“great room, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Touch of Rome

You added A Touch of Rome to your Saves list
A Touch of Rome
Piazza Risorgimento 14 | Quarto Piano Scala B int.11, 00192 Rome, Italy (Prati)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #63 of 2,892 Rome B&B and Inns
“great room, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

A Touch of Rome is a wonderful b&b located right near the Vatican. rooms are clean, big, has wifi and bathrooms are nice. close to the bus and metro. walking distance to the Vatican and the best gelato place in Rome! Daniele was also very helpful in showing us where to go and places to see.

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was our first trip to Rome and this B&B it was perfectly, located within walking distance of all the sights (Vatican area just a stone away!!!). We booked 2 rooms and it was ideal for us. We are an active family and the location was perfect for the price. The staff, Daniele & Livio, was exceptional and catered to various needs for us. They made our children (14 and 12) and us,feel at home. Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but was not a problem... a lot of places just out of the main door can serve italian and a intercontinental variety of food for a resonable price.

Room Tip: All rooms are provided with free WiFi and personal computer on TV!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We had such a great stay in the "touch" of Rome (room looked onto the courtyard), that we are writing our first TA review. The staff were amazing, including the co-owner Daniele who greeted us outside the Hotel upon our arrival. Once inside, he showed us how everything worked, and gave us a map of Rome and circled everything of note, and planned out our (only :( ) three days.
Room was very small (i think we had the smallest room) but very freshly renovated, clean and high tech! New smart Samsung tv with sky TV and attached full computer with wireless keyboard with integrated mouse pad!
Fantastic stay. We are coming back.
D&V

• Stayed June 2013
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Although Rome is wonderful- it is very busy- and being from a small town, it was nice to have someplace to go to without all the noise and people. We were very happy with A touch of Rome. It can be found in a big piazza- we took the metro from the main train station to Ottaviano- and walked down Via Ottaviano towards the Vatican, once you see the Vatican wall and a Foot locker on the corner- you turn right and go past about two restaurants and there it is! Lourdes and Livio were so nice to talk to and help us with things. Lourdes waited for us and welcomed us to the bed and breakfast- giving us a map and showing us where to eat and how to use the metro etc. They were so great! Room was clean and new. Bed was comfortable.
Only thing I would mention is that there was a swooshing water sound in the apartment above us in the mornings. But that didn't bother me because water sounds make me fall asleep. It must be a washer or something? But both me and my husband found it a great place to explore from- near enough to the metro to use it effectively. Had free wi-fi on your tv- was very convenient. Has an elevator, but we never used it. Could walk to Trastevere within 30 mintues, you could take the bus also- it is right outside. Felt safe in this neighborhood near the vatican.
Found great restaurants, but the best ones we found were in Trastevere (La scala was amazing- make sure you have the one that faces the church- all of them seem to be named la scala down that street!) Da Enzo Al 29- wonderful for fresh made food. If you want a restaurant near by- we always went to Zigaetana- great food- service can be a bit slow, but I think they were down a waiter that night. Food is worth it.

Room Tip: We liked our room- it was the centre room in the apartment.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Prior to our trip we were well in touch with the staff and they gave us some very good advice on arriving from the airport. We were not met by any staff at the front door and they did seem busy after a passerby pointed us in the right direction. The staff at A view of Rome told us that we would be staying at A Touch of Rome instead. I was a bit surprised but the room was clean and our host was very nice. There was no view but there was a teapot and plenty of coffee and tea.

We really never met any of the View of Rome staff and there was no included breakfast so I can not rate their assistance. The location is convenient for the Vatican and bus service/taxi stands was just out the front door.

We stayed 5 nights and had no issues with cleanliness, theft, or any hint of criminal activity. I might stay here again but I will also be looking at other options as well. I am sorry we did not get the same experience at other reviewers we were really looking for the warmth other reviewers shared.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at A Touch of Rome. The room itself was spacious, clean and modern. The location was excellent with buses literally at your doorstep and the Metro a 5 minute walk. I was travelling alone and I found the area perfectly safe.
What made my stay so wonderful were Lourdes, Daniel, and Phillipe. Nothing was too much trouble for them. From organising tours, to recommending places to eat, sites to see, to arranging airport transfers, they did it all efficiently and in a friendly manner. They will go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant and memorable one. This is what I will remember about my stay in Rome.
Thank you again for everything, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I will definitely recommend you to anyone who is travelling to Rome.

• Stayed June 2013
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Surely you've met hotel employees who seemingly just act friendly and helpful because their job requires it. These guys are friendly and helpful, because that's who they are. I anticipated it from reading the excellent reviews, and got a feel for it from their email communications during and after you make a reservation. I arrived and Daniele was there to meet me, show me the room, and how to get around the area, then had to leave for their other property (in the same building) to greet another arriving guest. You can tell they really want their guests to be comfortable, by being willing to show you around the city and giving you their personal contact number.

My room was large, in fact larger than I needed, clean and comfortable. The satellite TV, wireless internet (plus PC/TV), and refrigerator all made for useful amenities and added to the feel of home. You're a few blocks from a Metro station, and in between are all sorts of food and shopping options, and if you can't find a place to eat within that area, you have a very picky palate. While there was no included breakfast, they had a deal with a nearby cafe for a discount breakfast. Walk out the front door and you can see the walls surrounding Vatican City, the entrance to the museum or St Peter's Square is less than a 10-minute walk.

You don't have 24-hour desk service, but you are able to contact someone any time of day, should you need it. I feel B&Bs are typically for those who like to get around on their own, but still appreciate a personal touch, the "mom & pop" level of interaction vs the mega-chains. They even found a way to help me store my luggage securely after I checked out so I could do one last tour before leaving Rome.

If I were to return to Rome, I would definitely consider A Touch of Rome again (or perhaps their sister property A View of Rome).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to A Touch of Rome? Share your experiences!