you can't see how awful it genuinely is. I had to use my cell phone for light while trying to print off our plane tickets to just see what I was typing...and the computer is maybe 15 feet from the main lobby desk. To add even more frustration, the printer would not work so we couldn't get our boarding passes after all. To say the room(s) were terrible is an understatement. Our window faced the train area, which has much street lighting, and with only sheers for curtains, it was like trying to sleep in broad daylight...so no sleep for Night 1. The shower had such a faulty design that most of the water went on the floor instead of down the drain. We had to use all the towels to soak up the water so we could walk to the toilet! We called for a clothes iron at 7 am and they said we could not have one until after 10 am.....so we left for our city tours in clothes that looked completely embarrassing. We complained and asked for a new room...which we got, but was still like being in a dark dim lit cave.....BUT the shower was at least useable. However, this room faced the afternoon sun, and the HVAC system had been turned to heat only....so there was no way to cool off the room....not even a fan. At one point we measured the room temperature to be 80 F and it just would not cool off even with the window open at night. So no sleep for miserable Night 2. The only saving grace for this Radisson was Monia at the front desk. Monia TRULY tried to be of help in any way she could. It is just unfortunate that she doesn't have much to work with in this substandard facility. The owners of this facility should bite the bullet and either spend the money to truly bring this building up to current standards OR level it and start over.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,
I'm terribly sorry for the issues you experienced.
It's a give that you didn't like our design rooms and probably you need a more classical one.
Regarding the iron board I will ask to the housekeeping why they were so in late.
Thank you for the good compliments about my staff of the front office and for the suggestion.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed 4 nights and really enjoyed the hotel. Quick check in. Nice room - overlooking the railway station, but as the room was on the 5th floor i was not that much bothered by the noise of the trains.
I guess however that the hotel will problems with waterdamage. To shower in the bathtub means a lot of water splashes outside the tub and remains on the wooden surface around the tub. The water does not run back into to tub - but on the floor where there is no drainage.
Its a beautiful bathroomarea - but not very practical.
Breakfast buffet on 7th floor = brilliant. Great variety of food.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am happy that you appreciated the stay despite the issues.
Looking forward to welcome you again

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel for four nights as a group. The hotel is very modern and the room is uncomfortable if you are not a couple and very dark.The noise from the train station is heard through all the day. It was December and you can only turn on the heat and not the air condition but it was warm so you open the window and there is the noise. Dining room on the seventh floor was very pleasant but the room was so dark you could not see what you are eating. I think that the stuff was given instructions to behave rudely to the groups. The biggest problem of the hotel is the location. It takes 15 minutes to walk from the bus or the train to the hotel in a surrounding that you really don't want to walk at night.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the train station
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
thanks for your review and I apologize if the stay has not been in line with your expectations.
The location of the hotel is near the main trasportation: the metro line A is 200 mt., at the exit of the hotel there is a terminus of the bus which takes you in the centre of the city. And crossing the street you enter in the main railway station. The instructions of my staff are the same for every guest: they have to smile and help every single person, it doesn't matter if is a guest is here for business or individual or in group. I am sorry that you felt so unhappy with this.
Thank you for appreciating our seventh floor and the romantic atmosphere - it is quite candle lighted by night.
I wish you a pleasant return

manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Firstly, the good points - The Hotel Is very close to all things required in particular the train station and sites.

Our room was kept clean every day and the hotel staff were constantly cleaning

Our room although strange having a shower directly behind the bed as stated in ealier posts was warm and bed comfortable

View from restaurant and bar to die for,

Food very good

Unfortunatly, now for the bad -

Some staff very, very friendly and operate at a service level as expected from a five start hotel.

Others down right rude - my wife and I stayed in the hotel at night as surrounding area gets quite rough from six pm onwards, so would order drinks at the bar some staff would say hello greet us as old friends and immediatly get our drinks and take our food orders, other seemed to deem it as beneath them and we could wait upto 30 minutes waiting for drinks we had ordered walking throught the door whilst they stood chatting to their colleagues. This happened in particualr this morning which was our last day and spoilt things as no one wants to leave on a sour note.

The other problem for me is the rooms and hotel seem to be catered more around the conference / business customers and not couples on a break as my wife and I were. The distinct lack of two chairs in the room did make for uncomfortable living at times but hey were British and make do but apart from this minor niggle and the service issues overall a very, very good hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time of this review and for the positive experience you are sharing with us.
I do apologize for the behaviour of my staff but I am sure they didn't want to waste your time.
We do care about all our guests, business and leisure because thi is our daily mission and the choice of our life.
We hope to host you again

Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Its designed is quite modern style. Inside the room, you will find the design of bathing zone is different from others. It is just right behind the bed. However, I felt slightly cold while taking the bath because the air was flowing on top of the area.

The breakfast is held at the highest floor where you can have a wonderful view for certain area of the city. There is an indoor and outdoor section for your meal. The train station is just next to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you for this review.
It has been a pleasure to host you
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is extremely modern and nice on the inside! I was immediately greeted by friendly front desk staff. I was so impressed by the accommodations in the room, loved the modern design of the hotel room. Location of the hotel is 5-10 minute walk to Termini Roma, which is a main hub of transport through Rome! The surrounding area is a little on the slummy side but I never felt unsafe walking around. Great breakfast offered, with plenty of selection and coffee made to order. Hotel even let me charge all my electronics and lounge around after I picked my luggage up and waited for the train to Venice. Thank you for a lovely stay, Radisson Blu! I would recommend to anyone, especially the younger travelers.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking the time of this review.
I'm happy to know that you felt good in our property and you appreciated the service staff and the location as well.
We hope to welcome you again

Gianluca Capone

Been to Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma? Share your experiences!