“Great place for a stay in Rome” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #64 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Calgary, Canada
“Great place for a stay in Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Europe which included 4 nights at the Raffaello Hotel. The hotel is very comfortable and clean. Our room was a nice size, the only item to complain about is the size of the shower - very, very small. The breakfasts are delicious with a great variety of food. The location is great - easy walking distance to many of Rome's sights. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear TSFox,

Thank you for having taken your time to write your impression about us, it is something we deeply care for : our guests' opinion, as we highly consider them.

We are more than glad that you were happy with the confort and the cleanliness of your room, for us details are important, we are glad when this is noticed. :)
As for the showers, some of them have hydromassaging features, that is why they seem smaller.

Hoping that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again soon, this time maybe with a bathtub bathroom,...we send you our warmest wishes!

Kindest regards,
Elena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great location, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was nice and the wait staff were very prompt and efficient.

Be aware that if you arrive via train after dark, it's worth getting a taxi from Termini. Although the hotel is only a five minute walk from the station, there were a few spots where street lights were off or were very dim, so a taxi is a safer option.

There are lots of good restaurants in the area (even during the summer break) and it's quite easy to walk to many of the sights, or to get to a Metro station.

A nice quiet and comfortable spot in a busy city!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heags,

Thank you for having given us a little bit of your time, as well as for the tips given to the others...

However, since there is the risk for people to missunderstand your concern, I will say that Raffaello is situated in Rione Monti, the oldest neighborhood in Rome (since the times of Nero)...
The neighborhood itself is very quiet, and by taking Via Cavour from Termini, one gets here in 5 minutes (half a mile to get here).
Yes, Via Urbana is full of small restaurants, taverns, small handcraft shops, and there is also a supermarket, as well as a pharmacy, if one needs.

All this being said, I send you all our warmth, and wish you all the best!

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is basic - a very small room and bathroom but comfortable enough. When in Rome you are most probably going to be out most of the time anyway sightseeing. Termini station, Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica are withing 5-10 mintes - the Colloseum and Forum maybe 15-20 minutes walking. Breakfast was adequate with good cheese and cold meats and eggs and toast and coffee served to you. Plenty of good restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly and are happy to give many tips for good places to eat nearby for true roman cuisine. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear McNallyG,

Thank you for having shared us with the other Tripadvisor users, whom we would like to remind they have a special discount.

We are happy you have enjoyed your staying here, it is what we continuously try to do: take care of our guests as much as possible.

Thank you for having mentioned one of Raffaello's strenght point, as well: THE POSITION.
We are indeed located 100 m away from Santa Maria Maggiore, half a mile away from the Coliseum, and close to both metro lines, as well as Termini- the main train station, but still in a very quiet neighbourhood...

Having said all that, I wish you all the best, and...we are waiting for you again! :)

Best wishes,
Bewdley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a tremendous trip the hotel itself is great ideally located to just get out and about and explore the wonderful sights of Rome the staff are very helpful and Elena is truly fabulous with a very good sense of humour, we walked most places but the Roma passes made travel easier and certainly paid for themselves when avoiding queues at the coliseum in particular. Rome is truly magical when we go back this is the hotel we will stay in again, thanks Elena and all of the staff for making our stay so good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wow! You made me blush! :)

Dear Simon D., ...

Thank you, on behalf of all the Raffaello staff, for your wonderful and enthusiastic words!

We need to hear and see reviews like yours once in a while, it is a full injection of energy.

We are here for you, our GUESTS, and WE CARE, ...that is why receiving such a sparkling review confirms us we are on the good way...

Thank you for having given us your time, and ...WE DO HOPE to have you again soon, take advantage on the new offers! :)

Until the next time,
Warmest wishes!
Teesside, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our 3 night stay at Raffaello Hotel was just perfect. It is conveniently located within 15 mins walk from the train station and about 5-10 mins from the Colosseum. All the staff were very friendly, especially the breakfast staff who were always smiling and said hello, brought you tea/coffee and toast straight away and made you feel happy and cheerful because they were. There was definitely a feel good, positive vibe about the whole place which was infectious.

The breakfast was out of this world. There was so much choice and the nutella filled croissants were delicious as were the scrambled eggs. The breakfast room is smaller than you expect but that never proved a problem because there was always room at one of the tables for you.

Our room was on the 5th floor which meant it was lovely and quiet. However, the hotel is situated on a quiet street anyhow. It was beautifully decorated with gorgeous fabrics lining the walls (not wallpaper), the bed was very comfy and the choice of pillows is a brilliant idea and I would definitely recommend choosing your pillow as soon as you arrive. Just let the Receptionist know and it'll be there ready for you on the evening. (We chose the Gold pillows).

We even had a power jacuzzi shower, which was an added bonus, although the actual cubicle could have done with being slightly bigger for my liking, but it was still fun!

Raffaello Hotel was everything we expected a traditional Italian Hotel to be and much much more. Thank you to everyone who works there. It is perfect and I have already recommended it to all my friends and family. I can't wait to go back a Loved it :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Kizzyfur,

YOUR JOY is "infectious", a lot more than ours, trust me! ;)

First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! First of all, for having chosen us!
Second, for having appreciated all our efforts to make our guests' staying here as serene and as beautiful as possible..
Third, for having written such a wonderful and enthusiastic review! It is the best reward we could dream of, so thank you!

As about us, ...we do our jobs with love and passion, and we are more than glad when this is being sensed, noticed and appreciated. We are lucky to be able to continuously work with people, know and meet different cultures, customs and mentalities, therefore...we feel blessed.
But IT IS nice when people appreciate our efforts, so once again..THANK YOU!
Hoping your wish will become true more than soon, ...we wish you a serene autumn, and a warm welcoming back home!

Warmest wishes, Elena
MIDLANDS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We travelled with our 2 teenagers to this hotel based on the reviews and the location which is a 5 minute walk from the termini and metro in a quiet area of monti district next to some very good restaurants. Eduardo was very friendly and recommended the "Drunk Cow" where the food was excellent. Elena also gave us some great tips for visiting Rome and great restaurant recommendations. The most useful tip is when visiting the Vatican Museums if you use the right door out of the Sistine Chapel this will take you direct to St Peters Basillica and saves at least 1 1/2 hours of your time walking round the outside and re-queuing in security lines for entry.

The breakfast was very good and the staff are very friendly and attentive. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and very welcoming. However, despite this we were unfortunate to have gone out for the day returning in the evening to find our room had not been cleaned, bins not emptied, towels not changed and beds not made. The staff were apologetic and gave us fresh towels but they had experienced staff problems and on that day our room was never cleaned even after advising the hotel. Up until our last day like other travellers we enjoyed this hotel, but our experience on our last day was not what we would have expected.

We would like to say thankyou to Elena and Eduardo for all their help during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear SHIVERMidlands,

Thank you for given us a little bit of your time, it is always important for us to have our guests' feedbacks...
We are glad you have enjoyed your time in Rome, and that our tips were able to help you, even though you're trying to make me lose my job: if you give my tips away online, people won't need my help anymore, will they?! :) :) :)
As for the room cleaning episode you have mentioned, I was here when you were offered the alternative to have the room cleaned right away by the porter, who is here on purpose in the afternoon, but you have totally refused.
The second day you reminded the fact to another of my colleagues, who, after apologizing again (as we have done thee previous day, as well), explained you again what I am telling you now.
If I am not wrong, and I think I am not, ...we did more than apologizing, even though...I will take the advantage and renew the apologies, as it seems they are again needed.
Hoping that you had a warm and serene return home, I wish you all the best! :)
Warmest regrds,
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Preface: The husband is writing this review not the facebook owner
Hotel is about 10 minutes from Termini and fairly easy to find. Decor is nice, staff is excellent, breakfast is nothing to complain about (it's included/free so why would anyone complain, but it is actually tasty with a good selection), rooms were clean and comfortable (well maybe not the bathroom but i'll get to that later), and did I mention Elena (she's great).
Listen to Elena. She has good suggestions and tells it like it is. She is definitely an asset to that hotel, so make use of her time.
My problem with the bathroom is this: I'm 6 ft 200lbs, the toilet is crammed up next to the shower so I have to lean into the shower to sit on the toilet and my left knee is still pressed up against the shower door. The shower was tiny. I could barely fit into it. I would need to be a yoga master to wash my legs as there really isn't enough space to bend over. The shampoo smells weird too but whatever (maybe that is just me). I'm still giving 5 stars inspite of the comical bathroom because that is a minor part of my trip. I spend 10-15 minutes a day in there only so it is a non-factor IMO.
As an example of the service at the hotel, one night our AC died. It ran but the room was unbearably hot. We mentioned it to the staff the next morning before we went out. When we came back after a day of sightseeing our room was nice and frosty.
When I travel back to Rome (I did the Trevi fountain thing so I guess I'll be going back) I would definitely stay at Raffaello again.
I look forward to reading Elena's response (sorry couldn't think of more to write I know you like novels) ;)

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 202 as the view from the window is of the wall from another building and I alr...