“a most wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #47 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
“a most wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel and its staff deserve all the praise - they made our stay here most memorable,they even left a bottle of wine in the room on the birthday of my wife,The hotel is perfectly located,restaurants nearby are ideal and reasonably priced- overall the raffaello hotel and staff are one of the best reasons to return to rome

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear kmungo,

Thank you for having shared your opinion- so honest and positive- about us.

We are glad to know we have been able to make your stay here , with us, ...so serene ,pleasant and warm. We are here for that: for YOU, our guests, ...and we can only be happy to know our main purpose - your wellbeing- has been reached.

Until you will offer us the chance to welcome you again- hopefully soon-, we wish you a wonderful December, and serene and peaceful holidays...
Warmest wishes,

1,752 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I visited Rome together with my mother in November and stayed at the Raffaello Hotel. I booked 2 single rooms - one turned out to be quite small (#116) and the other was decent size (#510). I've stayed in this hotel before and really enjoyed my stay.

Our rooms were small but then again these were single rooms. Otherwise rooms were clean and comfortable. TV sets were LCD but VERY small. Bathrooms were good size, and water pressure was good. Free wi-fi and breakfast (very good one) was included. Service was great as well - very friendly and helpful.

Location is perfect: 10 min on foot away from the Coliseum and Forum, close to 2 metro stations and Termini, and close to many different restaurants and small convenience stores.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hey there, Costantin!

Thank you, first of all, for having shared us with the other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind they have a apecial discount.

We would like to thank you, as well, for having chosen us again, and just tell you we are glad to hear you have enjoyed your staying here this time, as well. :)

Wishing you a happy holiday time, we send you our warmest regards, and we are looking forward you for the third time. :)
Best wishes,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The great reviews on trip advisor helped us choose the Hotel Raffael. It was perfect for what we were looking for. A small boutique hotel in the heart of Rome within walking distance to lots of highlights. Very clean, comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff and Elena the concierge were fabulous! Went out of their way to make sure our stay and visit to Rome was fantastic. Elena was super friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful planning our tours and wonderful dining experiences. The best concierge we've ever had. Felt comfortable and relaxed throughout our stay. We were lucky to get a top floor room with a marvelous garden terrace overlooking the neighbourhood. Nice and quiet with plently of privacy. The room itself was a little small, but more than adequate for two of us. Breakfast was great, lots of good fresh selections. Only regret was that our stay was just a couple of days. Will definitely return one day to spend more time. So much more to see and enjoy.

Room Tip: Request a terrace, definitely worth the extra.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Tiina,

If I remember correctly, and I think I do, ...you did throw the coin in the Trevi fountain, so I wouldn't worry about coming back to Rome, if I were you... ;)

As for us, we haven't done anything we wouldn't normally do for our guests, whose wellbeing is what we care about most.

We would like to thank you, however, for appreciating our commitment and enthusiasm, and...just tell you that "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", as Emily Bronte always used to say, therefore...you must be pretty amazing yourself, in order to see the "awesomeness" in others, as well... :)

That being said, ...we are looking forward to your arrival, which I personally hope will be a more than soon one.
Until then, have a serene Christmas, a warm winter holiday, and a blessed New Year! :)
Warmest wishes,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here during the Roman portion of our Honeymoon and loved it. The rooms was nice and clean, the breakfast was great, and the location was very good. It is close enough to walk to most major landmarks (if you are in relatively good shape), and is close enough to Termini to get there quick, but not too close to get all the rif raf. We enjoyed it thoroughly and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear BBHD13,

Thank you for having given us a little bit of your time, it is indeed fullfilling knowing that even after one comes home, he thinks with pleasure and serenity at his holiday, and implicitly, at us... :)

Thank you, as well, for having pointed out one of our power points: the position - 1 km away from the Colosseum, 5 minutes away from Termini, the main train station, as well as from the 2 lines subway stops, but at the same time, in a quiet area, the Monsti district- Rome's oldest district.

Until the next time we will have the pleasure to host you again (we have taken it as a deal already.. :) ), we wish you all the best, a wonderful winter, and a blessed marriage! :)
Warmest regards,
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed in the Raffello during a five-day visit in Rome. We found it to be friendly and very comfortable. The concierge Elena was a jewel, and saved us a great deal of time and gave us some great tips on what to see and how to manage our time.

The room was lovely, overlooking some Rome rooftops. The room size was fine, considering European standards (usually small) and the amenities were very nice. The bed was comfortable (no plastic sheets as another reviewer described!) and the pillow menu was a nice touch to be sure we were comfortable. We ordered a bottle of wine and fruit, which were nicely awaiting us when we arrived.

The bathroom was attractive and clean with nice little bottles of this and that. The shower had some fancy features (knobs and sprays in various spots, high and low!), but was very small! Half the size than the one on our cruise ship! Still, it was adequate to shower in.

The breakfast was very nice. We were greeted pleasantly and offered a cappuccino or coffee. There were a couple kinds of juices, milk, teas; fruits; cold and hot cereals, and meats and cheeses as well as scrambled eggs (again, I think there were eggs), as well as breads and sweet breads. Plenty to get us started!

The neighborhood was nice to walk in. We found some nice spots to buy cheeses and olives, and the hotel recommended some good restaurants and trattorias nearby, which we enjoyed. The neighborhood feels safe. It is fairly close to the Coliseum and other attractions, so, great location.

Let me just thank Elena again. She is bright, sharp and witty and VERY knowledgeable. She is a huge asset to make sure guests find their way around Rome and enjoy their experience.

We plan to come back to the Raffaello next time we are in Rome!

Room Tip: Upper rooms have superior views, obviously.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancyyyyyyy!!!!

So glad to hear from you!!! So I see your cruise have ended, and you have finally got home!!! :)

Even though I would have something to say: it hasn't even been a month yet, and you don't remember our scrambbled eggs?! Grrrrr...these cruisers... :D :)))))

And as I really have to (at least pretend) I work sometimes, as well, ...I would like to take advantage of this occasion and thank you on the behalf of all the Raffaello staff. For having chosen us, in the first place. For having enlightened our hotel with your presence while staying here, for having kept us in your heart until you got home, and most of all...for not having taken for granted our interest, passion and commitment.

I do hope with all my heart you will come back here as soon as possible.
Until then,
Have a blessed December, and a wonderful winter! :)
Regards,
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm sure the hotel itself is great, judging from TripAdvisor reviews - that's what led me to book this place for a single night in Rome. When I showed up at reception to check in, however, I was immediately told that "there was a problem with my reservation" - basically, they had run out of space - and had put my friend and I up a block away in the Verona. The Verona (as I found out later) is a cheaper hotel than the Raffaello, and probably not as nice, but the difference in room rate was never refunded back to me by the Raffaello, so I basically overpaid for what I ended up receiving. I didn't know this ahead of time, and since I was only in Rome for an 18-hour layover, I didn't have much choice but to assent to their choice.

Basically, I can't judge the amenities of the hotel itself (beds, cleanliness, etc.), although I'm sure they're fine, and the location is fantastic (near the Colosseum, the Forum, etc). The one star that I'm giving them, therefore, is for canceling my reservation *after* confirming it two days prior, for not refunding what almost certainly was a difference in price between the two hotels (the Verona was so-so). Even an email ahead of time that said "sorry, there's been a problem" would have gone a long way towards making me feel as though the management of this establishment was genuinely committed to customer satisfaction.

So basically, caveat emptor. Stuff like this happens with hotels, especially smaller ones like the Raffaello, but the lack of transparency and the way in which it was handled is enough to make me stay away during my next trip to Rome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tom,

Firts of all, we are sorry we weren't able to host you, and leave you the impression most have about us: a small boutiquish 3 stars hotel , that treats its guests with warmth and hospitality.

Second, we haven't cancelled your reservation. (cancelling one's reservation means not hosting him, and not offering another service, either).
As far as we are concerned, due to important technical issues which have been accurately explained to you, we weren't able to host you for that evening, but WE DID CARE enough to send you to a neighbour hotel, where we have paid the EXACT amount of money that you have, when paying for your staying here.
As a matter of fact, if you could look at the bill that has been given to you by Hotel Verona, you would see the amount is the same.
If you have lost it, or for any other reason you need the bill of the payment we have made to them, please contact us at info@hotelraffaello.it , and we will fax it or email it to you, as you wish
Rerouting our guests is not something we ordinarily do, but if major issues appear, we do care enough to assure they have an alternative place to stay.
In the end, we are sorry you weren't able to enjoy our hospitality once again, and we hope to be able in the future to just demonstrate what you read about us in the reviews you have mentioned, is true.
Have a blessed Christmas, and a happy and serene New Year!
Regards,
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This very good hotel tries hard to be excellent and it is almost there. After so many hours on the planes, I would have wish for two more things: a softer mattress and one that was NOT covered by plastic. Everything else, including breakfast, location, etc. was great. The room was small but that is to be expected in Europe, and was not a problem. Will come back for sure, but next time I will insist in a more comfortable bed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for having shared your opinion about us, our guests' feedbacks are very important for us.

Coming to your opinion about the mattresses, ...sleeping and confort are something very relative. That was why we had the Pillow Menu added to our services list.

Due to obvious reasons, we cannot do the same with the mattresses, but we are working on a solution so we could satisfy and make all of our guests happy. :)
As for the plastic cover of the mattress, it is there for hygienic reasons, we are sorry you didn't let us know it bothered you so much, we would have taken it off...
Next time you will come back, we hope to be able to pleasantly surprise you with a brand new added service, who knows?! :)
Until then,
Best regards,
Elena

Been to Raffaello Hotel? Share your experiences!