“Lovely hotel. Full five stars.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aleph Hotel Rome

You added Aleph Hotel Rome to your Saves list
Aleph Hotel Rome
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via di San Basilio 15, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off Plus Breakfast!
Ranked #437 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
“Lovely hotel. Full five stars.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two kids aged 4 and 2 for October half term and thought the hotel was great. We got a really cheap deal on Expedia secret saver hotels and were delighted with the value for money we got.

The property is luxurious, with a trendy lobby area and stunning roof terrace. The hotel kindly allocated us interconnecting rooms on the 5th floor - perfect for a family. The rooms were spacious and modern and we never heard any noise at all.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and were so nice towards our kids. They went out of their way to give us a good experience and nothing was too much trouble.

The location is great. Central enough to be able to walk everywhere but not right in the hustle and bustle of the Fontana di Trevi, so we found it a relaxing place to stay.

Yes, the prices of food and drink in the hotel are expensive, but when you compare with the rest of central Rome, they are actually reasonable.

All in all, this is a great place to stay and I would choose to stay there again when I am next in Rome.

Room Tip: If you are a family, request interconnecting rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure how Boscolo Aleph is a 5 star property? Maybe we just had an old, grimy room and they have some newer renovated rooms but we paid a hefty penny to stay at this hotel and were thoroughly disappointed. If you do decide to book, make sure to ask for a newly renovated room (if there is such a thing). The lobby of this hotel is quite deceiving...it really makes the place seem luxurious. However, once you take the elevator up you'll immediately feel like you're in a a motel (we were only on floor 1 and were told the hotel was sold out so we couldn't be moved to a higher floor). And upon arriving in your room, the motel feel continues. The room was honestly the worst room we've stayed at during our 2 week stay in Italy so far. We were really shocked. The bathroom is a bit more modern but really ridiculous. The shower has no door...so water literally gets everywhere as you shower. We ended up switching hotels for the last 3 nights we were in Rome and stayed at Hotel Dharma, a boutique hotel, which was SUBSTANTIALLY nicer. I would definitely recommend Hotel Dharma over Boscolo Aleph.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Boscolo offered us the perfect stay for an enjoyable city break. The hotel is centrally located, with easy access to public transportation and excellent local restaurants within walking distance.
Our stay was made even more enjoyable by the wonderful staff. The front desk provided us with helpful recommendations to sight seeing, transportation and the best restaurants. Special thanks goes to Salvatore, who not only seemed to know all the best restaurants, but always made sure we got reservations and a good table..
The breakfast was great, choice of menu or a sumptuous buffet. Again, made perfect by the efficient and warm service , provided by the restaurant manager, Ciara. We so much enjoyed our stay at the Bosolo that we are sure to return.

Tip: Check out the night before, as the desk is very busy in the morning.

Room Tip: We had room 202, nice, roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just had my first European meeting at the Boscolo Aleph for 30 people. Alessandra who looks after you while you are there and Giulia were perfectly attentive. I cannot fault the staff in any way from the porters, through front desk to the great guys in the bar, the attention to customer satisfaction was first rate. I stay in A LOT of hotels and can honestly say I have never felt more at home at a hotel.
My only gripe would be the cost of drinks, €9 for a beer is a bit much ;)

Location is awesome as well 9/10

This is now my hotel in Rome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Milan Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Boscolo is always a guarantee for me, it is one of my favourite hotel chains around the world. In Rome I have been to the Palace in Via Veneto, to the Exedra and they are both wonderful and classic . The Aleph on the contrary is elegant but in another way, It is more contemporary or chillout. Starting from the spectacular bar and the hall to the spacious rooms it offers real class and a Spa in the center of Rome, just a few minutes walk from Via Veneto. Its position is also very quiet...because it is not on the main road. Here you can be very close to some attractions in Rome and enjoy a stylish holiday. What I remember about this hotel was the kind assistance of the hotel staff , the attention to the customer and the spacious rooms .... there is also a high attention on functionality and comfort. Keep in mind however that you must like the style of the hotel which is totally different from Exedra and Palace, the latter being absolutely my favourite in Roma. My room in Aleph was mainly white with modern furniture... The SPA is not very big but quite stylish....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lanzarote, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Boscolo Aleph with my boyfriend, Jeff Shuman in late September for four nights. What a treat ! The hotel is right in the heart of Rome. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast experience. Enrico and his staff were always attentive and welcoming! What can I say, a stunning hotel, scrupulously clean but for me personally, the staff made my stay more enjoyable. Thank you to the reception and doormen for their constant advice and warming smiles.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Puerto Calero, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire, was a hotrate deal so didn't know which hotel I was booking till I paid for it. Absolutely loved staying here the staff was great, very helpful and attentive. The morning breakfast was something I looked forward to everyday, not just because of the food but also because of Enrico and his excellent staff. Never stayed at a Boscolo Hotel before but enjoyed it so much we chose to stay at the Boscolo in Florence as well. Unfortunately for us Hotwire's not so good at Standard Rate bookings. We went on Hotwire and booked the Boscolo in Florence, or at least we thought we did. There's only one Boscolo in Florence and the surrounding area. Unfortunately Hotwire is still listing a former Boscolo Hotel from over 3 years ago as the current one, and that was the one they booked us into, it's now call the Hotel Del 500, but Hotwire even after being informed of their mistake still haven't corrected it. What's worse Hotwire refuses to refund all the money I paid them to stay at the genuine Boscolo in the center of Florence, where as the hotel they booked us in is a 20 to 30 minute taxi ride from the centre and isn't even located inside the city limits of Florence. Mistakes happen, but it's Hotwire's horrible customer care centre and not it's mistake which has made things so much worse. So my girlfriend and I had to pay twice for our stay in Florence because Hotwire has inaccurate info on their website. While I won't be using Hotwire anymore I'll definitely be keeping Boscolo Hotels on my short list of places to stay when I'm in one of their cities. Hotwire could definitely learn a thing or two about customer care from Boscolo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aleph Hotel Rome? Share your experiences!