I'm going to start off with the negatives, as we experienced them, because they do not seem to be reflected in many other reviews.
- Our room smelled TERRIBLY of mold/mildew. We got used to it after being in the room for a while, but it was incredibly overwhelming each time we walked in.
- There was a large window, but it looked onto a brick wall...literally. No natural light at all.
- The shower (no tub, which other rooms seem to have) is so tiny it seemed like a joke. My husband and I are not tiny people, but we couldn't even comfortably turn in the shower. Despite the bathroom being a decent size, it was a teeny tiny corner shower, which had jets that took up more room and we couldn't even use.
When we were checking out the gentleman at the front desk made a point of saying, in a snarky tone, that we booked through expedia (we had actually booked through hotels.com). I'm not sure if this had something to do with us getting a lesser room. This said, by no means did we get any huge bargain.
- Very close to Termini and reasonable cab fare from Centro Storico
- Area is good - restaurants, shops, galleries, etc
- Hotel/room seems to have been renovated recently
- Good breakfast - meats, cheeses, sweet roles, cereal, yogurt, etc
- Access to roofdeck of sister hotel across from Pantheon
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
October 14, 2011
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your comment . I am sorry that you has not informed us of this dynamic during your stay, I assure you, we could fix it by offering you another room.
Every day, our department plans, the pride of the hotel, making a thorough cleaning of the rooms and we do periodically, with the housekeeper, a thorough inspection throughout the hotel. I assure you that your comment will take us to be even more attention in this direction.
In addition, I stress that customers who come through Expedia are absolutely equal to others, our passion and our commitment to make a pleasant stay to all customers are total, and its independent of the source they use for booking in our hotel .
Thank you so much again for your review and I hope to host you again in the future in our hotel.
With kind regards
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.