“Very nice location, great helpful stuff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Internazionale Domus

Save Saved
You added Internazionale Domus to your Saves list
Internazionale Domus
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Piazza di Spagna 20, 00187 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)   |
Ranked #232 of 2,677 Rome B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice location, great helpful stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

It would be a little confusing to find this place: no sign on the entrance. Need to go to second floor for reception. Room is very big and comfortable, provided everything for morning tea. Place is in great location , feeling as you live in nice bed and breakfast small hotel with very helpful stuff: taxi, morning wake up call, maps, internet- ll were provided. If you wish to live in center of of Rome with address : near Spanish Steps( from your window) and do not care about fancy entrance and name on building: you can choose this place and will be happy.

Tsmara

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
internazionaledomus, Proprietario at Internazionale Domus, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Tsmara,

Thank you very much for having spent some time to write your comments on your stay at Internazionale Domus and moreover for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Rome.

I really appreciate that you enjoyed the big room, the complimentary tea and coffee facilities and all other services.
We always do our best to make our clients stay as much enjoyable as possible and I am happy that we succeed this time with you.

I am sorry it was hard for you to find us. I know there is no sign at the entrance but unfortunately we are not allowed to put any sign as "Palazzo Pierret" is an historical building. For your information and for those will read this comment, we are now sending an email before the arrival of our clients with the following information “Internazionale Domus is located at the bottom of the Spanish Steps between Furla and Unicredit Bank ”.

I hope to have you as our guest in the nearest future if you decide to come back to Rome.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

First impressions was were was the hotel no signs just a door ,but We were met by a doorman who showed us the lift (very small) and what floor we needed for the hotel. Once we were in reception we had a very warm greeting and was helped to our room and given all the information that was needed. The room was exactly as the photo we were not disappointed ,it was very clean and had coffee/tea making facilities as well as a few other nice touches at .The staff very friendly,
the location was brilliant . Not only for the Spanish steps but you could walk everywhere no need for the hop on hop off bus.There were lots of good restaurants down the little streets surrounding the square and the metro right next door which took you to the Vatican . Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I really liked this place. It's right there at the foot of the Spanish Steps. And although I was worried a bit as my cab pulled up in front, I was more than pleased once I found my way to the lift/elevator (which was quite odd, as there were no signs or instructions as to where to go) and found my way to my room. I had a FANTASTIC view overlooking the Steps. Reception area is small, but an extremely friendly and accommodating staff. The room was a bit pricey, but had a small kitchenette and very well appointed. The location is just perfect-- centrally located and pretty easy to grab a cab, if need be. :)

Hope to get the exact room when I return in late April :) Looking forward to it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A charming place in a most charming location. Staff went out of their way to help and to find a room to my expectations. Reception friendly and efficient. Room was as good as always ( I stayed in same location a few times before ), cozy and very clean.
I cannot find anything I did not like.
To get to top of the tops? Please put a Nespresso machine...
Highly recommended as you cannot be in a more central location in Rome, close to everything and yet feeling in your own residence. A bit noisy? May be, but only because you cannot silence the thousands of tourists on the Spanish Steps.
Giacomo

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst hotel on my whole Europe trip. When we arrived the lift is so small you can't fit a pram in, then when we arrived our cot was not available and they could only get it the next night plus i requested a bath tub which i didn't get. We were on level 3 and it was a nightmare going up and down each time with the pram as I had to use the steps.

The rooms are so noisy that you can hear the showers and people blowing there nose and coughing in there shower. Each time someone walk in the halls ways it was so loud.

Only thing good was the location and the room size was good

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Internazionale Domus for your stay in Rome and for sharing your experience with us. We think that negative comments can help us to understand where we fail to improve our service.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and I regret for all the inconvenience we caused you.

As far as it concerns your complain, I would like to clarify that we had some problems with the new website and unfortunately we have not received the request regarding the baby cot and the bath tub.
We truly apologize for that but would like to inform you that the problem with the website has been solved and this kind of problems will never happen again.
Upon your request the baby cot was provided the morning after but as far as it concerns the bath tub, unfortunately we were not able to satisfy your request because all our Queen Deluxe Suites have shower only.

I hope next time you will be visiting Rome, you will give us the opportunity to make you change your mind regarding the stay with us.

Le Tignet, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a disappointing stay. The quality vs. price was poor and I expected more. Internet was slow, there was no breakfast served, it was noisy despite our room not facing Piazza di Spagna. However, staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
internazionaledomus, Proprietario at Internazionale Domus, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Client,

Primarily I would like to thank you very much for having chosen Internazionale Domus for your stay in Rome and moreover for your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that we did not match up your expectations.
I certainly agree with you that the location is busy but, as you know, Internazionale Domus is located in one of the most famous square of Rome and it is visited by hundred tourists every day.

Nevertheless I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our concierge service and that everybody at Internazionale Domus was friendly and helpful. This is one of our strongest point as we always take care of our clients and their needs.

If you have the opportunity to come back to Rome, I hope you will reconsider to stay with us again so that we will have the opportunity to make you change your memory of Internazionale Domus and your stay with us.

La Jolla, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This immaculate, charming hotel apartment made us feel we were in Rome to LIVE! High, domed ceilings, herringbone-patterned hardwood floors, a spacious kitchen, living room and bath with window directly onto the steps and another across the living room to the next street for easy air circulation. The bed was comfortable, the receptionist always ready to help with reservations and guides, and the toiletries were lovely. We clearly heard loud voices during a conversation between management and housekeeping (or some such pair one morning,) and occasionally heard a voice of a guest next door. No bother. We used the efficient aircon at night, but otherwise felt quite cool and comfortable. We felt even better about our Domus treasure knowing friends were spending a fortune at The Hassler while we paid a quarter of the price for a far better views and far more space as well. Next time, they will book the Domus, too. Such lovely people.

Room Tip: We stayed in Allegri, with its lovely window. Next door was a room with small terrace for the same b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Internazionale Domus? Share your experiences!