“Great hotel for a great trip” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Christmas&Family special
Ranked #58 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
Spangdahlem, Germany
“Great hotel for a great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We took a flight to Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport, hopped on the train to the Termini station (14 euro a person) then took a metro (subway) to the Colosseum (2 stops), the hotel is not very far from there but I suggest you take a taxi since you will have luggage. It's 10 Euro to the hotel. Once you walk out of the station, make a right and about 50 feet from there, you will see the line of taxis.
Now to the hotel part. When you look at it from the outside, it looks like a regular little hotel, nothing fancy. You walk in and at first, you will be like "where's the reception area" because it is not your normal lobby room. There are 2 little glass desks, one on each side with a receptionist sitting there on a Acer laptop and there are 2 chairs on the other side. At first I thought it was kind of odd and not very professional since I am used to the regular hotel when they give you a map and keys and send you on your way... Not this place. We were greeted by a young lady named Alina. She not only explained the significant pieces of history around the immediate area, she recommended places to eat, called and made 4 different reservations for us at different places and pinpointed every single place you would want to go. If she did not know for sure the exact location, she hopped on her computer and looked it up. It was incredible customer service!
Now to the room. The room was nice and decently large. Mini Bar is stocked up pretty nicely. There are no restaurants or anything in the immediate area so you do not have to worry about people eating outside being loud or anything. The eating establishments are close enough that you can get there with a quick 10 minute walk. The hotel is also right between 2 hop on-hop off stops so if you plan on doing that, it is very convenient. There is a restaurant upstairs on the top floor with a nice view. We didnt eat there but we checked it out and had a drink. I saw a drink because the prices were a little steep. 12.50 euro for a cocktail. It was cheaper at the Hard Rock. I cannot comment on parking because we did not drive here but I would recommend taking public transportation because they drive a little crazy in Rome.
There is a sauna and a pretty respectable weight room. I was pretty amazed with the weight room. There are robes and slippers in the rooms for you. Breakfast was decent. Eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, meats, cheeses, coffee, juice, breads and it was buffet style. Breakfast is served until 1030 so you dont have to wake up too early if you want to eat. Wifi in the rooms was pretty decent. I can't complain.

Sorry if this was kinda long. I try to give as much info as possible. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Big thumbs up to Alina!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
That was an informative review! Thanks.
Our Reception was designed to better assist our Guests in a friendlier fashion. It also helps when you have a friendly Staff!
Personal Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband surprised me with a w/e in Rome for my 50th birthday and chose this hotel for it's location and reviews. I wasn't disappointed.

The hotel is closely situated to the Trastevere district where we had 2 lovely meals at 'normal' prices. It is also close to the Colisseum and Roman Forum, which was a 10 minute stroll. We also walked to the Vatican - along the river until you reach the bridge with the sculptures, took about 30mins and that was with taking photos along the way!.

Our room unfortunately overlooked a side street (didnt get the nice view that hubby requested) but it was quiet & well equipped. If you are charging batteries etc overnight please note that the sockets appear to go off when you turn off the lights - it took us a while to realise why things werent charging overnight!

Breakfast was very nice, good variety and never too busy. We ventured up to the roof top bar on one occasion for a drink - lovely views from up there.

The staff are very friendly and helped us arrange our return transportation to the airport aswell as advising on restaurants in the area.

We both had a fantastic w/e - hoping for a return visit very soon!

Dear Guest,
It’s nice to read that you chose Hotel Fortyseven also because of the Trip Advisor Reviews and you were not disappointed with your decision.
Return Guests are always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. Both centrally and the views around. The staff speak fluent English and were extremely helpful from start to finish. They even made some reservations for me at local restaurants as I knew it would be busy during Valentines. Would certainly recommend it and if I return to Rome, I would stay here again. Thank you!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the compliments!
Rome is such a romantic city and a great place to celebrate Valentines!
I’m glad that the Reception was able to find a restaurant for you. Next time your in town, think about going up to our candle-lit Roof Restaurant.
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great staff, luxurious rooms, walking distance to all the main sites a superb base to explore Rome from. We stayed in February for three nights, the only fault we could find was that unless you like the news channels there was very little on the TV in English. I guess that was a hint to go and explore. Enjoy this cracking Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you had a positive stay with us!
Did you know that we have 300 television channels in several languages! Next time you are with us again, we must demonstrate our new television remote control guides!
Hope to see you soon.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was in Rome with my husband to celebrate our first year of marriage and could not have chosen a better place. The hotel is near top attractions and they have an incredible view. But what I liked most was the friendly staff! Alina (one of the receptionists) treated me like an old friend and helped me to do a surprise for my husband...and him to do a surprise for me!
Love it!

Dear guest,
On behalf of all the Fortyseven Team, a sincere thanks for the very positive review!
We are delighted that you and your husband chose our Hotel to celebrate such a special event!
Comments as yours show us that our efforts are being appreciated and this makes us try even harder.
Looking forward to having you with us again.
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed 10 days at the fortyseven and have no complaints whatsoever. Location, location, location if you are in Rome for sightseeing. Walking distance (if you are into walking) from most ruins and places of interest and a short cab ride for most others. As we received the New Years at the Coliseum we had a great time and at our return to the hotel were pleasantly surprised by a nice little party the hotel had at the circus restaurant in the top level. The fortyseven is a boutique style hotel that is well kept with a lot of attention to detail, the rooms are spacious for Roman standards and they feature full blind mechanical curtains that comes handy as your biological clock adjust from the time zone change if you are a traveler that comes from the other side of the big pawn. "American" style breakfast is served every morning and you can get CNN in English in the room. A nice little bar stocked with the basics is offered in the rooms as well. Staff is always willing to help and make arrangements should you need tickets to get into any of the attractions. In summation a very, very good experience.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay a few days make sure you get a suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the great Tripadvisor review! You touched on a lot of elements at Fortyseven that we are truly proud of and are always delighted when our Guests feel the same.
Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We booked this hotel via the web, very good value in Feb. The main feature of this hotel is the excellent service level given by all staff members. The advice given regarding local restaurants was sincere and very accurate. We can very honestly state that this is the best service we can recall from a hotel in Europe. We are from N America, living in Vienna and I would consider us well traveled. We will for sure stay here on our next trip to Rome.
The front desk staff and the quality manager checked in with us each day!! They were very sorry to see us go, it was the closest you could get to perfect...
Location was also perfect...free internet, great breakfast..nice lounge with international papers.

Room Tip: Rooms are all good, windows are high quality keeping most noise out.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Great review! Thanks from all of us at Fortyseven. We really try to satisfy our Guests and ‘sincere and accurate’ restaurant suggestions is a simple way of doing that.
Hope to see you and the family again!
Personal Guest Relations Manager

Been to Fortyseven Hotel Rome? Share your experiences!