“easy way from FCO to Vatican area” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Moscow, Russia
3 attraction reviews
“easy way from FCO to Vatican area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

If your hotel is at Vatican area you'd rather not miss this bus company. Skip the ticket offices for those at T3 sell transfer to Termini, this company sells ticket in front of the bus.
Wi-Fi on board password is printed on the window if you need.

Visited November 2013

• Greek first
“Best value for money + sightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Extremely pleased with my decision to opt for the SIT bus service instead of the Leonardo Express. Cannot beat the price (5 euro online or 6 cash upon boarding). Easy to find at Termini, punctual, well airconditioned and free wi-fi on board. During rush hour traffic took about one hour to get to the airport with one stop at Vatican to pick up passengers.
Would highly recommend to those who would like to see more of this magnificent city or, perhaps, are having hard time parting with Rome.

Visited September 2013
Bay Area, CA
20 attraction reviews
“Affordable way to get transportation to and from airport to hotel in Rome.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Most people don't consider how expensive it is to get transportation from the airport to your hotel and vice versa.

Thankfully, I found out about SIT BUS Shuttle and was able to pay a very very good price round trip from airport to hotel and hotel to airport.

Their website has all the information and although has some English, you really have to pay attention and make sure you understand everything.

I printed my passes and when we landed, unfortunately the passes didn't have any indication where the station was in the airport. With no free wifi at FCO I'm glad someone helped me find the station. It is on their website, but if you rely solely on your print out, it will not be there, so make sure you keep some kind of record of it if you can't get online at the airport. Basically its where all the shuttles line up at, over in Terminal 1 if I recall.

There is a staff member there if you have questions, and spoke English. The bus is clean and spacious. There is plenty of room for luggage--even big checked luggage. They will transport that too included in the price you pay which is great.

The ride was smooth and the cabin kept cool with AC. The only problem? The advertised WIFI never worked. Both times to the hotel, and back to the airport. Yes we were able to connect to the access point, but there was no actual internet connection. That is the ONLY reason I deducted a star, but I would use them again without hesitation, but I hope the internet not working was just a fluke, although happened (or in this case didn't happen) on 2 separate occasions spanning 4 days apart.

Visited August 2013
thessaloniki
6 attraction reviews
“OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It is easy to find the bus station at the airport and at the terminal station. The staff is polite.You can buy tickets from the driver. A safe and cheap way to go to the terminal from the airport and vice versa.

Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

With a family of four, we were reluctant to pay 14 euros each one way on the express from FCO airport into Rome, so did some research into alternatives. I had a look at the Terravision bus reviews, and then found the SIT bus shuttle website. The attraction was that we were staying near the Vatican, and the SIT Bus stops on Via Creszenzio before going onto Termini. We booked one-way tickets online for the trip into Rome, in case we were not impressed. On arrival in Rome we found the bus stand easily, the SIT Bus is the first stall. Althought we had missed the bus we had booked due to our luggage taking forever to come off the flight, it was not problem, and we got the next bus. The bus was not too busy, the journey into Rome was very comfortable, with airconditioning and free wifi which our teenagers appreciated. We were dropped off on Via Creszenzio, there is a small board there with the logo and the time-table for the bus back to FCO. We went to the bus stop during our stay to check the times of the return buses, and there was a very helpful member of staff at the stop (they always seem to have someone there selling tickets) who confirmed that indeed that was the stop for going back to FCO. We were so impressed that although we were going to originally get a taxi back to the airport, we opted for the bus again, it was much cheaper and more comfortable than being crammed into a car. Although we did not need to be at the airport until about 9.30 we went for the 8 o'clock bus. We arrived about 15 minutes before that, there were already a few people at the bus stop, and again someone selling tickets. The bus left a little late, about 10 minutes, but still got to the airport in about 40 minutes, I think according to the timetable it should take about 50 minutes. We were very impressed for 5 or 6 euros one way it is very good value, and very comfortable, we would use this service again.

Visited August 2013