“Great service, location, rooms... basically great everything!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sweet Home Colosseum to your Saves list
Sweet Home Colosseum
A. Poliziano, 61, 00184 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #109 of 632 Specialty Lodging in Rome
“Great service, location, rooms... basically great everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is was a big surprise... I booked a room for 1 night at the last minute and at a very cheap rate so I went in with very little expectations. However, by the time I had checked out my expectations were exceeded in every way and I decided I will come back next time I'm in town.

Location: Great location... there are a few interesting cafes within walking distance and there is great connection to all the sites in Rome/Vatican via bus or Metro. It is also close to the Colosseum which is a nother huge plus

Rooms: Although from the outside I was apprehensive once you step into the apartment you'll be surprised. The B&B is newly renovated and the rooms were modern, clean and comfortable.

Service: Nicolo was amazingly friendly and helpful. So was the lady serving breakfast in the morning. I wanted to print out my boarding pass and they helped me install their printer to my laptop to print it out

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were quite happy with our Sweet Home in Rome. It is a convenient location, walking distance to many of the top sites and within a few blocks of stops for either of the 2 metro lines. We coordinated our arrival via text message to arrange for key pickup - all went according to plan. Print a map of the area to help you find it - there is no sign, just a label on the door buzzer for the building. Access is thru the door and via the elevators on the right side.
The room is basic - not too much room for storing clothes. Wi-Fi was OK, but worked much better in the lobby area. Bathroom was fine - good hot water, decent shower pressure. Bed was comfy. The beds were made daily. Breakfast was croissants and coffee (cappucino, americano, etc.) and limited selection of cereals, yogurts and fruit drinks.
We really liked the location - it's a busy area, but relatively quiet street. Our room looked out over Via Angelo Poliziano, but we had no problems with noise.
If you stay here, make sure to have dinner at the caffe below ("Bar Rivas") - the charismatic owner, Salvatore, will take excellent care of you. He quickly tossed aside our menus and made suggestions from the specials of the day. Prosecco to start and digestivi were gratis. The final bill seemed quite a bargain to us. The food was tasty, but it was the warm and friendly staff that made this place stand out for us.
Overall - a great experience and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This B&B is awesome It has all the features that a B&B should have.I stayed here for 4 nights and the service was amazing and about the location is close to the colosseum and the ancient monuments of Rome.

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I wish I'd stayed at Sweet Home Colosseum for longer than the one night I booked. An excellent small hostel which exceeded expectations in terms of design, customer service, cleanliness and spaciousness (who needs a hotel?).
Fara was a very friendly host who waited quite late in the night for me to arrive due to a delayed flight (thank you Fara!) and I was pleased with my double room which I had to myself with ensuite, tv and wireless Internet.
I would definitely recommend Sweet Home Colosseum to anyone visiting Rome as its close proximity to the centre of Rome and the historic sites makes it a convenient base. It was a little tricky to find at first (which may have been down to my tired state upon arrival) but it was well worth a little hunting!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at Sweet Home Colosseum for 1 night, I was traveling with a small group of friends and we were all impressed with the quality of this hotel for the price.

In terms of location it is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Rome Termini (train station) yet close enough to walk with luggage. The building has an elevator if you need however the stairs weren't too steep.

My only advice to anyone staying here would be to contact the reception with your time of arrival so they can be there to greet you as generally they are not always at the building and you have to call the reception upon your arrival which can take some time for them to arrive so if you are proactive with communicating with them it will enhance your stay as my friends did have to wait sometime as we all didn't arrive together.

The room was fantastic! The bed & linen were all relatively new as well as comfortable and the bathroom was one of the best on my travels. Shower was fully enclosed and shower heads could be hooked up high.

Breakfast offering is reasonable and was included in my booking, there is an automated coffee machine however if this isn't to your taste there is a small mini market and deli in the street that we utilized for water and snacks. There are fridge facilities in the kitchen and also the wifi is reliable and extends to the rooms.

Overall this was a great accommodation in Rome I would recommend everyone to give it a go as I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and my partner spent 3 nights at the Sweet Home Colosseum. We paid a bargain 120 euros for the pair of us for our stay, great value for money.
A 10/15 minute walk from the train station, was a bit hard to find when we first got there with it being are first time and we arrived late in the evening, so we just jumped a taxi which cost 10 euro, bit too much seen as though it was only a 5 minute drive away, so try to avoid that.
We arrive at the door, you can either take the elevator or stairs up to the B&B, Nicolo greets us, after kindly helping us find the place via phone. Lovely decor, simple layout, he shows us our room and the kitchen were we could help ourselves in the morning to breakfast. Room was lovely, we stayed in the room with the people bed (which you can see in the photo gallery), bed was so comfy, we had a television in our room with lots of channels, ensuite with shower, we did have a problem with the shower one day were it wouldn't go hot, no one was about in the morning, so we went out without using the shower but i informed Nicolo via text & facebook to let him know and if he could fix it while we were out, he got in touch a few hours later letting us know he had fixed it, which was very kind of him, he really went out his way for us. Sweet Home Colosseum is very clean, calm and quiet, perfect for a couples getaway or wanting somewhere to stay that is peaceful. Nicolo also let me use the ipod dock by the laptop outside our room to charge my iphone whenever i needed, he gave us maps etc and gave us directions to places he recommended we should go/explore. Breakfast was basic but nice, coffee fantastic. Great location, 5 minute walk away from the colosseum, next to a beautiful park to walk through also. All the sites were easy to get to, lot's of walking involved in Rome, so ladies (and gents) wear comfortable shoes.
I'd recommend.
Thanks for such a welcoming and friendly stay! :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved this spot. The rooms and bathrooms were very nice. A lot nicer than we had expected for being so close to everything and paying such a reasonable price. The breakfast was just perfect in the morning, and we couldn't get enough of the real cappucinos (they really are better in Rome!). Within 5 minutes we could walk to the Colosseum, through lovely parks, or to the Metro. We walked everywhere the whole trip and hit all of the hot spots. This is a very good locations for seeing all of Rome in a short time. There is a little restaurant on the corner of the building with the NICEST owners. We stopped and talked to them every night on our way back in. The only issue we had the entire time was when we arrived and the couple that owns it was not yet there to let us in, so we had to wait about 30 minutes. But it was all wonderful after that!

Room Tip: There was a really nice huge room at the end of the hall that we stayed in. It had 2 large windows...