“What? Rated #3 among all restaurants in Rome? I cannot believe it...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tastevere Kmzero

Ranked #68 of 8,713 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Organic, Winery
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Tastevere is a small shop of local farmers products opened by Luca & Giuseppe, 2 young farmers wich produces sheep cheese, Extravergin olive oil, fruit & Vegs and Saffron in theyr family farms. All the other products from the shop are local and from small farmers who does the market whit us in our traditional spots (the coldiretti's farmers markets of Circo Massimo and Garbatella). In the evening/night the grocery functions its sourrunded by the crowd of young guys that cames to Trastevere to have aperitives tasting our mixed platter (3€ for 100gr) or the wines (2€) or local craft beers (4€).
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“What? Rated #3 among all restaurants in Rome? I cannot believe it...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

When I went to this place I had very high expectations based on the great reviews and impressive ranking... Honestly, I thought it was a joke... and I am still convinced this #3 ranking among more than 5.000 restaurants in Rome is a joke.
I certainly was not thinking about a full dinner, but I was picturing having a little bite of something truly special in a unique and fun setting. Nothing could be further from reality... No service whatsoever - it was not even clear what we were supposed to do - and the place was completely empty, despite it was late Friday evening and Trastevere was full of people. The food? I still have to understand what the food was about... The plate consisted of very few pieces of (pretty mediocre) cheese and salami, along with tasteless bread. Nothing else was available. Nothing. Worse than this, the preparation and display of the food were not looking clean at all. We ordered wine, which yes was only 2 euros, but it was served in microscopic amount on a plastic glass...
There were many jars of locally produced jams on display (again, selection was anyway very limited), but shelves and jars were dusty - who knows for how long they were sitting there. The entire atmosphere was actually run down, nothing even close to the homy and cozy ambiance that I was imagining. We could not wait to run away... NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!
I usually prefer to avoid writing reviews to express my dissatisfaction, but in this case I had to make an exception...

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Feel like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We did not expect what we were to experience. It is actually a small shop for vegetables and organic food - cheese, salami and meat. Kmzero means short-travelled food. In this small shop there were a couple of small tables where you could sit and taste the produce and enkoy a glass of wine or some very good beer from local producers. Their ales were really good!

We sat there for an hour, enjoying the various food - and the good beer. People came and went and we all engaged in conversations among the guests, the shop keepers and loval people shoping. It was really like comin home to friends.

A wonderful experience!

We'll be back!

Uppsala, Sweden
“A true gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've read about Tastevere on Tripadvisor before going to Rome on a 3-day trip. So even before checking in at our B&B in Trastevere, we went here for a glass of wine and some bread and cheese. It's a small cosy place, a shop with a few places to sit (around 12 perhaps). We tasted fantastic cheese, ham, oil, pesto and biodynamic wine (heavenly) and beer (a fantastic ale!). We like the food, drinks and atmosphere so musch so we went back every day during our visit in Rome. We even spent the last evening there instead of going out for dinner, eating more and more cheese and tasting different things. And we bought some wine and olive oil with us home.
They also sell vegetables. Everything in the shop is biodynamic etc. And most of the stuff is made by those working in the shop, or the family and friends. Don't miss it!
Oh, and you can of course get some take aways sandwiches etc and have a picnic in one of Rome's parks, which we planned to do but unfortunately it rained that very day. But next time!

Rome, Italy
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me and my wife were only in Rome for one day. We love to visit the smaller not "commercialized" places when we travel. This place was perfect. The wine and cheese platter was awesome and really cheep. Most of all the people working there were amazing and super friendly. Stop by for a drink and snack if you are in Rome!

Orlando, Florida
“Outstanding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I found this place through Trip Advisor. The reviews were good, so I had to visit to check it out for myself. It did not disappoint. This is no restaurant, it's a store that is owned and operated by local farmers who serve up wine, beer, meats and cheeses that they made, and they do it with great service and friendliness, as if you were a guest in their home. I walked in and said, "I found you on Trip Advisor. May I try some of your wine and a selection of your meats and cheeses?" The gentleman there smiled and sat us down at a small table in the corner of their store, and created a delicious sample platter of cheeses, meats, and bread spreads and served my girlfriend and I some white wine. This was one of our most romantic moments during our stay in Rome.

The price for a plate of food, four glasses of wine, and a jar of some of their delicious spread that we took with us was under 20 euros. Great price for a terrific experience. I will definitely return here.