“revolting never again” 1 of 5 stars

Concorde
Save Saved
You added Concorde to your Saves list
Concorde
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Giovanni Amendola 95, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #998 of 1,265 Hotels in Rome
Consett, England, United Kingdom
“revolting never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

stayed for 4 nights room was discusting and dirty reception was really bad location was ok could have been better air conditiong in rooms didnt work properly i wouldnt reccomend this hotel for anybody

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very awful hotel - not good value for money and looks like bad hostel or dirty hospital. The only advantage is that this "hotel" has really good location - near the Termini station. That's all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, but very old. REALLY old. The room windows are falling down, or missing a part.
The bathroom is horrible, no bathroom stall. And the breakfast worst I ever had.
Also is very expensive to what they offer.
The location is good. Near the Termini station, but is very noisy and there is to much guys selling stuff and bothering everybody.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I couldn't help but be disappointed when I first arrived because I'm used to higher-spec hotels than this, but I'm currently travelling around Italy so needs must. HOWEVER, 10 mins after I arrived I realised how lucky I was to find it. I paid 55 euros per night, with breakfast included, via Booking.com. I did hear someone come in who didn't have a booking though and the guy at reception told her it was 30 euros per head per night, though I suspect breakfast is not included in that, but shows you what the mark up by Booking.com is! Maybe contact the hotel directly.
Location - 30 SECONDS AWAY FROM ROMA TERMINI STATION!! If you come out of the main entrance at the front, or to the left, cross over the road, walk down one block and the hotel in on that street. I asked for directions at the Tourist Information desk in the station when I arrived which is near platform 24.
The room was pokey to say the least, but actually it is perfect for one person. Single bed with 'ensuite' wet room attached - toilet, sink and incredibly powerful shower, which is lovely to get the grime off. My only slight worry is the light switch IN the wet room. It also has a hairdryer, which I didn't use.
FREE WIFI in my room - you just ask the guy at the reception for the code to connect and the connection never failed, and I was Skyping, iChat, FactTime, email, searching the net, the lot! Room is really clean - I inspected the bed and mattress thoroughly - looks brand new!
The guys on the reception, especially at night (a Singaporean who's been in Italy 20 years) are lovely and really helpful! All speak English, which with my broken Italian was also helpful.
Air conditioning in the room, which is a god send because it is very hot!
The walls are quite thin and you can hear people coming in through the night, but you'll be so tired trekking round the glorious city of Rome that it won't matter. Room also has a TV, but I haven't used it at all. The street can also be quite noisy, but that's due to the location, which is PERFECT!
Breakfast is not served in the hotel. If you have it included in your booking, they give you a voucher to go to the Pizzeria/Cafe diagonally across from the hotel, and I was given a gorgeous coffee (you can choose, cappuccino, latte etc) and a croissant. It was delicious, but DON'T GO TO THE SAME PLACE FOR DINNER - made that mistake. Horrible, and I only ordered pasta with a tomato sauce. It was ready in about 30 seconds - that says it all!
Happy holidays!

Room Tip: I was in 515 and it was great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Aussie in UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Concorde because we wanted to be near the airport bus for a very early flight the next day and also close to Termini. If you want to stay centrally in Rome and in a reasonable hotel then I would recommend Hotel Concorde. It is basic, clean, good location, not too noisey, walking distance to a lot of things, restaurants, sites, train etc...Hotels in Rome are not the cheapest so we thought this was a bit expensive for what we are used to but looking at prices in Rome this was the average price for that area and that quality hotel. We had a room with two balconies that had great city views. Reception staff were good. Beds comfortable. Tv and air conditioning if you like those comforts as well. The hotel is on the 5th and 6th floors.

Room Tip: book a room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We are not a couple that needs the best of everything so this review is coming from a pretty conservative perspective. I researched online for hours and read all the reviews and I am still baffled by how this hotel received good reviews. First we arrived and they put us in the room that had not even been cleaned.....so we put our stuff down and quickly left. The bed was two mattresses pushed together on a cot with no middle divider, the bathroom was tiny and you had to take a shower in between the toilet and the sink and the room was tiny. The walls are extremely thin and you can hear people talk and come in and out of their rooms at all hours of the night. After our first night we saw that they were cleaning out the room next to us which looked much nicer, we inquired if we could switch rooms at 10AM and they said, no they were booked full. Even when we said the next guest can simply have our room.....they conveniently didn't speak English at that point. Very disappointing in everything about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

After a mix up with my booked hotel I landed in Hotel Concorde. The employees were very kind. Breakfast was good. The hotel room was simple, but clean and noise free.

A fine hotel if you want to visit rome and only need a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Concorde? Share your experiences!