We had 4 days in Rome and stayed here for the duration of our trip. It is very close to the Vatican, which is a nice area but gets extremely busy. There is a secure front door which is nice as it means at night you feel a little more safe and closed in. At night the area goes very quiet and everything along the main road closes up, so if you want to go and eat you have to wonder a little down the side streets. There are plenty of places though- not all good so pick carefully.
The rooms were not that big, and the bathroom was ok- it had a shower vs a bath so that was the main thing, probably bigger than average for Rome. Comfy beds and pillows, and Wifi available in the rooms free of charge. Breakfast is served in the mornings in the main room, with lots of choice and free seating. At night the garden is lit up and you can have dinner or drinks out there which is a romantic setting. I would suggest having drinks only as the meal we had was not very good, and they were very limited in what they could supply as they didn't have some of the ingredients so our pizza was very basic.
The staff are helpful and always smiling which is nice, especially when you have lots of questions about the sites like we did! We were offered tickets for an audience with the Pope for the weekly Wednesday morning, if you would like to go I suggest you go very early. The hotel offers and early breakfast but it doesn't really make a difference as people get there very early with some even camping out. Buy your tickets through the hotel for the tours- or even from a ticket scouter as you skip the queues which is worth while, especially for the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel.
It was maybe a little pricey for the accommodation, but I guess you pay for the location more than anything, but not major complaints. It is not too far from the sites- and if you don't mind walking you can get around the city by foot as we did. You see lots and Rome is easy to navigate, and also has signs pointing you in the direction of different landmarks.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Cardinal Cesi Rome
- Palazzo Cardinal Cesi Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Cardinal Cesi, only a few yards from St Peter's Square, on Via della Conciliazione, is an oasis of peace and spirituality drenched in history at the very heart of Christendom, with the enormous privilege of being able to stay so close to the Holy Father's residence. As you enter through the imposing door, leading to the secluded cloisters, experience the reassuring sensation of taking a step back into a bygone age, leaving behind you the hubbub of the city to enjoy the luxury of settling down in an elegant haven, surrounded by every comfort of to the highest standards of first-class accommodation, where everything has been carefully designed to welcome you, and to make you immediately feel at home.Palazzo Cardinal Cesi, sulla magnifica Via della Conciliazione, nel cuore della Cristianità, a soli pochi passi da Piazza S.Pietro, è un’oasi di pace e spiritualità, intriso di storia.Splendido palazzo del ‘400 con delizioso chiostro interno,. un elegante rifugio, con tutti i confort di un 4 stelle, dove si è circondati da un’atmosfera calda, curata ed elegante che fa sentire l’Ospite come a casa propria ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Palazzo Cardinal Cesi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.