“95% perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale delle Provincie 103, 00162 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #432 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
“95% perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

So, me and the GF are sat here in the lounge waiting to be picked up for the airport. What can I say about HDP?
We had room 110 (right next to reception)
Our room was very clean, and maintained every day without fail.
The staff were only too happy to help.
Breakfast, although basic continental, was fresh and consistent every day.

The absolute only downfall we had was it was a little noisey, the walls seem a bit thin, and being next to reception, it was notable. This may not be the same for other rooms though.

Metro station is maybe 10-15 minutes walk straight from the hotel, everything can be reached with the A and B lines (bologna metro, on the b line, is closest to HDP)

Would happily recommend this hotel to anyone wishing a Rome experience and not wanting to pay through the nose.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Should have read Trip Advisor before I stayed here, I had room 120 on the ground floor, it smelt of damp and was damp, with no windows. we arrived at around 2200hrs and they offered to change the room the next day.

The bathroom extract fan did not work and was hanging off by it's wiring, the paint was peeling off the bathroom walls.

The breakfast is very basic, although the roof restaurant offers good views over the local Industrial area.

The location of the hotel is too far out of the centre and the tourist attractions, although the station Piazza Bologna is about 15 min walk away, but it was a hassle each day getting to the attractions.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff, who are very friendly and helpful, I could not fault their service.

Overall I would not select this Hotel for my next visit to Rome which is an unbelievable City well worth a second visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are small but especially avoid room 120 and any next to the lift
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My fiance and I had a short trip to Rome - we're the types that takes breakfast at the hotel and No complaints there what so ever... We bought ourselfes 3 days pass to the public transportation and combined with Google Maps it makes a ideal spot to enjoy Rome....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

PROS: Staff was quite friendly. We were a bit late when we should've checked out and they didn't make a fuss about it. They also organized a taxi for us and it was even early and everything worked out fine.

The ROOM was CLEAN, they have a SAFE ( a rather SMALL one though, you can put in a camera or wallet but no Ipad or such) and all the facilities you need. The BATHROOM is CLEAN and quite big.

Wifi worked fine. It was not super fast but good enough.

CONS:

DISTANCE

It's about a 10 min walk to the Metro station Bologna. From there you are only three stops away from Termini where you can take every line and go to see the most important things like Colosseo etc, in a few minutes. However all in all it takes you about 30 min to get there.

It's not too far away but I'd STAY CLOSER TO THE CENTRE next time. It has SOME SHOPS around and also RESTAURANT but it's not really an interesting or beautiful place to stay since it's not very lively but not too noisy either.

I didn't like the BED. It was quite SMALL with a rather FIRM MATTRESS and HARD PILLOWS.

The BREAKFAST was good if you are into COLD and sweet stuff like croissants. No hot food ( like scribbled eggs, pancakes or sausages or such) You can choose between an machine orange juice or make fresh one but there is just a huge MESS WITH JUICER. Staff seemed a bit overwhelmed here. You sometimes had to WAIT for new glasses or a knife or so.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pros:
Clean
Firm mattress
Free breakfast
Small supermarket opposite (Tuodi)
Staff happy to phone the taxi company

Cons:
Room not available and sent to Hotel Galles (lower standard) for one night. Staff apologised but no compensation as promised.
Noisy from 6.30am - traffic on the road, noise from other rooms.
Heavy bedroom doors which are frequently banging as other guests enter and leave their rooms.
Too far out from the centre for our liking. We are no strangers to being on our feet all day but the travelling took up too much time. Please note that the metro system is rather spread out in central Rome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had to give this review a lot of thought because I was and remain very confused about the good reviews. I don't know if I was spoiled by other truly nice hotels, by "Star of Rome," and/or if most people had horribly stayed at bad hotels in comparison to this one so therefore found this one so nice. Luckily, I can say that from 10 hotels that I stayed in during both of my trips to Italy, I had only one very bad experience, one average, one below average (this one). So I must explain that I am comparing this hotel to great and very good hotel experiences.
I would like to break this down by "positives" and "negatives" but there is only one positive:
there is a mini grocery store across the street.
The customer service was non-existent and the front desk staff was unhelpful and a couple of them were rude.
-We were not offered any help at all with our luggage which is something that I expected even when I wasn't disabled.
-We did not have hand soap or body soap for our hands and when I asked for soap they were cracking jokes at my expense in Italian. Instead of soap, we were given extra shampoo but for some reason they thought that my request was ridiculous.
-Because our flight was departing too early to have the buffet breakfast which was included in the room rate (you can't get a room rate without breakfast), we were told that we would be given a "box breakfast." That didn't happen.
-They held on to our passports at check in and after a few hours I went downstairs to retrieve them but they had not made copies yet and the passports were just lying around on the counter when I went to pick them up.
-The temperature in the room was uncomfortable (too warm) and it was stuffy. In order to get some air in the room, we had to open the balcony doors but it was quite noisy until one or two in the morning.
-The beds were uncomfortable.
-The bathroom was depressing. There was soap scum and mildew. The caulking in the shower was peeling off and the shower head was leaking. The radiator was right by the toilet so you had to be extremely careful not to accidentally touch it. No soap, etc.
I would not recommend this hotel nor would I go back even if it was 50% off. A hotel must be a positive experience when you are on vacation and there were no positives that we could find here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

In Rome and that zone i stayed in a few hotels and i would say Hotel Delle Province became the one i liked most. Usually in Rome the hotel rooms are very small and you hardly move in it. But the rooms of Hotel delle Province are very ample and comfortable and of course very clean. I stayed in 2 diffrent rooms and when i entered into the second one i was amazed by the hugeness of the room and bed. It had even a fitness bike inside. Next time i will ask for the same room. :) Another positive aspect is that the breakfast is very rich comparing to other hotels in Italy. Being Turkish it was nice finding a salty breakfast in Italy which is in fact very rare. The staff is very friendly and helpful. To move in the city we always used metro. There are also buses but i personally find always more convenient taking metro. Bologna metro station is very close to hotel, you have to walk only 5 minutes. The hotel is situated by the street but it is not crowded nor noisy. On the map it looks far from the centre but if you are coming from a big city, you will find the distances very small. The location is very enjoyable because it is full of different stores which you don't see in touristic areas. We will perform a few bussiness trips to Rome and our choice will be again Hotel delle Province.

Thank you and see you next time!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel delle Province? Share your experiences!