“Very good and still affordable restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
“Very good and still affordable restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The tasting menu is 35e, which is very well positioned considering the quality of the meal. One of the best and still affordable restaurant in Rome I know.
The wine menu is also interesting and affordable.
Very good address.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Cleveland, Ohio
“Exceptional. Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

One of the greatest meals we have ever had. Period. Chef Alba is simply a wizard in the kitchen. Our 5 course tasting menu was a virtuosic display of gastronomic know-how-- homey but dazzling, experimental but down to earth-- a harmonious fusion of texture and taste accompanied by great presentation. The variety of dishes coming from the small and open kitchen was stunning- fantastic ravioli and a mouth-spanking, one-bite dish with oyster and vodka tonic infused granita come to mind. Speaking of greats-- a fantastic value for the quality. The wine pairing at our request utilized a creative and interesting mix of wines from diverse regions. The atmosphere is chic but relaxed. Altogether most memorable and delightful, get a table before it snatches a Michelin star or two!

• Visited June 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Simply an Amazing dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I just checked in for my flight back to NYC and my last meal I had in Rome was simply outstanding! The best I've had so far in Rome considering the "bang for the buck"... We had the 5 course tasting menu with a great and very rare white wine from a little island in Sicily produced by Hauner which was great for our seafood dishes.

The whole atmosphere of the restaurant is simply great and yes we had to reserve a few days in advance but it was well worth it. Definitely a place I will come back to on my future visits in Rome.

So glad I found this place. Now I can leave "happy" :)

• Visited May 2013
Tirrenia, Italy
“Exceeded expectations from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked this restaurant on the recommendations of some friends who had visited recently. I enjoy simple food and am much more interested in the quality of the dish as opposed to how it looks. That being said, I tend to avoid places that “design and decorate” dishes. This restaurant has given me reason to rethink my opinions. I visited on two separate occasions once on a Thursday for lunch and again on Saturday night. From start to finish I was impressed with both the quality and simplicity of Marzapane’s concept and dishes. Everything is carefully prepared by a very talented Chef working behind glass windows giving diners a view into the kitchen and increasing anticipation for what is to come. My girlfriend and I sampled about ten different dishes over our two different meals and one was truly better than the next. If they are offering the “Maialino” (suckling pig with Jerusalem artichokes and raspberries) or “Rombo con finocchio” (turbot with fennel served with a duo of bitter and sweet orange) have both!!!! Also, the Carbonara is exquisite and very well priced. I am hoping to visit again soon. Thank you for a truly amazing experience!!!!

• Visited April 2013