“Amazing location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #134 of 2,678 Rome B&B and Inns
Catania, Italy
“Amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Cannot beat this location. Walking distance to many important attractions, and a block away from access to the metro which is very easy to use. Was expecting a little more from the rooms, breakfast, and service considering the higher price, but I'm used to staying in hostels. This trip was on a different budget as I was traveling with my mother. I guess you are paying for the central location more than anything. Rooms were small and I think we were in the annex smaller part of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I can't say enough great things about the Daphne! My family of 3 loved it. The staff were wonderful, especially Claudio, who was an amazing resource. The room was small but charming and spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. The room was perfect fir my family. Most important to us was the air conditioning, which worked flawlessly and saved us. The location was also perfect. We were a short walk away from Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc. Barberini Square was a perfect launching point for our daily activities. Also, pay for the airport car service, it's worth every penny. Ask Claudio where to go for the most delicious Tiramisu we ever tasted, which is not an exaggeration. We feel so lucky to have found a room at the Daphne. I can go on and on about this place. Breakfast was so good every morning---i miss the bread and espresso. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2012
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from the Daphne 21March, first thing to say is that it's in a great location just off a busy square and 5 mins from the Trevi fountain. We found this ideal for a short break. Our room was a prestige double but a bit on the small side really, to be fair to the hotel they don't hide the fact that the room is small. Bedroom and bathroom all fine with everything you need. The best thing though is the service from the various people on reception, we met about 4/5 in the three nights we stayed, all really good and helpful. They are all really friendly and offer great advice for the Rome first timers or even if you have been before maybe. We took their advice on various walks around the city and restaurants and bars and were never disappointed. So they get 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'll admit it. I was dubious about going back to Rome. It had been twenty years since my first (and last) visit ... student digs, skanky bathrooms with dubious locks, ubiquitous gypsies, up your coat, in your face, and then so many places were chiuso, ferme, geschlossen ... closed. So. I was determined, this visit to stay somewhere, well, nice! Having done all my research on tripadvisor, we arrived at the Hotel Daphne, tucked away up a quiet street, but still so convenient to everything. Claudio settled us in. After we had checked into our rooms (gorgeous, by the way, spotless, luxe bathrooms, tasteful decor and a window that opened onto a quiet and charming courtyard) and with a couple of hours until dinner time, Claudio recommended we go for a walk. Now, if the hotel hadn't convinced me, this did. Picture sunset, a mild winter's evening, the hush of people just walking on cobblestone streets. Following Claudio's carefully sketched out route on his map, we were entranced all anew by the eternal city. Claudio had told us where to buy the best gelati, carefully marking the spot on his map (proper gelati, the real thing), and then booked us into a local restaurant later that night, not a rip off in sight, divine Roman food - so good that we asked him to book restaurants for us every night of our trip. They were all wonderful. So Rome blew us away and then Claudio booked us a tour of the Forum and the Colosseum, with a History masters student, and amongst everything else we also went on a tour with Claudio around Trastevere, where we stood in awe at the view of the seven hills, tasted local artisan chocolate, had fantastic Roman pizza and just marvelled at this out of the way part of the city, where people seem to live as they always have ... in spite of the tourists. The real Rome. So, thank you, hotel Daphne, thank you, Claudio, and thank you, Roma.

Room Tip: If travelling with family the two rooms on the top floor are perfect. They make a huge suite with tw...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overview - My husband and I stayed at Daphne for 5 nights in September and would definitely return to this modern, boutique b and b. We stayed in the “small double prestige room” with the queen bed and balcony overlooking the courtyard. We had a simply fabulous time.

Room – spotlessly clean, very comfortable, firm bed and pillows, lovely sheets and duvet, room included mini fridge with complimentary bottle of prosecco, free, reliable wifi, kettle with tea selection and in room safe. The bathroom was also spotlessly clean, roomy shower with great water pressure, very nice toiletries and good hair dryer (and I am picky about my hair dryer. I brought my own but didn’t need it here.) Considering we were in Rome we found the bed and bath both a very good size. Our room was extremely quiet during the day and night, no noise issues.

Service – Wow!! As mentioned in many other reviews, the service here is stellar and we have high expectations. We arrived very late to be met by a very friendly Claudio and immediately felt welcome and at ease. There aren’t enough accolades for these wonderful people, especially Claudio and Alessandro. They made wonderful recommendations for us, including restaurants, walking paths and sights: they absolutely made our stay in Rome. Their recommendations weren’t just generalizations, they took the time to ask us questions, find out what kind of experience we were hoping for and then tailored their suggestions to us (including wanting a very typically Roman meal, delicious Armando’s). They made all our reservations and highlighted everything we needed on our map. Thank-you so much for your time commitment and passion, we really had the time of our lives in Rome!

Amenities – good continental breakfast, including pastries, meat, cheese, cereal and yogurt; nice to have lift for luggage and for exhausted tourists at the end of the day; umbrellas in lobby for rainy days.

Location - fabulous, loved being on a quiet street, yet only minutes to all the action. We walked everywhere from Daphne, only 1 minute to Piazza Barberini and the metro stop and a taxi station; about 5-10 minute walk to Trevi and Spanish Steps.

Other – We booked our transportation from the airport through the hotel and it was so worth it, not much more than a taxi and our driver was waiting for us in the terminal, he drove us directly to the door. Alice’s pizza next door great for a lunch snack (standing outside only, we took some on the train to Venice).

Hope we are lucky enough to stay with you again! Really fell in love with Rome and with Daphne.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm a creature of habit. This is my second stay at Daphne Inn Veneto. It's my go-to hotel for staying downtown in Rome, close to sites like the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, etc. It's now also my go-to hotel for staying somewhat close to Roma Termini, the main downtown train/bus/metro terminal, without actually staying in Termini (not a great neighborhood). The hotel is 2 metro stops away from Termini or a 20 minutes walk away (easy if you don't have a lot of luggage). The staff is the highlight of the hotel. They are extremely knowledgeable and give excellent restaurant, site, navigation, etc. suggestions. I stayed again in room 102, which in my previous review, I said was a little noisy from the street level noise. This wasn't a big deal, but just a notice for light sleepers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a great 3 night weekend in Daphne.Warmest of welcomes and great service throughout.We lost our key one evening but had been given an emergency number.Great advice re restaurants,shops,sights etc.Great room and great pizza next door from "ALICE".Lift is a bit cosy!Glad we stayed and we will be back.M & P.

Room Tip: Room 306 wont be beaten.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Daphne Inn Veneto? Share your experiences!