“CLEAN, QUITE, AND COMFORTABLE” 5 of 5 stars

B&B A Casa di Barbara
del Gazometro 35, 00154 Rome, Italy (Ostiense)   |
Ranked #298 of 2,888 Rome B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“CLEAN, QUITE, AND COMFORTABLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Rome for a few days, prior to sailing on a cruise leaving from the Port of Civitavecchia, and I have to admit that staying at this B&B was quite pleasant! The owner was very kind, and the rooms were very spacious, with decent size closet space, and a spacious bathroom. The best part about our experience here was that the rooms, bathroom, and kitchen were spotless. I really appreciated how clean the rooms were because it made my boyfriend and I feel very comfortable and safe. The B&B is located within the main part of Rome, and is only a couple of blocks to the main Metro (Blue Line Piramide stop). The B&B is also very close to a lot of the main tourist sites like the Colosseum (only two metro stops away getting on at Piramide heading in the direction of Rebibbia). Also, the kitchen is always stocked with juice and bottled water, as well as breakfast pastries that you can get at any time day or night.

Another plus to staying here was that Fabrizio, the son-in-law to the B&B owner picked us up from the airport and then drove us to the Port of Civitavecchia for a much less rate than what Italian taxis would have charged us.

All-in-all, my boyfriend and I were very pleased with our stay and will definitely stay here in the future when we return to Rome. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was an exceptional place to stay for several reasons: location, cleanliness, friendliness. The kitchen was well stocked with food, the internet was not only available but they also brought their printer so we could print out boarding passes, they arranged tours for us, they allowed us to leave our luggage when we took a short trip to another city. In other words, they went far beyond the call of duty to make our stay comfortable and stressless. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I must confess my first impresion of this B&B was not good, but minutes after we arrived I realized it was a very comfortable and clean place with very nice people in charge and in an area conveniently connected.

Why my first impression (so that you go prepared and manage your expectations):
-The Priramide subway station is not nice looking, and the 3-4 blooks around it are not either. We initially had the impression it would not be safe. however, i must say, we did not see or experience anything bad (just a couple of drunk people), and instead, even late at night we saw families in the local restaurants and walking around. But still, I probably would recomend this hotel for couples, but not for girls alone wanting to arrive late at night.
-The B&B is actually a flat in a residencial building, and it still has pretty much this residencial feeling, so my first impresion is we would be living with a family, which was not what we were expecting, but soon we realized it was not the case. There are 3 rooms to rent, and kitchen is the area for breakfast and in the living room you find the escencial info of area restaurants.
-The toilet, which is huge and very confortable, have comercial toiletries like the ones you would use at your home (family size), so i first thought it was someone's stuff, and therefore that it was a shared toilet. But it is NOT!, its is just that the owners have put a super wide range of products for your use, from the standard soap and shampoo to eye make up remover and dsposable razors!...

Now I am listing the reasons WHY YOU SHOULD GO:
On the hotel:
-Super large room with very convennient furniture (closets, drawers, a desk, TV), air con/heating, a nice balcony, safe box (the room will be serviced every day),.
-Super large PRIVATE bathroom and as I said, with everithing you could need (girls, even the hair dryed is very good).
-Everything is inmaculately clean!
-In the kitchen, open all day, there is water, coffea, tea, juice, packed croisants, toasts, jams and butter, which are for the breakfast but they tell you to take whenever you want, and they do not assign a fixed amount per person (like in many B&Bs).
-There is no fridge in the room but you can use the communal one if you want to keep your own stuff (we got bear and fruits).
-Again, the owners mother, Angela, is in the house always available for anything you could need and is super kind and helpful. Barabara the owner was also making sure we were having a good experience and let us use the room till late on the last day as there were not guests inmediatelly taking the room.

The area:
-Very well conected-> 10 min walk from Ostiense train station, that is where the train from the airport stops before Termini. From airport to Ostience 30 min. Piramide is even closer to the hotel, and is 2 stops from the Coliseo, 4 from termini and so on, so you can be in a few minutes anywere. There is also a tram stop and several busses, which we found more convenient to go to beautiful Trastevere.
-Although as I mentioned the surrounding is not beautiful, it has several very convenient open-til-late shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants. the one just in front of the B&B, Insalata Rica is trully wonderfull (theye even opened another one in Trastevere).
-On our last day we discovered that a short walk from the hotel there is a trully beautiful area worth walking, part of the Ripa neighbourhood, were several churches including beautifull Sanata Sabina is, from were you have great views of the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been several times to the B&B Barbara. In fact, every time I go back to Rome, I stay there. Angela (Barbara's mother) treats me like her own daughter and is very hospitable and helpful. The place is kept spotless and you have full use of the kitchen and free internet. In addition, it is very conveniently located near the Metro as well as the train station from which you can take a train to the airport or to the beach. It is walking distance to Aventino, Testaccio and Trastevere my three favorite neighborhoods in Rome. If you stay there, don't miss Eatily a marvelous food emporium where you can buy and/or sit down to eat the most delicious Italian food.

I highly recommend this B&B and will definitely stay there next time I go to Rome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to B&B A Casa di Barbara? Share your experiences!