“Unforgettable Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 888 Activities in Rome
Type: Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer unique, entertaining and joyful Segway Tours in Rome. Discover Rome with a certified Chef on a Segway and get to know all the fascinanting stories about the roman gluttony. Not to forget the delicious lunch which will delight all your senses.You can also enjoy the heart of Trastevere with all its charming places, especially by night.
East Hampton, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently returned from a trip to Rome and our first day there we scheduled an all day Segway tour with our guides, Leo and Max. Needless to say it was the most fun I have had in years. It is the absolute best way to see as many sights as possible with guides that are both extremely knowledgeable and incredibly entertaining. I would highly recommend this tour for all ages. When I return to Rome I plan on putting it at the top of my "to do" list for round two on the Segway with Rex Tours!

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
“Quite honestly, the highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Sightseeing on a segway had always been on the back of my mind however I never booked prior to our trip. It was our first night and we had not planned much for the next day so I thought why not do a segway tour to get an overview of Rome. It was about 8pm, I searched via tripadvisor in our hotel room to look for a tour company. Fortunately our first choice went to voicemail. I then tried Rex tours and surprisingly someone picked up! I then booked for 4 people to do the Ancient Rome tour at 9.30 the next morning, I was relieved that I got through!

Their office is in a small laneway, easy to miss but luckily we had our maps. We were greeted my Max and he got us to sign a few forms and we then went to the courtyard to do some practice, mind you there were four others with our party of four. There we met Leo, whom was Max's brother. Leo guided me throughout the training, I was very nervous and I've always had trouble balancing (I cannot ride a bike so you can imagine). He was very attentive, telling me to relax etc. When I was ok with it he let me practice around while he started helping another person but kept checking on me throughout.

In the end our family of 4 had Leo to take us around and the other 4 were guided by Max. Throughout the tour Leo was very careful, talked us through the history of Ancient Rome, stories behind it - it was all very interesting and I was never bored! We had an older adult at 60 years and he really got the hang of the Segways too! (At first in the courtyard we were worried that there maybe a Segway tour wasn't right for the whole family). Leo helped us take many pictures and our 3 hours flew. I loved the Segway and could not help but feel very fortunate that we had one when we were going up hills as I saw other tourists get tired from walking up. I did not ever feel at one point in danger.

In the end we got back to the office slightly early as there were barely any traffic when we went (we were not rushed at all). We sat in the office to finalize payment and Leo sat with us and talked about life living in Rome, how things work and day to day stories. He also drew on our map attractions to visit, recommended us places to eat (as he was very passionate about food, being a previous chef himself). I'd say we spent half an hour chatting to him. It was great and could not thank him enough. We had lunch at a restaurant at he same courtyard after his recommendation and no doubt food was great!

A few days later while we were wondering the streets near the Spanish Steps someone stopped me to say hi. At first I was thinking who would I know in Rome however recognized it was Max. He had remembered us!

Rex tours are run by both brothers who are so friendly. We were saying when we go back to Rome I would definitely visit Rex again - because the tour was so fun and because they are great people themselves. At the end of the trip we felt as if we made new friends only in the span of the few hours. I definitely recommend Rex tours and we wish them all the best with their business.

Hong Kong, China
19 attraction reviews
“See Rome Up Close and Personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our segway tour of Rome was at night 6.30pm to 9.30pm and was fantastic. Easy for all over 15 years after a short instruction and such a wonderful and fast way to get around. Go almost anywhere reached on foot (stairs excepted)and then off at 5-20kmh to the next spot. It's a personal guided tour through the narrow cobbled streets, lanes, and roads with plenty to see, photo, and move on; we managed to see such a lot in one 3hr evening trip than most on bus or coach would take see in a day or more. And with no real energy spent walking. It's hop on hop off and a fun trip included with a great guide. Thanks again to the REX team for the experience it was truly a great way to see all and have such fun doing it and well worth the money. Hope to see you again on our next visit.

Sydney, Australia
“Best way to see Rome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We LOVED our Segway Tour. My husband and I have never rode on a Segway before, but Max was very good at teaching us - it's not hard at all. We had Max all to ourselves that day and he took us around all the major sites - Forget about walking on the uneven cobblestones until your feet are worn out. The weather was brilliant even though we had a few drops of rain it cleared to be a beautiful day.

Out of all the tours we did - this was our favourite, Max was a very funny guy and made us feel welcomed and relaxed - He has a lot of knowledge about Rome and his Segway tour is very honest and organised. Each Segway was equipped with a bottle of water, good quality poncho (in case of rain, but we didn’t need to use ours that day) and a small to medium size storage compartment for little snacks, place small items of clothing or electronics, etc..

We would recommend bringing your cameras and video cameras – we used our SLR and GoPro’s on this trip it was perfectly safe and easy to carry or place in the storage compartment located on each Segway. We left our bulky items and handbags at the meeting point office which was safely locked up and only took what we needed.

On our tour, we even had other tourist come up to us and take pictures with us, we never felt rushed and thoroughly enjoyed the tour - we wish we had done all the Segway tours, except we were leaving Rome the next morning. Thank you Max for your good company, humour and for pointing us to a nice pasta place and to the best gelato we have ever had.

Leuven, Belgium
“Experience of a first-time Segwayer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you have never been to Rome, please take note that everything in Rome seems deceptively close to each other on the map, but in reality... I had two maps from different places, but both are without a scale. Once I walked for more than one hour to reach a certain place, thinking it should be close, and that certainly delayed my schedule considerably. For those who have limited time in Rome, and yet wish not to miss out too much, I'd recommend to try on a segway tour to get an overview of the city first and then go back to places of interest if you want to. After all, not all places in Rome are worthy of visiting for prolonged time.

I chose to go for a night tour by segway, the night before I left Italy, thinking that I might as well try something new while visiting the city. Not to mention I was already a little tired for traveling from Venice to Rome on the same day, so walking tour is probably not a good idea for me. When I reached the company, Leo, the tour guide informed me that the weather forecast said it might be raining that night and others in the tour had chosen to reschedule to another date and time. I was in a dilemma, as I had a morning flight to catch on the next day, but also felt bad for insisting to go on a tour while I was the only customer, knowing that it might rain. Leo was very kind and assured me that was fine with him. He's just concerned that I might feel uncomfortable if I get wet in the rain. I thought: OK, maybe just try to learn how to ride on a segway and only visit some part of the attractions. That's good enough for me.

So we're practicing in a small yard close to the company for about 15 minutes. I was rather nervous and my legs couldn't stop trembling at the beginning, but Leo was very patient and had faith in me. We practiced until I felt confident enough then we started our journey! Leo is very charming, passionate about what he does and really loves his city! You can feel that when he's introducing the places and the history behind them. Other than that, he had also taken great care of everyone's safety when crossing main roads or busy streets filled with tourists. It wasn't easy for me but because of Leo's help and instructions, everything went smoothly. I think that's the most important thing, as I was there for vacation, not testing how good the Italian medical facilities are...

3.5 hours went by very quickly, but still we managed to stop by for gelato! Leo, thank you again for such enjoyable and "private" tour! I truly felt fortunate that night, not only because of the nice weather, but also having you as my tour guide. Look forward seeing you next time I come back to Rome (as I threw a coin into the Trevi Fountain like how Leo taught me!) and will certainly recommend this company to anyone who's visiting Rome! Ciao!