“What's not to like ...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #561 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“What's not to like ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have stayed here multiply times. Change in management is an improvement. Professional and helpful staff that was missing in the past. Valerie in particular was fabulous. It is an excellent location for all sightseeing. Will continue to stay here when visiting Rome.

Room Tip: Front rooms are bright, but you do have the noise from the tram.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When going on a city trip I want to stay in a clean hotel that is close to the centre so I can walk everywhere with a comfortable bed. This hotel has it all. Yes the rooms are small but we were hardly there anyway. The staff is wonderful and helped with everything. The only downside is that we heard the rambling of the tram but if you don't want that you should not stay in the centre. We really liked that the simple (but perfect) breakfast is eaten at a communal table (don't forget to order your cappuccino or espresso (which is included) if you don't want the American coffee that is on the breakfast table). I would definitely go back if we are ever back in Rome.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 316 which is located at the end of the hall so no noises from other guest but you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Was hoping this hotel lived up to expectations, but sorry to say it didn't. Yes, the location is great, the staff are friendly and the breakfast room is charming (although the breakfast nothing special). First two nights I stayed on the side of the hotel where the tram pass by, which felt like being hit in the head by a jet plane every 5 minutes. Finally managed to swap rooms, and end up in a room the size if a queen bed + 25 cm space around it. NOT what I thought I'd paid for, and suddenly no minibar either (just discovered as reaching for a cold bottle of water...) stay away, other nice places in town!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This location of this hotel is fantastic, in the historic center allowing you to walk to many sites.

The hotel itself is just adequate. Very bare bones compared to what I'm used to in the U.S. I admittedly don't have much experience in European hotels and this was my only stay in Rome so I don't know what to compare it to. I had a very small room (which may be typical for this part of Rome, I don't know) with air conditioning that didn't do much to cool off or dehumidify the room. The breakfast was good and healthy but if you're staying there for several days you might get tired of the same thing every day. The most troubling part of my experience though was the fact that the front desk did not give me a wakeup call as promised. I woke up an hour late and almost missed my flight home. Everything was rushed and my experience on my last day in Rome was pretty bad. Forgetting a wakeup call, one that I requested and then re-confirmed, is inexcusable. There was no alarm clock in the room either. The reaction of the front desk was just "oops, sorry".

I also got bad advice throughout my stay from the front desk. For example, they said the line at the Basilica would not be that long that time of the day. If I hadn't ignored that advice and bought a ticket in advance I would have spent an hour in the hot sun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel is just outside of the Trevestere, close to all the atractions. My friend and I walked all over Rome and only used taxis twice to conserve time. Rooms were comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was standard nothing unsusal. Italians idea of A/C is not what Americans usually expect. The front desk staff were always helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We booked and paid for our stay at the hotel, we called in the morning to confirm our arrival and they said ok, when we got there we were informed that there was an overbooking problem and we were going t be transferred to a 'sister' hotel.
The hotel they sent us was only 3 stars and of terrible quality.
It felt like a scam: they book you on a 4 * get the payment and just send you elsewhere.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Locanda Cairoli? Share your experiences!