“Very good hotel close to Termini Station and Colosseum” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #46 of 1,266 hotels in Rome
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very good hotel close to Termini Station and Colosseum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was in this hotel with my friends over a weekend. First of all the hotel was 700 mt away from Termini station so no need to take a cab or a bus. The hotel room was clean, silent and big enough. The breakfast featured all needed for starting a nice day across Rome. And above all, all this was very reasonable priced! I will definitely reconsider this hotel for future weekends in Rome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Donato,

Thank you for having found the time to share your plesant stay at Raffaello with the others Tripadvisor users, I would like to remind they have a special discount. :)

We hope to have you back more than soon, maybe we will impress you even more this time... ;)
Until then,
Warmest regards,

1,592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife took me to Rome for my 50th Birthday 8 years ago. We loved it and we had always said we wanted to return, so this November when it was my wife's 60th I looked at several options and narrowed it down to Rome, Prague, New York and Venice. Memories of our trip in 2004 decided the issue. A fortunate choice as it turned out.
I worked my way through the reviews for the top 100 hotels in Rome on Trip Advisor, sad I know but being retired I had the time. I shortlisted 10 hotels and chose Hotel Raffaello for two reasons. The Hotel takes the time to reply to every comment on Trip Advisor demonstrating a concern for visitor's experiences' and with over 1200 reviews they had very few in the "poor" or "terrible" classification, in fact over 1100 were in the "excellent" and "very good" categories.
We travelled with our two daughters' and 8 year old grandson, Jake. We stayed from the 10th November for 4 nights.
I asked the Hotel to arrange an airport pickup for 80 euros'. The driver was waiting when we arrived 30 minutes late and we were very pleased with this service which was no more expensive than the five of us catching the train into Rome and the metro.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel I knew I had made the right choice. On reception was Eduardo who was very welcoming and great with my grandson in particular, on one occasion bringing him some chocolates from the kitchen. On our first full day in Rome he also recommended a restaurant, Trattatoria il Tettarello, which was excellent for food and value and only a couple of minutes from the hotel - very welcome after a day around the Roman Forum, Palantine Hill and the Colosseum.
The hotel was extremely clean and my wife and I both slept so well that we felt the bed was the most comfortable we had ever slept in, including our own at home. The pillow menu is a great idea. We had a double room ( 402 ) which did not have a great view, but to be honest the room was so comfortable and we were so tired from spending our days sightseeing this was not important as we just chilled out in the room on our return each evening. Our daughters' and grandson had room 406 which was huge and had a view onto Via Urbana.
Breakfast at the hotel was very good with plenty of choice - cold meats and cheese, scrambled egg, toast, preserves, boiled egg, pastries etc etc. The only downside was the coffee which was dissappointing (instant I think) but I switched to tea, so no big problem. The ladies' in the breakfast room were very efficient at clearing tables and bringing drinks and toast etc. My grandson had a jug of hot chocolate each morning which he really enjoyed.
The hotel is ideally located for all major attractions and on our last day we had a lovely walk over the Ponti Bridge along the riverbank to the Vatican which we had not visited on our previous visit in 2004.
I must also single out Elena for praise. I had exchanged emails with her prior to our visit and she was extremely helpful and also made a great fuss of our grandson which he loved.
We were so impressed with the airport transfer I asked the hotel to arrange for a transfer on our departure.
We will be back to Hotel Raffaello!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Nick,

I have to tell you I have never seen such a detailed and positive review like yours, which I would like to thank you for on my behalf, and on my colleagues' ones, also...
Your review wouldn't have been more explicit even if it had been made by a newspaper, and we are grateful for you having written it.
We really do our job with passion and consideration, and the fact that sometimes that not only comes noticed, but even praised, ..is something that repays us in best of the ways.

As you already anticipated, ...I am answering all the reviews, even if yours left me speechless (and I must say that doesn't happen a lot of times... :) ).

Well, I will be as sincere and as honest when I will say that Edoardo, as well as me, and all my other colleagues who weren't mentioned...ENJOYED having you here. You, and your wonderful family.
We treat all our guests the same, but when we have a positive response, we get to pass to a different level of complicity, and that is just what happened with you, and your family.

I would like to disagree with you on a point: it is not sad that you have searched the hotel where you were supposed to stay by looking and reading Tripadvisor- it is obvious one tries to make the best choice for his holiday. The fact that your needs and expectations weren't dissapointed, ...cannot make us but glad, and maybe a little bit proud.

Hoping we will have you back as soon as possible (even because I promised your grandson a small Ferrari.. :) ) ,
Kindest regards,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel was in a great location, walking distance to a lot of the major attractions.
Staff: was hit or miss. Some of the front desk staff were rude some where nice. We were a little put off when we first got to the hotel.
Room:The room was nice and clean. Our AC was not working, they got someone to come in and fix it. When we got back to our room we found it was still not working. They did give us an extra room key to try to keep the AC on while we were not in the room. AC was an issue for our whole stay. Wifi did not work in the room.
Breakfast: Was really good, a lot of variety. It filled us up for a day of sightseeing.

We probably wouldn't stay here again because of the service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate you have found the time to write your impression about Raffaello. We would like to remind all Tripadvisor users they have a special discount.

We care about our guests' opinions and feedbacks because this provides us the means to improve ourselves.
We CARE about OUR GUESTS, and that is why, if I may say so, allows me to disagree with you on something: a hotel's strenght point is on how fast it solves the guests' problems. And that is what we did when we gave you another key room, as you said, so the AC would still work while you were out.
Concerning the wi-fi, we had it tunned since July, and it works a lot better. We would like to remind that we also have a computer in the lobby, which our guest can COMPLEMENTARY use .

As for the staff, ...you haven't been specific, so ...I apologIze if you might have not felt good taken care of, it is our main priority making our guests feel at home.

Hoping you will have a change of mind and heart,
We are waiting for you again.

Kind regards,
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Raffaello Hotel is very close to the Colosseum, only about a ten minute walk. It also is an easy walk to get to almost anything (took us roughly 20-30 minutes to go wherever we wanted, except the Vatican, which was a little longer). The staff is very friendly, the room was clean, and the breakfast buffet had a good selection of typical European breakfast fare (cheese, meats, breads, etc).

I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for such a concise and positive review, we are more than glad we have managed to impress you in such a pleasant way, our guests' wellbeing is very important to us.

We do our job with passion and commitment, that is why we care about our guests' impression, and use the feedback they give us in order to improve ourselves, and our services.

We continuously try to increase our performance : the concierge service, the complementary computer in the lobby, as well as the coffee machine...would be small examples of our commitment.
Hoping your coming back will be a soon one,
Best regards,
Newbury, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you've just stumbled across this hotel (as we did) while searching for somewhere to stay in Rome - go for it! We've just returned from a four night stay at The Raffaello and all the excellent reviews are well deserved - it's a lovely hotel with delightful staff in a fab location. What more could you want? A great choice!
(Hosteria La Vacca, just a little further down Via Urbana, is a terrific place to eat - fantastic food at really good prices - we loved going there)!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

What more could WE want than a review like yours, ...where we are being confirmed that our main purpose : satisfied guests, that had a pleasant and serene staying...has been achieved?! :)

Thank you...for having spent a little bit of your time writing such an enthusiastic review, it helps us continue to work as commited and as passioned as we have until now...

Hoping we will have you back more than soon,

Our kindest regards,
Hampstead, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

An exceptional hotel with exceptional staff. The conciege Elena is unbelievable. She was so helpful and so much fun she definately added to our trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Richard,

Thank you sooo much for your wonderful words, and for the consideration you have for our hotel.

Speaking on the behalf of everybody, it was a pleasure having you here, and...we hope you will be back as soon as possible.

Speaking on my behalf, ...you are some of the most beautiful persons I have ever met, you are an inspiration.

We are waiting for you...with arms wide open... :)

Wish you all the best,

Elena, concierge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed three nights. Located an easy walk from pretty much everything, the hotel is cosy and welcoming. Friendly, informative staff helped us a lot.
Breakfast was included, and was very good fuel for the days sightseeing. The rooms were cosy, clean and comfortable, although the bathroom was slightly cramped.
One great evening out is to take the short walk to see the Colosseum by night, then stroll back toward the hotel. At the nearest crossroad (to the hotel) of via Cavour is a great little trattoria with a brilliant display of what's on the menu just inside the door! Order the roast chicken for two, its wonderful!
Thank you to the lovely staff for our stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate very much you have spent your time writing down your impression about Raffaello, and we can only be glad your impression was such a good one, because WE CARE.

If we could choose a motto about us, ...that would be it. And that is why it's so important for us knowing you had such a pleasant and serene staying. It only means we've achieved our goal. :)

It is always important for us having a good feedback from our guests, we know that is the only way of improving our services, and add a plusvalue to them.

Hoping the next time we'll have you here you'll be even more impressed,

Best wishes,

Elena, concierge

Been to Raffaello Hotel? Share your experiences!