“Brilliant way to see Rome and such fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 721 activities in Rome
Type: Segway Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We offer unique, entertaining and joyful Segway Tours in Rome. Discover Rome with a certified Chef on a Segway and get to know all the fascinanting stories about the roman gluttony. Not to forget the delicious lunch which will delight all your senses.You can also enjoy the heart of Trastevere with all its charming places, especially by night.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Brilliant way to see Rome and such fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Having read reviews about Segway tours, our curiosity was piqued and we were keen to give it a go. We booked with Rex Tours and were not disappointed, it's such a fun way to see the sights of Rome. We were taken on a tour with Max and as it was just my husband and I, we felt like we had a personal guide. I admit I was nervous first of all - as it does seem really daunting, but Max patiently spent about 20 minutes with us both, making sure we knew and understood how to control the Segway - and I can honestly say it's not as hard as it looks! Max is funny and very knowledgeable and although we've been to Rome a few times before, we still learnt something knew. We were taken to some of the major attractions but also to the Jewish quarters, Jewish rose garden, the Knights of Malta HQ and parts of the Capitoline Hill and we leart the fascinating history of the Sabians.
I loved the way the crowds parted as we drove through the busy streets. A lot of people seemed intrigued by the Segway.
Segway is a fantastic way to see Rome, we felt very safe throughout the tour- so thank you Max and Segway Tours!

Rex-Tours, Manager at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Vinciebabe,

thank you very much for your comment.
I had a great time, too.
The next time we will discover more treasures this marvelous city hast to offer.
Until then I wish you all the best.

Massimiliano Marroni

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
“Perfect family Rome tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We discover Rex-Tours by internet, and satisfy a lot our expectations! We spent a great night Segway tour with my wife and our teens. Leo's a fantastic guide! The segway tour is the best way to know and enjoy Rome, get easy a quickly the gorgeous sights and take a break learning the history and relevant anecdotes gave us by Leo! If we'll have the opportunity to come back positive we do it again! Rex-Tour thanks for an amazing day!!

Dear Jeglopez,

I really appreciate your review.
The tour was great fun for me, too.
I am waiting for your next trip to Rome. ;)

Zurich, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
“A perfect way to tour the Eternal City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Leo gave us an exciting Segway tour through the centre of Rome. The Segways are a lot of fun per se, plus Leo's enthusiasm and detailed knowledge of the history and relevant anecdotes surrounding Rome's many sights - it all makes for lasting memories.
Rex Tours popped up on my iPhone Map App by entering the search word "segway" on Campo de' Fiori. Rex Tours' base is only a few steps away from that square. With just a few hours left before our departure, Leo offered a tailor-made tour to the must-see spots we hadn't visited yet. I loved the detailed knowledge he shared with us, including recent research results by archeologists as well as memories of old-school Roman citizens from his network.
Due to his background, Leo combines German reliability and straightforwardness with Roman savoir-vivre. We spoke German - but he would do at least as well in Italian and English, too.
Thanks again, Leo! I'll certainly be back on my next visit to Rome!

Dear Christoph,

thank you very much for your review.
I enjoyed the tour with you.
I hope I have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“OMG Fantastic night tour of Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We are extremely thankful another Segway company in Rome referred us to Rex-Tours when they we unable to accomodate us in such short notice. Leo did a fantastic tour showing us so many sites all over Rome on the Night Tour on Sunday. Leo is so knowledgeable and the Segways were so easy to use, that we would do it again in a heartbeat. We spent over 3 hours learning the history and seeing the sites and then he advised us on where to eat that night after the tour. We recommend Rex-Tours and Leo without reservations and really thought we got a great deal for our money.

Dear Joe,

thank you for your review.
I had lots of fun, too!
I am looking forward to seeing you again in the eternal city.

Toronto, Canada
“Seg-tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I'm extremely thankful I ran into Massimiliano on a sunny afternoon last week.
Me and my girlfriend spent an amazing day looking at all the gorgeous sights of Rome and were blown away by the beauty of the city and the people.
Our tour guide, Massimiliano, made the day an unforgettable experience and we're definitely doing a tour again if we should ever have the possibility to visit the city again.
Maybe at night next time.

, Manager at Rex-Tours Segway, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Jan,

thank you for your review!
I had a good time, too.
See you the next time you are in the eternal city.
Kind regards,