Like the other reviews, the location was very good to many sights. About a 10-minute walk to the train station and most of our tours (Colosseum, ancient Rome, National Museum of Rome, Baths of Diocletian, Santa Prassede, Santa Maria Maggiore, Capitoline Museum, Trajan's Column, and Top Bike Rental tour), although with the oppressive heat and always an incline for half the walk, it wasn't always easy. Quick walk to the metro's blue line. We had to take public transportation to Galleria Borghese, Vatican, and Rick Steves' "Heart of Rome" walk. (FYI: While the metros are easy to negotiate, the bus system had us scratching our heads!) Rooms were clean and comfortable enough. The shower was too small, about 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet. Breakfast was a croissant, 2 pre-packaged slices of toast (which we found strange!), a hard-boiled egg, a yogurt, coffee and juice. As there is no lobby, Lorenzo, the host, delivered breakfast to each of the 6 rooms at a pre-arranged time. Every day we would stop at the desk and get directions and advice from Lorenzo to help us reach our destination and get restaurant suggestions. He went above and beyond to help us out and the nicest host you can imagine. However, a couple things were not so great. First, payment is cash only. As Rome was the third of 5 cities we were visiting in Europe, I did not like carrying all that cash with me for 10 days before I got to the hotel. Second, the location of the hotel itself is confusing. Nowhere on the exterior is there a sign for Downtown Accomocation. We had the address, were able to walk into the nondescript building (although usually locked), took an elevator up looking for a hotel sign but didn't see one. I believe because of the video cameras on the first floor, Lorenzo was able to see me searching for the hotel within the building, which was labeled with a different hotel name above the door. Third, the hotel occasionally smelled like cigarette smoke at the reception desk area, although our room did not smell. Also, towels were very small. Even with these inconveniences, you can't beat the location and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B&B Downtown Accomodation is a great value, comfortable, friendly and safe accommodation next to the Coliseum and the Roman Forum. From the place you can reach the Colosseum and the Roman Forum in less than a two-minute walk. Thanks to its enviable position Downtown Accomodation provides the ideal place in the heart of the eternal city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Priceline, Budget Places and HostelBookers so you can book your Rome Downtown Accomodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Downtown Accomodation Hotel Rome
- Downtown Accomodation Rome
- Downtown Accomodation Hotel Rome