“Nice Hotel Shame About Some Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma

You added Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma to your Saves list
Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Filippo Turati 171 | (Esquilino/Termini), 00185 Rome, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #518 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
manchester
“Nice Hotel Shame About Some Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Firstly, the good points - The Hotel Is very close to all things required in particular the train station and sites.

Our room was kept clean every day and the hotel staff were constantly cleaning

Our room although strange having a shower directly behind the bed as stated in ealier posts was warm and bed comfortable

View from restaurant and bar to die for,

Food very good

Unfortunatly, now for the bad -

Some staff very, very friendly and operate at a service level as expected from a five start hotel.

Others down right rude - my wife and I stayed in the hotel at night as surrounding area gets quite rough from six pm onwards, so would order drinks at the bar some staff would say hello greet us as old friends and immediatly get our drinks and take our food orders, other seemed to deem it as beneath them and we could wait upto 30 minutes waiting for drinks we had ordered walking throught the door whilst they stood chatting to their colleagues. This happened in particualr this morning which was our last day and spoilt things as no one wants to leave on a sour note.

The other problem for me is the rooms and hotel seem to be catered more around the conference / business customers and not couples on a break as my wife and I were. The distinct lack of two chairs in the room did make for uncomfortable living at times but hey were British and make do but apart from this minor niggle and the service issues overall a very, very good hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time of this review and for the positive experience you are sharing with us.
I do apologize for the behaviour of my staff but I am sure they didn't want to waste your time.
We do care about all our guests, business and leisure because thi is our daily mission and the choice of our life.
We hope to host you again

Gianluca Capone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Its designed is quite modern style. Inside the room, you will find the design of bathing zone is different from others. It is just right behind the bed. However, I felt slightly cold while taking the bath because the air was flowing on top of the area.

The breakfast is held at the highest floor where you can have a wonderful view for certain area of the city. There is an indoor and outdoor section for your meal. The train station is just next to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you for this review.
It has been a pleasure to host you
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is extremely modern and nice on the inside! I was immediately greeted by friendly front desk staff. I was so impressed by the accommodations in the room, loved the modern design of the hotel room. Location of the hotel is 5-10 minute walk to Termini Roma, which is a main hub of transport through Rome! The surrounding area is a little on the slummy side but I never felt unsafe walking around. Great breakfast offered, with plenty of selection and coffee made to order. Hotel even let me charge all my electronics and lounge around after I picked my luggage up and waited for the train to Venice. Thank you for a lovely stay, Radisson Blu! I would recommend to anyone, especially the younger travelers.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking the time of this review.
I'm happy to know that you felt good in our property and you appreciated the service staff and the location as well.
We hope to welcome you again

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Slept here two nights in a suite for extra bed. Got badly bitten by what unknown ... bed had no mattress protector needs stars downgrading based on this experience. Hotel did wave some charges due to this when i advised them the room needed looking at. so credit for that.. but would rather have paid and not been bitten ! Not really value for money im sure you could get much nicer in rome for same money.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,
thank you for your feedback.
I asked to my staff if they have had any complaints during your stay but no one was able to inform me about. So I'm not able to check. But for your information we constantly conduct pest control in all the area of the hotel, according to the Italian law.
Regarding the cleaness of the rooms, I assure you that the staff is very professional but I do apologize if your expactations were different and I am sorry for your issues.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here the first week of December 2014 with our 10 month old son and had an enjoyable stay.

The hotel is very close to the main train station this has access to both the metro lines too so discovering the city is very easy.

The reception areas is bright and attractive and the breakfast which is advertised as 'continental' which we all know can mean anything was a very welcome surprise, there was a great variety and all food was fresh and plentiful...there was even prosecco!!

The rooms though fine were a little tired, we had an incident that could have been a lot more serious, staff were extremely polite and helpful, they dealt with the situation well and we were upgraded to a suite - thus was a lovely gesture and we were extremely grateful for the extra space however if we had paid for the room we would have been disappointed, taps leaked, switches everywhere that did nothing, a Jacuzzi bath that didn't work whilst there was water in it but spontaneously went off once it was empty and cracks in the balcony doors.

We booked this hotel as part of a BA package and for what we paid it was more than adequate and we were very pleased with the service - it just needs a little bit of TLC to make it really nice.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,
thank you for your review.
I was informed about the problem in your room and I knwow that my manager on duty helped you to have a more comfy stay. Thank you for appreciating it.
Thanks for the compliments about the breakfast as well
We hope to welcome you soon

Generla Manager
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

An interesting little hotel close to the railway station. I had a room wuith a shower and curtain inside the room so it felt quite boutique like. I was on the side facing the railway station first night and was a bit noisy but they moved me for the rest of my stay. There is excellent wifi reception in the rooms. Breakfast is in the restaurant on the top floor with nice views of the pool, would be good in summer. The breakfast selection is very good and fresh coffee can be ordered.
Not so may restaurants o bars nearby, though we did find one. I think room rates very so price can be good for room depends on demand I suppose.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from railway station are quiet
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
thank you for choosing our hotel.
We suggest you to come back in the summer months to enjoy our seventh floor with the fabuolous rooftop swimming pool.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Two great qualities: location (subway and Termini Station) and a very nice service, with awesome pool roof with a great view. I just didn't gave 5-star because internet service is troublesome and too slow. Definetely need an speed upgrade, because when you're here you'll need it for work and call family.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Douglas,
thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry for the issue and I know there have been some problem with the server during last week.
Usually our wifi works properly and it is always free for the guests.
We hope to welcome you again soon

Gianluca Capone

Been to Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma? Share your experiences!