“An unsettling experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quarto Burger & Drink

Quarto Burger & Drink
Via Crescenzio, 52, 00193 Rome, Italy (Prati)
06 45432249
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,899 of 9,253 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Fast Food, Dessert, Barbecue, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
Description: Club which is unique of its kind, well-known for the best burger in town.Italian extra selected meats, salads and fried foods.Open from lunch to dinner and not far from the Vaticans. Beers of the best brands. Fresh made desserts, italian wine of Protected Designation of Origin, international and domestic beers, a suitable place for fast lunch and dinner. We also provide take away service
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“An unsettling experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I came here with high hopes - I mean, #4 in ROME... for a burger? It must be good!

Unfortunately, the entire experience wasn't only a huge letdown... I actually feared for our health.

First off, when you order a burger, that's exactly what you get - one burger in a bun. No sides.

The first thing I noticed was that the bun was buttered... not exactly the internationally accepted accompaniment of choice. It made the bun soggy and messed with the sauce. Ever seen the Eddie Murphy skit where his momma makes him a home-made McDonalds burger? This was like that - a homebrew version from my youth.

But by far the worst thing (and the reason I'm giving it a one-star rating) is that the MEAT WASNT COOKED.

I'm not talking medium, or even rare... I'm talking recently scalped directly from a cow, and slapped between two pieces of bread. Imagine a packet of beef mince emptied directly on your plate and you'll be somewhere close. I could actually taste raw cow.

My girlfriend and I proceeded to play the "will it or won't it? (kill us)" game for the next 10 minutes, before settling our half-eaten burger back on the plate. We then spent the afternoon panicking and enduring psychosomatic stomach pains awaiting the inevitable sickness.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for rare steak... but this was UNCOOKED MINCE. When the party on one of our neigbouring tables saw us evaluating the safety of our burger, one of the guys rushed to the kitchen to order his well-done.

The waiter saw us struggling, and despite there being a pile of raw meat left on our plates at the end, he said nothing and shoved a €22 bill in front of us.

Maybe this was an anomaly and maybe their burgers are usually good. The other reviews certainly suggest so. Still, for a joint that serves ONLY burgers, how hard is it really to get wrong?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Rome, New York
“Best Burger in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Loved it. Great burgers, yummy fries, delicious sweet, iced beer. What more can I ask for? Other than flying back to the USA for a burger, this is the best I have had in Europe.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“Big flop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Starting on the upside: the atmosphere is nice, clean and creative; the waiters are very friendly, although with a tendency to be absentminded (forgot the cheese in a cheeseburger and a beer). Now the downside: the dishes are too simple. Yes, it is burgers one is talking about. Yet it is precisely just that they offer, simple burgers. The meat is decent (nothing extraordinary) but the recipes are basic: the cheese, for instance, was McDonald's type (we are in Italy for god's sake!). The price of the burgers was not exaggerated, but the rest was pretty expensive for this type of restaurant (beer 5€, fries 5€). The price is really the bottom line, for we endend up paying more there than we paid the next day in "La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali", supposedly a more expensive restaurant, but with great food and a glass of decent white wine for 3€.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Only a hamburger served”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We've chosen this restaurant based on the excellent reviews here. We had big expectations. The atmosphere was good and the crew friendly. we both ordered the biggest meal available: champion vip of 13euro. Unfortunately we received only a hamburger. No fries or extra vegetables. And that was for us a pitty- a hamburger only didn't stop our hunger for 100 %.

Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“fantastic burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I'm from NY first time in this wonderful city. I was walking through the beautiful streets of Rome and I saw this nice restaurant called QUARTO. I travel all around the world and I think the quality of this burger is the best. The restaurant is clean and very cozy. Staff people great. I personally raccomand people to go and visit. Federica and Giovanni

• Visited June 2012