“Average Hotel we enjoyed our stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Aureliano
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Aurelia, 619, 00165 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #780 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Average Hotel we enjoyed our stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is more like a 3 star not a 4. The breakfast was ok croissants and toast, cheese and cold meats and pasries. The hotel staff were polite enough but not overly friendly or keen to help when asking about the collessium etc. All you need to do when u walk out of the hotel turn right and walk up the road about 10 mins until you come to the macdonalds on the corner. You then turn left and take the metro to all the different places you wish to visit. Make a note that your stop is CORNELIA and dont make the mistake we did and return to VALLE AURELIA lol. the metro is the best way to transport around Rome to the Vatican City, Trevi fountain and Collesium it is cheap and fast and you can travel around for the whole day for 4 Euro each. When going to the various places dont be conned into the tour guides charging 45 Euro each to go around the collessium they say its to beat the ques but its worth just hanging on in line for about half an hour and paying the small 15 Euro each. if ur under 25 you can get into the collessium for around 8 Euro so take your student cards if poss as I got into the Vatican museum cheaper also. theres a great restraunt just past macdonalds from the hotel called Restraunte Joseph... well worth a visit me and hubby both had a 3 course meal with wine and soft drink for 42 Euro!!! the restraunt across the road and to the left from the hotel is more expensive and no where near as nice. We used trip advisor for our whole stay in Rome and went by the reviews on here.... theres free Wi Fi in the hotel so its handy on your smart phone to download the trip advisor app then download Rome and use it when ur travelling around. Sorry to babble on but these hamdy tips help. Overall the hotel was a pleasant enough stay.. only faults were the aircon was rubbish so the room was really hot and opening the window meant hearing lots of traffic and honking horns all the time. The towels were changed once during our 3 night stay and the room cleaned up every day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Unlike the previous guest we had a room in an annexe adjoining the hotel. Access to reception was gained by ringing a bell. No balcony, a small room and the shower was temperamental in the morning but fine at night, however it was clean, modern and the bed was big and comfortable. Staff were helpful and the breakfast was good with several choices. Overall, I'd say this was 3 star and not 4. It is no more than a 10 minutes walk to Cornelia Metro and if you buy your ticket from the newsstand across from the hotel it saves time in the station. Line A closes at 9.00pm so staying in the City Centre means you are dependent on taxis.
Beware of unscrupulous taxi drivers. The set fee of €30 from the airport is to the city centre, not Via Aurelia. There is a surcharge after 10pm so even after agreeing a price at the airport our driver wanted much more than the agreed fee. On the return journey to the airport I recommend taking the bus from Termini station. It is only a 20 minutes journey. As long as you don't mind being on the outskirts I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and thought we had been upgraded ,but learnt that our room with private patio size balcony was indeed ours. Five star quality at three star prices.We urge all to try this jewel in the crown in Rome

Room Tip: The higher the room the less traffic noise
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baumholder, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have worked in hotels for 16 years, started out housekeepering in a Comfort Inn & worked up to management in a Four Diamond, JD Powers awarded hotel, so I can say I have seen it all & heard every hotel complaint in the boom! I always go in with the worst expectations. You know prepare myself for the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised! Staff was cordial, not over polite. They were efficient. Only ONE problem entire three nights, when we asked for the directions to the closest Metro. We were told go right about ten minutes, you can't miss it! Wrong! Go right from hotel cross street walk about ten minutes & turn left @ the McDonals, Metro is two blocks up! Thats it my only issue & I am a super picky person. If you are not prepared to use public transportation, pick another hotel closer to town.

• Stayed November 2011
Zlin, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, because of the big world-conference, which was organized in the nearby Ergife Palace Hotel. This hotel is located near a busy street Via Aureliano, but I did not hear any bigger noise during the night. Rooms are very modern, clean, well equipped. I had a room at the highest floor (I guess) with lovely terrace and with garden table and swing, and of course with the great view. (see photos) Breakfast is rich and tasty (for Italy), staff was friendly and helpful, they always helped me with the busses, metro, sightseeing plans etc. Teh location of this hotel is more suitable for business purposes, so you simply do not care, that you stay 20 minutes of walk or short journey of bus No. 246 or 247 (stop 50m from hotel) to Cornelia metro station (Linea A) or Bus 916 to Pza. Venezia. Or if you looking for a safe location out of busy city centre or Termini area, it is a good choice. This hotel is also a good choice for those who travels by car, because Via Aurelia is easy accessible by car, and you do not have to be worry, you lose nerves in traffic jams in central Rome. There is a great traditional restaurant just across the street, or Pizzeria (Pizza Bar) 100m from the hotel. The big supermarket (In Grande) is located near Cornelia metro station. The hotel offers a free Wi-Fi service. In conclusion, it was a pleasant stay there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed there for just a couple of days but I enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was really nice.
What I really enjoyed was the restaurant on the other side side of the street, it was cheap and very traditional!
I don't have much to say about the location because I was with an excursion, so we had a bus to take us around.
I was there in November 2009, but the system didn't have this date available, so I selected November 2010.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Salvador, BA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We've stayed at Hotel Aureliano only for 3 days but it was enough. Despite the room was clean and new, it was cramped and, the worst thing, outside the main building and the wi fi and phone wasn't working. One of the days, it was raining and we couldn't leave the room because of the water volume in front of our door. Besides, we cant say the staff were friendly, actually, sometimes they seemed to be very rude. The hotel is far from the metro station and there were few buses available and they were always crowded. It was not a good place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Aureliano? Share your experiences!