“Declining over the years” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Empire Palace Hotel

You added Empire Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Empire Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Aureliana 39 | Centre - Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Ranked #264 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Anthem, Arizona
“Declining over the years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Good: location, breakfast, courtyard

Bad: staff attitude(apart from breakfast staff), dinner, rooms

This was our third stay here over a period of 7 years and each time the overall experience was a little worse. There was also no recognition of a returning guest at check in. Not a big deal but would have been nice.

We booked a deluxe room direct with the hotel through their website and took advantage of the discount for three nights. Our first room was frankly pretty awful; smell of damp in the bathroom, dreary lighting, and a weird shower which duly flooded the bathroom floor on first use. In fairness we were swiftly and smoothly moved to another much better room with a delightful separate seating area on a corner with lovely light. This room was also showing its age as you would expect but was fine with us.

We ate in the bar/restaurant the first evening and while the food was good the staff were quite abrupt and rude ('of course there is no whole grain bread and no you can't have the soup on the room service menu in here!'). I would not recommend eating in here. There are much better options within walking distance of the hotel, including a great ice cream option round the corner.

Breakfast is a highlight and not to be missed. Lovely buffet and delightful, helpful staff.

It was unusually cold in Rome when we were there and when I tried to get some heat in our room I was told by reception that it was turned off for the summer 'by law' . Really?? We did survive with extra blankets.

All in all a disappointing stay, not a four star hotel any more, and I'm afraid we'll be finding an alternative in the future.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
ramia1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Just got here. Will write a review in a few days. I think irs a little too soon to ask ine to review the hotel upon arrival and then ask for 200 characters as well. Nonsense! !!! Keep hghhvh h dvhdhbdhdbb hbdivivivid iviviviviv ivivivuvuviv ivivivivivigigiggiviviv kviviviviviviviviguviviv ivivivi

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Genoa, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed 2 nights. IV floor. +240 €/day
Pros: strategic position near Termini station and Via Veneto, nice bed linen & towels and toilet consumables (Etro); huge king bed. Kind receptionist.
Cons: used bathroom with lime/scale signs, shower unstable and impossible to use correctly without having entire bathroom flooded. Electric plugs unstable and not functioning.

Room Tip: ask for shower only, no tub
New Boston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The empire Palace is very conviniently located, only a ten minute walk from two metro stations and near many bus routes. For a city hotel it is quiet. Many good and different places to eat are very near. The staff is extremely friendly. I rented a Jr. Suite and it was marvelous. I have nothing but praise for this hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel aside my interaction with the staff, specifically the man who works in the mornings. He is extremely rude and unfriendly. When I thanked him for the stay when I left, he just looked at me with a blank stare and said nothing back. He also overcharged me for the waters I took from the mini bar, which I did not reHalize until I had already left. He gave off such an unwelcoming vibe. Why he works in customer service in hospitality is beyond me. Other than that, the hotel is pretty nice. Nothing spectacular. The rooms were comfortable and it's in a good location. I would book elsewhere next trip.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 10 days. The first room that we had was cold and we had separate beds!)) We changed the room otherwise we were going to change the hotel. It is not bad for four star hotel. But wi-fi didn't work there even in a lounge zone ((
Breakfast was good and there are many restaurants around hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. They were very helpful when the printer in the business center was not working properly and I needed to print up some very important documents. The rooms were adequate and clean. They were about as spacious as advertised. If I were to return to Rome this would be on my list of hotels to look for but....I will never return to Rome! Who wants to come to a city were I am constantly being told to be aware of thieves? And I don't want to hear the excuse every large city has crime because I live and have lived in Manhattan, NY for over 10 years now and have never had any problems. My purse was stolen in broad daylight in a very crowed restaurant while on lookers did nothing when it was clearly in their sight. I don't know of to many places where such classless disregard for others exist. It is truly unfathomable to think that the same situation would happen in America or in any other country that has an iota of morality. I have traveled to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Russia, and all over South America and never felt so unsettled. If you are trying to choose between Rome and anywhere else to visit...choose anywhere else..it will be better!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Empire Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!