“Best place to stay in Rome!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
€85 (EUR)
Ranked #5 of 2,770 Rome B&B and Inns
Niteroi, RJ
“Best place to stay in Rome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I passed 8 nights at this B&B. What can I say? I have no words to describe this place, Rosa Maria and Meldi did everything they could to make our stay there just perfect.

The B&B is in a short walking distance to the Vatican, In 2 minutes walking you are at Saint Peter's square, Besides, the bus stop is just in front of it, and you can go to the rest of the city very easily. Rosa Maria was tireless to help us with tips to go to the monuments, museus, churches...

The breakfast is excellent: fresh fruits, cappuccino, hot croissants, and much more. We stayed in the room with a bathroom inside (the green room), and it was spotless. The towells were changed daily, and the cleaning was amazing.

I'm already missing Rome, and the next time I visit this city, I'll stay al Al Colonnato de San Pietro again doubtless!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guests,
It is my pleasure to read such a fantastic comment on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to learn that you deeply appreciated our B&B, our location and services and I hope to welcome you back at Al Colonnato di San Pietro in the near future.
Best regards,

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Penang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I went to Italy in October 2012 for our honeymoon and months before that, I did a Tripadvisor search on the best B&Bs to stay in. The Al Colonnato di St Pietro caught my eye because of its location – it’s just next to St. Peter’s Basilica which is one of the places we would want to spend time in. We booked the Red Room and stayed there for 6 nights. It’s the best decision we have made for this trip. The positive comments you read on this site are true!

The gorgeous B&B owner, Rosa Maria made us feel at home right from the start. She waited for us on our day of arrival, and spent some time giving us useful information with regards to the neighbourhood, available public transport and places of interest.
Her assistant, Imelda (affectionately known as ‘Meldy’) is a vibrant and helpful lady from the Philippines. Breakfast is prepared by her and placed on a cart which is wheeled right to our door step. L-o-v-e it! Bed linens and towels are changed every day, and our room and washroom (located across the room) are very clean. At night, it’s quiet and safe as our room faces the Aurelian walls.

We could get almost everything we need within a stone’s throw away; laundry service, tabacchi (to get bus tickets), Carrefour market and gelato! Just around the corner, there are two restaurants which we frequented during our stay (recommended by Rosa). Their menus include English texts and food was delicious and affordable.

And did I mention that it’s located just opposite St. Peter’s? We would walk past the basilica on our way home almost every day, and oh, what a view especially when they turned on the lights at dusk. The experience is sublime. If you are looking for religious items such as rosaries, crucifixes etc, you could go to Via del Mascherino (also recommended by Rosa, it’s just 15 minutes away by foot) where there are many shops offering these at very good prices.

But what I love most about this place is Rosa and Meldy themselves. I love Italian food, so I wanted to get hold of some items such as good quality olive oil, dried porcini mushroom, coffee powder etc. So I did a lot of research before I came over. But all I needed was to just talk to Rosa and she’d set me off at the right track. Rosa was there to greet us every morning to ask how our previous day went and also gave a lot of tips on the things I wanted to buy (the brands etc) and the places we should not miss on our way to wherever we planned to go. She also advised on the public transport (which bus to take) - the quickest way to get there. Rosa also provided phones in case we need to reach her for emergencies, that was really comforting.

On our third day, Rosa generously offered us with a bottle of champagne (she ‘conspired’ with me to give my husband a lovely surprise). This added such a memorable lovely touch to our stay, and indeed I’ve not encountered such a personalized, hospitable service before.

All in all, if you are not familiar with Rome, I truly recommend this B&B - Rosa and Meldy are simply wonderful, the location is excellent, breakfast is hearty, rooms are clean, neighbourhood is quiet and safe and oh, the list goes on. You won’t regret it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is very important to us.
We appreciate the time you took to write about your wonderful experience at Al Colonnato di San Pietro.
Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'll try and keep this concise. We stayed in the Al Colonnato di San Pietro - SUN space apartment.

1. All of the other reviews are correct in saying that Rosa is such a lovely woman who genuinely cares about her guests and her accommodation. Nothing is too much trouble for her. She was waiting for us when we arrived, helped us plan our stay, booked us in to tiny Italian restaurants we would never have known about if it wasn't for her, and even gave us a mobile to use in case we needed advice.

2. The apartment was spotless when we arrived, and is perfect for a short trip to the city. There are basic cooking facilities and the ensuite is to a very high standard. Another reviewer thought the bed was slightly firm - but we found it extremely comfortable. The fridge was fully stocked with all you need for breakfast and tea/coffee and there was ample bread, cereal, jams, biscuits etc. There is a small balcony, and very nice coffee shops and tavernas less than a 1 minute walk from the apartment.

3. The location is perfect. You are less than a 5 minute walk to St Peters, you will not find better than this.

4. The tariff is exceptionally reasonable for the service you receive, the quality of the apartment and location. The only problem we now have is that Rosa has set the bar very high and it will be hard to find comparable B&B's in other cities!

We will be recommending Al Colonnato di San Pietro to any friends or family planning to visit Rome.

Rosa thank you so much :-) Matt & Nora

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Nora & Matt,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
Our bed & breakfast is unique in terms of its location, being ideally located near St Peters Basilica and surrounded by lots of shops, restaurants, cafes.
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay in Rome and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have just returned from a three night stay in The Moon space apartment,and wow what a little gem.Rosa Maria greeted us with a fantastic smile and welcome. The apartment is clean, bright and spacious and very well equipped. There a great supply of bread,jam, butter, milk, juice, tea, coffee, yoghurt, biscuits and cereal for breakfast and a very very large bowl of fresh fruit. There is a good supply of towels and toiletries,and air-conditioning which was great as it was 28 degrees.Rosa Maria supplied a map and all the information we required for our trip including transport restaurants and places of interest, she even supplied us with a mobile phone so we could contact her in case we had any questions, great if your phone doesn't work in Italy.
We would recommend this apartment to anyone going to Rome, especially if you want to be in easy walking distance of The Vatican.
Thanks again Rosa Maria for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
It was a pleasure to meet you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you would choose us again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Blackwater, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This being our second visit to Rome and to the "Moon Apartment" and when Rosa Maria met us it was like being greeted by an old friend she made us feel so welcome. The apartment is spacious, clean and in a fantastic location. Rosa took the time to go through all places of interest on the map, fantastic churches to visit which are not on the normal tourist list which were amazing. She provided us with a mobile phone in case of any problems. She provided us with lots of goodies for breakfast and a well stocked fridge. We cannot thank Rosa enough for her hospitality and helping us to make our 35th wedding anniversary a memorable one.. We have recommended this B&B and the apartments to a number friends and relatives. If our coin in the Trevii Fountain comes true we will be back......thank you Rosa Maria

• Stayed October 2012
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
The biggest compliment is a returning guest and I am therefore really happy that you have chosen us for the second time and that once again enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back for your third trip to Rome.
Kind regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I were referred to this B&B by friends and our experience was every bit as wonderful as we expected. We spent 6 nights here in Sept 2012. Rosa Maria is the perfect hostess. She provided maps, bus information and restaurant recommendations . We had booked some early morning tours and she arranged for earlier breakfast. We also enjoyed Meldie {sp}
who is Rosa Maria's assistant. The property is close to the Vatican and in a charming area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our B&B.
We work hard to make the stay of each and every guest special and it is very pleasing to note our efforts are appreciated.
Regards,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Let me start by saying that I feel terribly guilty about writing such a late review. We stayed at this wonderful property for 2 nights in late Mach 2012. I never write reviews but I think it is my obligation as we all had a fantastic experience.

Our group (total of 6 people) consisted of 2 couples in our 40's, both with teen daughters. We chose this place based on previous guest revies on Trip Advisor. Rosa Maria is awesome!!! She was always very prompt in answering my questions and emails prior to our trip. I felt like I knew her well prior to our arrival! She offered for us to have a driver pick us up at the airport, which I thought was a great idea and reasonably priced. The driver spoke limited English but still tried to make conversation. He was also very courteous and professional. Since there were 3 of us in each family, Rosa Maria offered us the Moon Space and the Sun Space apartments. These were located in a residential building, close to her other bed & breakfast property. The area felt safe and it was within a short walk to Vatican City. Each apartment had a double/queen bed and a single bed for each teen. Everything was super clean. The mattress was a little too firm for my preference, but this seems to be somewhat common in Italy. They each also had a cupboard/ kitchennete set-up with a sink, cooktop, as well as plates, cups, silverware, etc. We were also supplied with snacks, fresh fruits, yogurts, cereal, milk, juice and cofee. There were also several restaurants within walk-in distance. My husband and daughter, who are picky eaters, were expecting some croissants or pastries to be available for breakfast. I told Rosa Maria and the next day she showed up with the best pastries for them. This is not usually included with the apartments so we were extremely impressed with this gesture! This IS service and hospitality. Rosa Maria also provided us with tips, advise, a map and restaurant suggestions. She also told us we could call her anytime if we had any questions or issues. Even though we only stayed for 2 nights and we had visited Rome before, we cannot stop talking about our stay and Rosa Maria's hospitality. I should be getting jealous because my husband loves this lady! I am not sure if our friends wrote a review but they also said the loved the apartment and were equally impressed with the service and hospitality we were given.

We also agree: we can't wait to be back at your place Rosa Maria! Our stay in Rome was even more memorable than the first time because of the apartment and Rosa Maria. Thanks for making us feel welcome and taking such good care of us!!!

Liana (on behalf of the Cruz & Viadero families)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Liana,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your fantastic comments and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our apartments and location. Being near the Vatican, our location allows our guests to make the best of their stay in Rome, allowing them to visit historical sites along with restaurants and shops.
Thank you again for reviewing your stay here and I look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Rome!
Best regards,
Rosa Maria

Been to Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!