“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 1,266 hotels in Rome
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here during the Roman portion of our Honeymoon and loved it. The rooms was nice and clean, the breakfast was great, and the location was very good. It is close enough to walk to most major landmarks (if you are in relatively good shape), and is close enough to Termini to get there quick, but not too close to get all the rif raf. We enjoyed it thoroughly and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear BBHD13,

Thank you for having given us a little bit of your time, it is indeed fullfilling knowing that even after one comes home, he thinks with pleasure and serenity at his holiday, and implicitly, at us... :)

Thank you, as well, for having pointed out one of our power points: the position - 1 km away from the Colosseum, 5 minutes away from Termini, the main train station, as well as from the 2 lines subway stops, but at the same time, in a quiet area, the Monsti district- Rome's oldest district.

Until the next time we will have the pleasure to host you again (we have taken it as a deal already.. :) ), we wish you all the best, a wonderful winter, and a blessed marriage! :)
Warmest regards,

1,593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed in the Raffello during a five-day visit in Rome. We found it to be friendly and very comfortable. The concierge Elena was a jewel, and saved us a great deal of time and gave us some great tips on what to see and how to manage our time.

The room was lovely, overlooking some Rome rooftops. The room size was fine, considering European standards (usually small) and the amenities were very nice. The bed was comfortable (no plastic sheets as another reviewer described!) and the pillow menu was a nice touch to be sure we were comfortable. We ordered a bottle of wine and fruit, which were nicely awaiting us when we arrived.

The bathroom was attractive and clean with nice little bottles of this and that. The shower had some fancy features (knobs and sprays in various spots, high and low!), but was very small! Half the size than the one on our cruise ship! Still, it was adequate to shower in.

The breakfast was very nice. We were greeted pleasantly and offered a cappuccino or coffee. There were a couple kinds of juices, milk, teas; fruits; cold and hot cereals, and meats and cheeses as well as scrambled eggs (again, I think there were eggs), as well as breads and sweet breads. Plenty to get us started!

The neighborhood was nice to walk in. We found some nice spots to buy cheeses and olives, and the hotel recommended some good restaurants and trattorias nearby, which we enjoyed. The neighborhood feels safe. It is fairly close to the Coliseum and other attractions, so, great location.

Let me just thank Elena again. She is bright, sharp and witty and VERY knowledgeable. She is a huge asset to make sure guests find their way around Rome and enjoy their experience.

We plan to come back to the Raffaello next time we are in Rome!

Room Tip: Upper rooms have superior views, obviously.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancyyyyyyy!!!!

So glad to hear from you!!! So I see your cruise have ended, and you have finally got home!!! :)

Even though I would have something to say: it hasn't even been a month yet, and you don't remember our scrambbled eggs?! Grrrrr...these cruisers... :D :)))))

And as I really have to (at least pretend) I work sometimes, as well, ...I would like to take advantage of this occasion and thank you on the behalf of all the Raffaello staff. For having chosen us, in the first place. For having enlightened our hotel with your presence while staying here, for having kept us in your heart until you got home, and most of all...for not having taken for granted our interest, passion and commitment.

I do hope with all my heart you will come back here as soon as possible.
Until then,
Have a blessed December, and a wonderful winter! :)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm sure the hotel itself is great, judging from TripAdvisor reviews - that's what led me to book this place for a single night in Rome. When I showed up at reception to check in, however, I was immediately told that "there was a problem with my reservation" - basically, they had run out of space - and had put my friend and I up a block away in the Verona. The Verona (as I found out later) is a cheaper hotel than the Raffaello, and probably not as nice, but the difference in room rate was never refunded back to me by the Raffaello, so I basically overpaid for what I ended up receiving. I didn't know this ahead of time, and since I was only in Rome for an 18-hour layover, I didn't have much choice but to assent to their choice.

Basically, I can't judge the amenities of the hotel itself (beds, cleanliness, etc.), although I'm sure they're fine, and the location is fantastic (near the Colosseum, the Forum, etc). The one star that I'm giving them, therefore, is for canceling my reservation *after* confirming it two days prior, for not refunding what almost certainly was a difference in price between the two hotels (the Verona was so-so). Even an email ahead of time that said "sorry, there's been a problem" would have gone a long way towards making me feel as though the management of this establishment was genuinely committed to customer satisfaction.

So basically, caveat emptor. Stuff like this happens with hotels, especially smaller ones like the Raffaello, but the lack of transparency and the way in which it was handled is enough to make me stay away during my next trip to Rome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tom,

Firts of all, we are sorry we weren't able to host you, and leave you the impression most have about us: a small boutiquish 3 stars hotel , that treats its guests with warmth and hospitality.

Second, we haven't cancelled your reservation. (cancelling one's reservation means not hosting him, and not offering another service, either).
As far as we are concerned, due to important technical issues which have been accurately explained to you, we weren't able to host you for that evening, but WE DID CARE enough to send you to a neighbour hotel, where we have paid the EXACT amount of money that you have, when paying for your staying here.
As a matter of fact, if you could look at the bill that has been given to you by Hotel Verona, you would see the amount is the same.
If you have lost it, or for any other reason you need the bill of the payment we have made to them, please contact us at info@hotelraffaello.it , and we will fax it or email it to you, as you wish
Rerouting our guests is not something we ordinarily do, but if major issues appear, we do care enough to assure they have an alternative place to stay.
In the end, we are sorry you weren't able to enjoy our hospitality once again, and we hope to be able in the future to just demonstrate what you read about us in the reviews you have mentioned, is true.
Have a blessed Christmas, and a happy and serene New Year!
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This very good hotel tries hard to be excellent and it is almost there. After so many hours on the planes, I would have wish for two more things: a softer mattress and one that was NOT covered by plastic. Everything else, including breakfast, location, etc. was great. The room was small but that is to be expected in Europe, and was not a problem. Will come back for sure, but next time I will insist in a more comfortable bed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for having shared your opinion about us, our guests' feedbacks are very important for us.

Coming to your opinion about the mattresses, ...sleeping and confort are something very relative. That was why we had the Pillow Menu added to our services list.

Due to obvious reasons, we cannot do the same with the mattresses, but we are working on a solution so we could satisfy and make all of our guests happy. :)
As for the plastic cover of the mattress, it is there for hygienic reasons, we are sorry you didn't let us know it bothered you so much, we would have taken it off...
Next time you will come back, we hope to be able to pleasantly surprise you with a brand new added service, who knows?! :)
Best regards,
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After spending the last 5 days in this stunning city, this hotel was the best refuge we could have hoped for after navigating the cobbled streets of Rome. The service was outstanding from start to finish with knowledgeable and helpful people at the front desk. Check-in was painless and we had two very good meals as a result of recommendations from the staff (Ristorante Tema on via. Panisperna was the best meal of our trip).

The room was fairly big (for Rome anyway), with a really nice bathroom...the bathroom was massive and with the added gloss of a multi-purpose shower, we had no complaints! The bed was a bit hard but with a 'pillow menu' at least you could get a softer pillow!

The walls are a bit thin but after a couple of bottles of vino rosso (and/or blanco) most nights, you didn't have to worry too much!

Breakfast was fairly basic in terms of selection but the quality was great and the waitresses did their best to understand my ropey Italian! The croissant and pastry selections were great...the custard filled croissant was amazing. Freshly squeezed juice along with continental meat and cheese did the job of filling me with enough energy for the day ahead!

Location wise, all the major tourist sites are within walking distance (10-25 mins max.) apart from the Vatican - which I would suggest using the metro at Termini. There are a few bus stops near to the hotel that service Piazza de Popolo for the shopping crazy. At 6 euros for a day travel pass, that seemed the best option for a trip to the Vatican. There are also plenty of excellent restaurants and bars in close vicinity to the hotel and for your customary gelato fix - Fata Morgana is the place to go and is about a 4 min walk from the hotel (ask reception for directions).

The important thing to remember about this hotel is the outstanding value, when compared to similar hotels at this price range. Also, we spent very little time in the hotel as there is so much to see in Rome so get out there and enjoy it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 212, wasn't the worst room but would have preferred something a bit higher but...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear lbdubya,

What would possibly be left for me to say after such a detailed review like yours?! Other then... "Are you trying to steal my job?!" :)

Joking aside ...I speak in the behalf of all the Raffaello staff when thanking you for your beautiful words, and when also saying we are more than happy you have enjoyed your staying here as much. :)
We are here for you, our guests, and your wellbeing is the most important aspect while doing our jobs.
Hoping your next time here, in the Eternal City, will be a soon one, we wish you all the best, and the most serene and warm winter holidays!
savannah, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

A clean, lovely hotel with fabulous staff made our five day stay in Rome a delight. From the check in person to Elena the concierge to Fiorella who made our cappachino in the morning! The hotel is a short walk from the termini train station. It is in a quiet, safe neighborhood with many wonderful small restaurants within walking distance. Free Wi-Fi and internet service available. The best most scrumptious breakfast to start our day!!! The balcony in our room overlooked beautiful Rome roof tops. I found the room on trip Advisor and booked it and everything went perfect! We highly recommend this hotel and location!

Room Tip: Many European guests, so you feel right in the mood of travelling!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mcarpenter8,

We are more than happy your staying here was so wonderful, and that we left you such a good impression.
We are glad you have enjoyed Fiorella and Cristina's cappuccinos, and ...all our reception staff, as well as me, ...are sending you our best regards, and wish you happiest holidays ever!
Warmest regards,
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Picked this hotel based on TA reviews when my 'regular' Rome hotel had no availability. Stayed for two nights. This is possibly one of those reviews to disregard as I booked the cheapest room and was randomly upgraded on check-in to a gorgeous suite with a huge terrace on the top floor. Awesome!!! I literally scrapped my plans and spent most of my time lolling on the terrace, basking in my good fortune. I really liked the location of the hotel: it's close enough to Termini that walking from there with a small amount of luggage is do-able. It's about a 20-minute stroll to the Pantheon, but the walk past the Colosseum is nice and I felt safe walking back to the hotel solo along Via Cavour at 1am. It's also close to Fatamorgana (gelato) and there are some cute bars and cafes in the streets behind the hotel. The Elite supermarket is just a few short blocks down the street. The staff also has a great sense of humour and made me feel very welcome when I arrived early (they set me up with wifi, pastries, and coffee in the sitting area and came to get me when my room was ready a short while later). Finally, the bath gel and soaps smell really nice--like oranges. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Violet,

May I say it?! I know it's not "proffesional", but I'll say it anyway: WE LOVE YOU!!! :)))))

Thank you thank you thank you! First of all, for having chosen us.
Second, for having appreciated what we had to offer (I would like to point out that whenever it's possible, we try to do free upgrades, or to give extra services, and it is nice when someone appreciates that).
Third, ...because of your wonderful words, and of the enthusiasm of your review.

We are here for you, our guests, and we continuously try to do our best for your wellbeing, it surely feels nice when this is not only noticed, but even appreciated.
We are looking forward to your return. :)
Best wishes! :)
Elena

Been to Raffaello Hotel? Share your experiences!