“Nice stay in such a busy city” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Luigi Petroselli 47, 00186 Rome, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Christmas&Family special
Ranked #62 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
“Nice stay in such a busy city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent hotel. Staff went above and beyond to make everything comfortable for us. The rooms were very cozy and the blackout shutters allowed for the best sleep after a long travel. The wet sauna was great to relax in after walking all day. Only complaint was the bed could of been a little softer. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher your room, the less outside noise you hear
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Happy to read that you had a chance to use the sauna! We actually have some Guests who have asked for the make and model of our beds! I do understand, though, that the firmness of a mattress is very personal.
Personal Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while travaling through Rome. It was perfect. I nice location, nice staff, awesome rooftop deck with views, nice breakfast and rooms had clean lines and were comfortable. The hotel is located in a neighborhood that is not overly touristy but is near the "Mouth of Truth". Last time we were in Rome we stayed near the Plaza Navona but we were glad that this time around we were not in that area - which is a total mob scene in summer - tourists galore. One of the best features was the room darkening shades that made getting over jetlag superb. I can't reccomend this place enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Happy to read that 47 created moments of calm and comfort in the ‘Eternal City’.
Hope to have you with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We loved our superior room and the tasteful touches throughout the hotel, including the large lounge area, the open air seating area, the breakfast and, of course, the Circus Restaurant. Even though the hotel is central on a major thoroughfare, steps from the Spanish Steps, the room was very quiet due to excellent soundproofing. The decorative arts are spare and beautiful and....Italian.

Special mention must go the both Claudia and the manager, Marco. Marco promptly took care and followed up with us. Claudia - what a remarkable, competent, and responsive individual who anticipated my next question or need. Terrific! She even phoned an establishment in Montalcino for me and arranged for a purchase of a handbag I longed for...just delightful assistance provided with warmth throughout our stay...and yes, we will recommend this hotel to all our associates.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great compliments that touched several aspects of what 47 is all about!
The personal Staff remarks made Marco and Claudia’s day!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Centrally located near many of the great tourist attractions of Ancient Rome, this hotel boasts helpful, informed staff and wonderful open seated areas throughout for relaxing when you need to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

As well as serving an excellent continental breakfast with very comfortable and modern facilities, by far and away the stand out feature for this hotel for us was the rooftop "Circus Restaurant" where we enjoyed a beautiful meal to celebrate our first Wedding anniversary. A memorable evening we will cherish for years to come. An open roof restaurant with excellent panoramic views over Rome - it's worth the visit for the exquisite menu and dining experience provided by the superb staff alone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Our Circus Restaurant is delighted to have been part of your Wedding Anniversary Celebration!
Maybe it’ll become a tradition?!
irelanf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed in fortyseven hotel in July 2012. The hotel is amazing, I wouldnt look at any other hotel for your stay. We stayed for 5 nights and had a wonderful stay. The hotel is a stones throw away from the colosseum and a 5 minute walk into central Italy. It is a small boutique hotel but is perfect. We had dinner in the rooftop restraunt and it was pricey but well worth it, you will have to try the pasta carbonara in the hotel- I still dream about it to this day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a peaceful, luxury filled central hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the great review! Next time with us, I’ll make sure to get you our Chef Vito Grippa’s receipe for the carbonara.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My amazing experience with the Fortyseven hotel started by communicating via emails, once found this hotel via Trip Advisor, and I found a well communicating stuff that answered all my questions and took notes of all my wishes.
Once arrived the hotel, I got a room that answered all my expectations. The room (with a view, as I ordered) was in the floor I asked, very clean and promising.
The hotel stuff were very communicative and took care of everything we asked for.
The location is very good, it's just near the Plaza Venezia, very close to the Coloseum and just across the Trastevere. Therefore we arrived by foot everywhere we wanted.

I would definitely recommend this hotel - it makes a vacation in Rome to an exceptional experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
How could I have forgotten to respond to such a positive review?!
‘Amazing experience…’ is quite a compliment. A sincere thank you from all the 47 Staff!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This turned out to be a great find and we loved our stay and would highly recommend it. We were in the suite(on 5th floor) with a great terrace view. This 2 room suite was very comfortable while travelling as 2 adults and a child. The bath shower was great.

Marco, the front house manager was so welcoming and even gave our child a hotel 47 tshirt, which she loved, and asked to repeatedly wear throughout her trip :) Thank you to the entire staff at 47, we will definitely stay here again in the future and a special thanks to Marco.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Happy to hear that your vacation time went well with us at 47 and that our 47 tshirt was really appreciated!
See you next time, then.
Personal Guest Relations Manager

Been to Fortyseven Hotel Rome? Share your experiences!