“When in Rome....................” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 888 Activities in Rome
Type: Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer unique, entertaining and joyful Segway Tours in Rome. Discover Rome with a certified Chef on a Segway and get to know all the fascinanting stories about the roman gluttony. Not to forget the delicious lunch which will delight all your senses.You can also enjoy the heart of Trastevere with all its charming places, especially by night.
Skipton, England, United Kingdom
“When in Rome....................”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

After we had walked our feet off for two days, which is what you do in Rome if you want to see the many spectacular sites, we arrived at Rex Tours for our segway tour.........not knowing what to expect and never having been on one before I was a little excited if not apprehensive (unlike me..). Max was our guide and what a great,entertaining, informative morning we had. The segway is really simple to 'drive' and actually made us very popular, lots of people taking pictures of us whilst on them......I would thoroughly recommend this as a way to see the sites and learn about Rome's history................Thanks Max........and also for the best espresso and gelato in Rome.......

Visited December 2012
Rex-Tours, Proprietario at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear CoopersCafeBar,

thank you for your charming review.
In Rome we are lucky to have such a good gelato and espresso bar :)
I just brought you to my favourite places and i am happy that you appreciated them :)
During our Rome-City-SegwayTours we try to show you not only the most important and charming
baroque and renaissance spots, but also a bit of our culinary culture.
Come back soon.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best tour in Rome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I didn't have much time in Rome and wanted to see as much as possible, so we decided on Rex-Tours Segway tour. This turned out to be the best decision. Not only can you cover a lot of ground and see many interesting parts of Rome, but its FUN riding those things and the guide is very knowledgeable and funny! Definitely doing this tour again next time we are in Rome!

Visited December 2012
Rex-Tours, Manager at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Michael,

thank you very much for your review.
I had a great time with you, too.
Looking forward to seeing you the next time you come to Rome.

Best regards,

Rex-Tours
New York City, New York
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Rome is certainly an overwhelming city in terms of history. Using the Segways and having the knowledgable and amiable Leo as our guide, my family and I were able to cover 10 times the amount of areas and history in comparison to walking. It was a ton of fun and very informative. Definitely worth the money. With only 5 days here, this tour really gave us an in-depth look at the majority of notable Roman sites. Lastly, Leo's knowledge of the city allowed him to give us little fun facts here and there that are not found in the books we read. I would indeed recommend this to anyone visiting this wonderful city.

Visited December 2012
Rex-Tours, Proprietario at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear MHG24,

thank you for your nice review.
Segways are the best solution for a short visit in Rome. As you could experience the Segways allow you to cover a lot of ground without any effort :) To combine the ancient history of Rome with such a modern transporter is a perfect match! Fun is guaranteed.
Thank you again for your recommendation.
All the best.
Leo
“Those guys are the best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my fiance were welcomed by Leo, which is a very friendly guy. We were in a hurry to get there in time, so we just picked something to eat from campo dei fiori. He said we shouldn't rush, and made sure we finish eating first. His brother Max also offered us a cup of coffee from a nearby shop, without charge. Leo is great ! He took us for a short training course on the segway, and then we went in for the tour. He always made sure we are safe. Leo seems to know so much about Rome. He really likes it, and wanted us to like it too. He gave very good explanations and made sure we understand everything. When it got late, it became a bit cold. He gave us jackets, and at one point he even offered his own for my fiance which was very cold. He also said that if it's too cold for us, we could postpone the rest to another day. After we finished we had a nice talk, and he recommended some place to eat, since he is a chef. The restaurant that he recommended was great, and we also saw his brother Max there, he saw us and congratulated us for our engagement. Those guys are awesome, I'm happy that I chose to see rome with them on my first day, and would recommend it to anyone !

Visited December 2012
Rex-Tours, Proprietario at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guy,

thank you very much for your enthusiastic review and for posting the beautiful pictures. It has been a special Rome by Night-Tour for me as you got engaged on this rome trip. It was a fantastic experience to be at the Colosseum with you and Malka and nobody else due to the cold weather :) We try to be prepared for every weathercondition, so you can get the best out of the segwaytour.
Wish you all the best for your future and congratulations again.
Leo
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Seriously...the only way to see Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Unless you are a mountain climber and are looking for a grueling 3-day hike, seeing Rome by Segway is the only way to go....And you can see basically the whole city in 3 hours. It is a really hilly city and lots of the historic buildings are at the top of a hill. It was well worth the cost for our family of 4 (2 kids ages 12 and 14). Anyone can figure out how to drive it, so even our 12 year old navigated easily. Our guide was Max. He was good about customizing the tour based on what we wanted to hear about, which was nice since the kids were a bit jet lagged. There is an amazing coffee shop one block away...best we have ever had. Don't recall the name of the cafe but Max sent us there.

Visited December 2012
Rex-Tours, Direttore at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Cowgirl,

thank you very much for your review.
Ancient Rome is always a beautiful tour and it is nice to see that you liked it as much as I do.
I hope the jetlag didn´t get in the way during the rest of you Rome trip:)
See you in Rome again, soon.