“Horrible place to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Concorde to your Saves list
Concorde
Concorde
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Giovanni Amendola 95, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #969 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
“Horrible place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, but very old. REALLY old. The room windows are falling down, or missing a part.
The bathroom is horrible, no bathroom stall. And the breakfast worst I ever had.
Also is very expensive to what they offer.
The location is good. Near the Termini station, but is very noisy and there is to much guys selling stuff and bothering everybody.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I couldn't help but be disappointed when I first arrived because I'm used to higher-spec hotels than this, but I'm currently travelling around Italy so needs must. HOWEVER, 10 mins after I arrived I realised how lucky I was to find it. I paid 55 euros per night, with breakfast included, via Booking.com. I did hear someone come in who didn't have a booking though and the guy at reception told her it was 30 euros per head per night, though I suspect breakfast is not included in that, but shows you what the mark up by Booking.com is! Maybe contact the hotel directly.
Location - 30 SECONDS AWAY FROM ROMA TERMINI STATION!! If you come out of the main entrance at the front, or to the left, cross over the road, walk down one block and the hotel in on that street. I asked for directions at the Tourist Information desk in the station when I arrived which is near platform 24.
The room was pokey to say the least, but actually it is perfect for one person. Single bed with 'ensuite' wet room attached - toilet, sink and incredibly powerful shower, which is lovely to get the grime off. My only slight worry is the light switch IN the wet room. It also has a hairdryer, which I didn't use.
FREE WIFI in my room - you just ask the guy at the reception for the code to connect and the connection never failed, and I was Skyping, iChat, FactTime, email, searching the net, the lot! Room is really clean - I inspected the bed and mattress thoroughly - looks brand new!
The guys on the reception, especially at night (a Singaporean who's been in Italy 20 years) are lovely and really helpful! All speak English, which with my broken Italian was also helpful.
Air conditioning in the room, which is a god send because it is very hot!
The walls are quite thin and you can hear people coming in through the night, but you'll be so tired trekking round the glorious city of Rome that it won't matter. Room also has a TV, but I haven't used it at all. The street can also be quite noisy, but that's due to the location, which is PERFECT!
Breakfast is not served in the hotel. If you have it included in your booking, they give you a voucher to go to the Pizzeria/Cafe diagonally across from the hotel, and I was given a gorgeous coffee (you can choose, cappuccino, latte etc) and a croissant. It was delicious, but DON'T GO TO THE SAME PLACE FOR DINNER - made that mistake. Horrible, and I only ordered pasta with a tomato sauce. It was ready in about 30 seconds - that says it all!
Happy holidays!

Room Tip: I was in 515 and it was great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Aussie in UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Concorde because we wanted to be near the airport bus for a very early flight the next day and also close to Termini. If you want to stay centrally in Rome and in a reasonable hotel then I would recommend Hotel Concorde. It is basic, clean, good location, not too noisey, walking distance to a lot of things, restaurants, sites, train etc...Hotels in Rome are not the cheapest so we thought this was a bit expensive for what we are used to but looking at prices in Rome this was the average price for that area and that quality hotel. We had a room with two balconies that had great city views. Reception staff were good. Beds comfortable. Tv and air conditioning if you like those comforts as well. The hotel is on the 5th and 6th floors.

Room Tip: book a room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We are not a couple that needs the best of everything so this review is coming from a pretty conservative perspective. I researched online for hours and read all the reviews and I am still baffled by how this hotel received good reviews. First we arrived and they put us in the room that had not even been cleaned.....so we put our stuff down and quickly left. The bed was two mattresses pushed together on a cot with no middle divider, the bathroom was tiny and you had to take a shower in between the toilet and the sink and the room was tiny. The walls are extremely thin and you can hear people talk and come in and out of their rooms at all hours of the night. After our first night we saw that they were cleaning out the room next to us which looked much nicer, we inquired if we could switch rooms at 10AM and they said, no they were booked full. Even when we said the next guest can simply have our room.....they conveniently didn't speak English at that point. Very disappointing in everything about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

After a mix up with my booked hotel I landed in Hotel Concorde. The employees were very kind. Breakfast was good. The hotel room was simple, but clean and noise free.

A fine hotel if you want to visit rome and only need a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Forget staying in this hotel, dont even make a booking or you will be wrongly charged.I made a booking with booking.com for 2nd & 3rd April 2010. I cancelled the booking on 20th March. The policy said that I will not be charged if I cancel on or before 30th March.

Guess what, my credit card has been charged on 27th March with 98 euros !! and I have been frantically trying to get a reply from the hotel. If you value your hard earned money, dont even make a booking with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

I find some of the former reviews to be unfair. The area around Termini station is not the most upscale, but it is not dangerous and for a lot of us who are in Rome for a limited time, the convenience of being near Termini is huge in terms of efficiency. The Concorde is a couple of floors of a high rise building but many, many hotels that handle tourists in Rome are the same, in fact it is typical to find 3 or 4 hotels in the same building, just different floors. This hotel is quite clean, you can absolutely come and go at any time and so what if you have to ring a bell to get the attendant in the middle of the night? That is most small hotels in Europe. If you want American hotels then stay in America, this is Europe and things are different, not necessarily worse but different. Criticizing this is unfair. Breakfast was better than most Rome hotel breakfasts and coffee/roll etc is typical breakfast in Rome for any hotel. And it is good and served with a smile. As for carrying luggage up the stairs, there is an elevator, you just might have to wait for it some, so what? To me, it is clean, central, comfortable, I was treated well, it is not unsafe, it is fine. I was traveling with my kids and they liked it, I never felt they were unsafe, but then again I didn't have them out walking around in the middle of the night. You do have to watch the pickpockets here, even more than elsewhere in Rome, which is famous for pickpockets...watch the little kids, that is who does it.

• Liked — clean, convenient
  • Disliked — area is a little seedy but not dangerous
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Concorde? Share your experiences!