“Find another apartment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #264 of 724 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Melbourne, Australia
“Find another apartment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I cannot in all honesty recommend this apartment.
The main problem is locating the apartment and getting the keys to the property. Luckily we came off a cruise and the guest relations got the number and rang ahead for us. They got the runaround, we were told we had no reservation,, but finally got a number for us. We got to the address ok, but no sign for the apartment. As we had no cellphone we were stuck. A kind man rang the number for us, and we were advised someone would be down straightaway. After waiting nearly half an hour a man let us in, only accepted cash and left us with the keys. It all felt very hole in the wall stuff and was very stressful for us. The apartment was clean and big for roman standards but the bed looked like a camp bed. The area that side if the Colloseum was a bit seedy, stay on or behind the main road called Cavour, nice deli, ice cream shop, supermarket, restaurants on that street. I cannot recommend due to the stress levels we suffered, get an apartment with front desk facilities.

Room Tip: Choose another apartment complex with front desk facilities
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I arrived in Rome for the Easter holidays and we sojourned two days in Rome. We chose the B&B because it was centrally located and very reasonably priced for Rome.

We had difficulty locating the B&B because the sign was so small on the building and it was nestled in between other B&B signs located in the same building. Once you enter the dated foyer you need to take a small elevator to the appropriate floor or you can ambitiously climb the worn marble steps! The stairwell and corridors are dimly lit and you pass other private apartment doors until you reach Clara Domus. An electronically secure double door entry way greets you and you will be buzzed in.

The B&B is quite small with a few rooms and a small reception area. We had two rooms across from each other. They were clean and modestly furnished. The bathroom was very small, but functional. Certainly no frills and not for those seeking to be basked in lush accommodations.

We were given credit for a coffee and a sweet roll at a cafe/bar around the corner. It was ok, but jam packed in the morning with individuals grabbing a coffee on their way to work.

We stayed with my preteen son, husband and brother and it was a bargain. We didn't need to use the air conditioning since it was rather cool in Rome. We didn't have any issues with noise either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hayes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed two nights location is really good and some great places to eat only a few minutes walk away, room was very clean only negative thing to say the room and bed was small. Apart from that would stay again but ask for a bigger room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My experience in clara domus...home in rome.
I could have gave this b&b a 10 but i can only give 9.
Pros:
- Great location, close to everything. Esp the rome termini.
- Huge single room
- The room that i got is clean flawless from dirt, the bed and the sheets are clean.
- Clean private bathroom, hot and cold shower is perfectly working.
- Well ventilated, and lights.
- Super friendly staffs and also the owner, very accomodating.

Cons (the reason why i gave it a 9 instead of 10):
- no internet in my room (but its ok, they allowed me to hang out in the reception to get strong internet connection)
- noisy street (if your window is open, this is normal i think because it is situated near the termini)

My conclusion: i will stay here again. I suggested this place to my families and friends. I really had a great accomodation. Oh and one more thing i forgot my charger and one of the staff (louise) accompanied me in looking for charger and she even did the talking since i dont speak italian, she's very helpful she even taught me some italian words...and the most important part, they gave me reasonable discount since im a solo traveller. This place is safe because theres cctv in every floors.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Clara Domus? Share your experiences!