We stayed here for four nights on points and had booked a club room. Upon arriving we noticed how modern the design of the hotel was (on further inspection it was not quite as nice as it looked).
We got a small suite (basically a room with an extended sitting area) which we initially really liked. But the problems with the room were really quite annoying:
- No windows to open, AC set to Heat, no way to get fresh air into the room or make it cooler (December this year was unseasonably warm).
- The shower is a complete disaster. Whoever designed that needs to resign from designing things. There is a tub with a rain fall shower head. Unfortunately the shower head is in the middle of the shower - and the glass partition also only goes to the middle of the shower. Most water ends up on the wood around the tub - and then flows around the tub to where the partition ends and flows straight onto he floor... Absurd.
- There are almost no outlets in the room. One was hidden behind and ironing board, we found another one in a drawer below the sink and a third one by unplugging the (non-functioning) Nespresso Machine. When traveling as a couple with two iPads, two iPhones and two camera batteries to charge every night that is a problem... Maybe a power strip would help...
- The noise, oh the noise. During our first two nights there was shouting and screaming in the hallways at various times during the night. I was this close to bursting out of the room and yell at those people (maybe I should have).
- The bed was good
- Breakfast was good as well
- Easy to get to from the train station (even though that platform 24 is a looooong platform to walk with baggage).
- If you are fine with walking you can reach almost all of Rome on foot. 20 mins to the Colosseum, 5 mins to the next Metro station. And pretty much no more than 2.5 miles from any point of interest in Rome. We usually took the Metro in the morning and then ended up walking back to the hotel at night (and yes, we did walk about 12 miles every day).
Bottom line: Even though it was a free stay I'm not sure I would stay there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel Rome
- Radisson Rome
- Radisson Sas Rome
- Rome Radisson