“A special afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #354 of 593 Tours & Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Best of Rome offers private and small group tours of Rome, Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon and more with local top-rated guides.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
melbourne
“A special afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My 11yo daughter and I were exhausted after a month of travelling and a disappointing first day in Rome (Trevi Fountain was being refurbished and I fell for the simplest of scams....). I was well beyond another group tour and booked with Best of Rome tours for a private tour on recommendation from another company. Roberta, our guide, was knowledgeable, patient and entertaining. My daughter loved it and was so engaged by the tour that she read a kids book on Roman history from start to end when we returned home. We were shown through the Colosseum first by providing some very valuable historical context (particularly for ignorants like me) and then a walk around before heading to Palatine Hill, which was superb. Roberta didn't rush off but sat with us for a few minutes to cool down in the heat, even though we were already well over time, and gave us some extra tips on other sites to see and where to get good gelati. She catered really well for the difference in knowledge between my 11yo daughter and my archaeologist sister. A great afternoon had by all - thank you!

Bergen, Norway
3 attraction reviews
“Colosseum and ancient Rome private tour with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

1/2 day tour with guide Lara, interesting and fun for all the family!

The tour included Colosseum, the Palatine hill and Forum Romanum. The guide was very good at telling things that was interesting for the kids. The tour theme itself is one of the more exiting things for kids in Rome.

At the end she recommended an ice bar that's one of the best in Rome: FLOR - a perfect ending of the tour!

Visited June 2014
dallas, tx
“Great Vatican tour with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had a great experience this afternoon with Simona from Best of Rome Tours. I asked for someone who would be good with kids and they certainly delivered. She is a middle school teacher and was very patient with my 11yr olds many questions. We travelled with. 17, 11, 8 and 3 yr olds. She was kind, patient and very knowledgable. Would highly recommend this tour company while visiting Rome.

“Vatican Tour - Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This week my wife and I did a private tour of the Vatican and it was beyond phenomenal. So not a review-type of person, but our guide was the greatest we've ever had (Claudia Capretti) anywhere in world. Can't imagine another person taking us through the history of the City, the religion and art. We are Jewish and learning about the New Testament, it's history and connection to the Old Testament in this unique place was beyond words. She was so knowledgeable and a joy to spend 3.5 hours with. If you're going to the Vatican, hire Claudia and soak it up! Unreal experience!

Vienna
9 attraction reviews
“Best of Rome tour-The Vatican and Sistine Chapel request MariaClaudia --one of the best tour guides you will ever have !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Maria was the absolute best tour guide my family has ever had ! From the beginning, she met us punctually at the Vatican entrance allowing us to bypass hundreds of visitors in line and enter the museum swiftly and begin our tour immediately . Her personality was so charismatic, so personable that my family of six --2 adults and four teenagers (ages 12,13,16 & 18) listened to every bit of history she offered and interacted the entire time with questions . She demonstrated such mastery of her knowledge of history throughout the tour. She even awarded prizes (which was completely a surprise and above and beyond what was expected ) that she engaged all of us into wanting to hear and remember the rich history of the art , the government and The Church that is unique only to The Vatican and Rome ! I believe she presented her tour this way knowing that she had to master the technique of keeping teenagers interested . Not only was this accomplished but even beyond this she taught the adults so much as well !! I would go so far as to say she packed several semesters of history into 3 hours of a memorable educational tour .
I am certain that in any group , whether all adults or groups with children, Maria will appropriately tailor your tour to make your experience of The Vatican and the Sistine Chapel one you and your family/friends will always remember and want to share with others the beauty and the richness of an incredible part of history that can only be experienced in Italy !!

Brava MariaClaudia ! You deserve 10 stars !! Thank you from our family !!

The company is very professional , efficient in responding and well worth the expense for the tour of the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel !

Visited June 2014